Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #1696
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I heard nothing but bad reviews on Superman. I hatte comic book movies and I dont get the whole appeal outside of kids. Ill take an excellent, original story over special effects/cgi all day long.
Thats why you should check out "This is the End."

Its a great flick and one of the few movies that I've laughed all the way through from beginning to end. The last movies I can think of that made me laugh like that was the 40 year old Virgin, Hangover and Super Bad. A must see in my opinion, and I'd rather see it again than see Superman for the first time (although I will see superman in theaters for its special effects)
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #1697
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,605
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Thats why you should check out "This is the End."

Its a great flick and one of the few movies that I've laughed all the way through from beginning to end. The last movies I can think of that made me laugh like that was the 40 year old Virgin, Hangover and Super Bad. A must see in my opinion, and I'd rather see it again than see Superman for the first time (although I will see superman in theaters for its special effects)
Yeah I like comedies and heard This is the End is good. Im def gonna see it.

My favorite movies of the last year 1. Flight 2. Zero Dark Thirty 3. Silver Linings Playblook
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #1698
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah I like comedies and heard This is the End is good. Im def gonna see it.

My favorite movies of the last year 1. Flight 2. Zero Dark Thirty 3. Silver Linings Playblook
I've heard mixed (Superman-like reviews) for Flight: Either very good or not good at all.

Silver Linings Playbook was good, nothing Great.

Zero Dark Thirty I loved.

So far the movies I saw this year in order of best to worst:

1. This is the End
2. Hangover III (it was better than the 2nd!)
3. Iron Man 3 (I'm like you, too many superhero movies, too predictable now. And the villian sucked. This was the worst Iron Man IMO)
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #1699
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Kind of a sleeper is Last Stand with Arnold. I drank a few beers while watching it and generally enjoyed it.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #1700
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Amazing they can't make a good Superman movie these days.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #1701
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,605
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I've heard mixed (Superman-like reviews) for Flight: Either very good or not good at all.

Silver Linings Playbook was good, nothing Great.

Zero Dark Thirty I loved.

So far the movies I saw this year in order of best to worst:

1. This is the End
2. Hangover III (it was better than the 2nd!)
3. Iron Man 3 (I'm like you, too many superhero movies, too predictable now. And the villian sucked. This was the worst Iron Man IMO)
Flight is a must see. Original story and a lil unpredictable. Densel, Goodman were great.

Silver Linings for me was all the about the message and superior acting. Lawrence shows why she is going to become the best actress on the planet shortly. De Niro is the De Niro of old and steals scenes from Cooper the entire movie.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #1702
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Flight is a must see. Original story and a lil unpredictable. Densel, Goodman were great.

Silver Linings for me was all the about the message and superior acting. Lawrence shows why she is going to become the best actress on the planet shortly. De Niro is the De Niro of old and steals scenes from Cooper the entire movie.
I just rented Flight based on your review from Redbox; unfortunately Redbox use the non-US Standard of 5 stars for reviewing so it is always difficult to trust their reviews.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #1703
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

for the record, I will now use a 13 star review system out of respect for the original US flag.

since I have only seen one movie this year, and wanting to leave room for others, I give Star Trek 2 an 11 star rating (Delaware and Maryland abstained)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #1704
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I just rented Flight based on your review from Redbox; unfortunately Redbox use the non-US Standard of 5 stars for reviewing so it is always difficult to trust their reviews.
I rarely do this, but here you go.

I'm sorry for ridiculing you yesterday.

I was wrong about the 4 star rating. I see that on Verizon Fios they use it and Redbox as you mentioned. I went off my most common critic forms of using the Washington Post, Local ABC 7 News with Arch Campbell, Newsday, Rollingstone, to my Cox and Comcast TV guides (major to local news & entertainment outlets, you get the idea here) thinking that since many of my entertainment outlets that use the star system out of 4, that there is no 5 star system for movies. But as you pointed out, Verizon and Red Box & Netflix, both of which I've used very seldomly, also use the 5 star system. I was wrong. My apologies again, mredskins.

Back to movies
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #1705
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,283
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I've learned to not argue with idiots because they bring you down to their own level of stupidity..
well, you should know. whenever you do find that hole you crawled out of though, please lock yourself in. it'd be a huge favor to the human race.

thanks in advance.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #1706
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
well, you should know. whenever you do find that hole you crawled out of though, please lock yourself in. it'd be a huge favor to the human race.

thanks in advance.
What do you want an apology to? HA! cause you're not getting one! If you can read, you'll see that we're done talking about yesterdays rating systems. Give me a movie review or recommendation, or getting going.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #1707
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I rarely do this, but here you go.

I'm sorry for ridiculing you yesterday.

I was wrong about the 4 star rating. I see that on Verizon Fios they use it and Redbox as you mentioned. I went off my most common critic forms of using the Washington Post, Local ABC 7 News with Arch Campbell, Newsday, Rollingstone, to my Cox and Comcast TV guides (major to local news & entertainment outlets, you get the idea here) thinking that since many of my entertainment outlets that use the star system out of 4, that there is no 5 star system for movies. But as you pointed out, Verizon and Red Box & Netflix, both of which I've used very seldomly, also use the 5 star system. I was wrong. My apologies again, mredskins.

Back to movies
No worries! It actually blossomed into a humorous segment here. If you have any hard feeling my apologies as well.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #1708
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

^No we're cool mredskins

Since it is a movie thread I thought I'd ask a movie related question.

Who is the best director today in terms of successful films? By successful I mean a majority of audiences and/or critics like the movie.

My choice would be Christopher Nolan. The guy has yet to have a bad movie, IMO.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #1709
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
^No we're cool mredskins

Since it is a movie thread I thought I'd ask a movie related question.

Who is the best director today in terms of successful films? By successful I mean a majority of audiences and/or critics like the movie.

My choice would be Christopher Nolan. The guy has yet to have a bad movie, IMO.
Agreed Christopher Nolan or Ridley Scott.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #1710
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,283
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
What do you want an apology to? HA! cause you're not getting one! If you can read, you'll see that we're done talking about yesterdays rating systems. Give me a movie review or recommendation, or getting going.
did i ask for an apology? i really think you'd be well served by following your own advice.

and, uh, way to troll a thread! why don't you go ahead and claim credit for more HTTR tweets or paste some more racist jokes.

you add SOOO much to this site, i love you.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28782 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25