Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #1576
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,596
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Sound City by David Grohl was excellent...it combines 2 of my favorite things music and documentaries. Tells the story of Sound City recording studio and how it changed the life of his and many others who worked and recorded there. Just an amazing movie, always loved the behind the scenes.

Add another thing to the list Grohl is good at, directing.

Sound City

Sound City (2013) - IMDb
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #1577
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,524
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
In the past three weeks I have seen Lincoln, Les Mes, and Beasts of the Southern Wild. All three were impressive in their own way, but Beasts would get my vote over the other two because it's just so unique and intriguing; it's everything Hollywood isn't and is just an amazing movie. Check it out.
I read the plot on Beast,that movie sounds like a major bummer
Not saying it wasnt a good movie,just sounds like a downer
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #1578
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sound City by David Grohl was excellent...it combines 2 of my favorite things music and documentaries. Tells the story of Sound City recording studio and how it changed the life of his and many others who worked and recorded there. Just an amazing movie, always loved the behind the scenes.

Add another thing to the list Grohl is good at, directing.

Sound City

Sound City (2013) - IMDb
I've heard nothing but great things about that, I tried to talk my wife into watching it the other night but for some reason she wasn't feeling it. I might have to just check it out for myself.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #1579
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
anyone seen moma? love a good scary movie
Surprisingly creepy except for maybe the last 20 minutes or so. Both my gf and I jumped a couple times actually lol, but we both really hated the ending.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #1580
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I've heard nothing but great things about that, I tried to talk my wife into watching it the other night but for some reason she wasn't feeling it. I might have to just check it out for myself.
The story behind the studio makes it interesting even for someone that may not be initially drawn to the subject. The editing works with the music to keep everything moving... See if you can sell your wife on it some more- I think most people would dig it.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #1581
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

A Good Day to Die Hard is complete rubbish. I honestly think its the worst movie ive ever seen. And i use the term "movie" loosely, because it doesnt feel like youre watching an actual movie. Its more like youre watching a bunch of unimaginative action scenes loosely connected to eachother by awkard scenes of bad dialog. The dialog is eye-rolling awful - one person will say something, there will be a long pause while we wait for another character to respond, and when he does, its a completely retarded sentence comprised of no more than 4 words. Seriously, the script was written at a 1st grade level - if that. McClanes one-liners dont make sense and/or are not funny, the action is not exciting, and all the actors are playing caricatures - not even 2 dimensional, let alone 3 dimensional characters. There's not a single character who has any depth at all, including McClaine. Worst of all, the movie is horribly edited. There is not a good flow from scene to scene and even within scenes, its often hard to figure out where characters/vehicles are in relation to eachother. Its a HORRIBLE, attrocious steaming pile of ebola infected-pig crap. Don't waste your money on it.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #1582
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Outside of the original the Die Hard movies have all sucked.

I'm amazed that so many people spend good money on garbage like that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #1583
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Outside of the original the Die Hard movies have all sucked.

I'm amazed that so many people spend good money on garbage like that.
Part Two at Dulles Airport is pretty good. After that yeah they go downhill.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #1584
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
A Good Day to Die Hard is complete rubbish. I honestly think its the worst movie ive ever seen. And i use the term "movie" loosely, because it doesnt feel like youre watching an actual movie. Its more like youre watching a bunch of unimaginative action scenes loosely connected to eachother by awkard scenes of bad dialog. The dialog is eye-rolling awful - one person will say something, there will be a long pause while we wait for another character to respond, and when he does, its a completely retarded sentence comprised of no more than 4 words. Seriously, the script was written at a 1st grade level - if that. McClanes one-liners dont make sense and/or are not funny, the action is not exciting, and all the actors are playing caricatures - not even 2 dimensional, let alone 3 dimensional characters. There's not a single character who has any depth at all, including McClaine. Worst of all, the movie is horribly edited. There is not a good flow from scene to scene and even within scenes, its often hard to figure out where characters/vehicles are in relation to eachother. Its a HORRIBLE, attrocious steaming pile of ebola infected-pig crap. Don't waste your money on it.
Obviously you have never watched Troll 2.

I watched it last night it has to be the worst acting I have ever seen which includes my 4 year old sons Christmas Play.

BEST WORST MOVIE | TROLL 2 DOCUMENTARY
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #1585
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Part Two at Dulles Airport is pretty good. After that yeah they go downhill.
Prior to DH5, that was my least favorite in the series. I'd rank them:

Die Hard - 10
Die Harder - 3
DH With a Vengence - 6
Live Free or DH - 7
A Good Day to DH - 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Obviously you have never watched Troll 2.
I watched it last night it has to be the worst acting I have ever seen which includes my 4 year old sons Christmas Play.
Some movies are so bad, theyre "good," because you can watch them and make fun of them, play drinking games, etc. DH5 doesnt even have that going for it.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #1586
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I hope Die Hard doesn't end on a note like this...

Another good music documentary- Searching for Sugar Man.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #1587
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,524
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sound City by David Grohl was excellent...it combines 2 of my favorite things music and documentaries. Tells the story of Sound City recording studio and how it changed the life of his and many others who worked and recorded there. Just an amazing movie, always loved the behind the scenes.

Add another thing to the list Grohl is good at, directing.

Sound City

Sound City (2013) - IMDb
I want to see this.I have a lot of respect and admiration for Dave Grohl.What he has done is probably unparalleled.To go from one Iconic rock band,switch instruments and then become the singer in another band with great success is pretty amazing
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #1588
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,355
Watched Skyfall and flight today. Both were pretty good IMO
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #1589
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,880
I saw Olympus Has Fallen. Definitely fit the bill for action. Very well done had some applause moments from the crowd and also several on the edge of the seat ones as well. I would also say that mostly you could believe what seemed like an unbelievable plotline.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #1590
Impact Rookie
 
VegasSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 551
Broke out fight club and Amadeus for a long flight. Both are old but really enjoyed them anyway.

Have Lincoln and this is 40 on tap for flights next week.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26109 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25