Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #1861
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,658
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Carrie attended High School...naturally in the original, but may have been Home Schooled prior to that. Sounds right
FWIW, the kids that I have been around that have been Home Schooled were...light years ahead of their Fed/State....Ed.....counterparts
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #1862
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,379
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I liked the new interpretation of Carrie. Julianne Moore brought the house as the crazy mom. I'll have to think about how it stacks up against the first one, but this one stands well on its own. I like Spacek's lead a little more than Moretz's, but still a fan of Chloe. Judy Greer (the sexed crazed secretary in Archer) does a pretty good turn as the phys ed. teacher.
Have you ever seen this:Trollhunter (2010) - IMDb

pretty decent, Its been purchased for remake: Christopher Columbus Hires Neil Marshall For Troll Hunter Remake - CinemaBlend.com

I have to say, surprisingly good. Im interested to see some more money behind in the remake. check it
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #1863
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,880
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Have you ever seen this:Trollhunter (2010) - IMDb

pretty decent, Its been purchased for remake: Christopher Columbus Hires Neil Marshall For Troll Hunter Remake - CinemaBlend.com

I have to say, surprisingly good. Im interested to see some more money behind in the remake. check it
Oh yeah, definitely liked Trollhunter. I'm also a huge Neil Marshall fan, so I'm stoked to see the remake. I'm guessing you've seen The Descent and Dog Soldiers?

Norway's got an underrated horror scene. If you haven't already, check out Cold Prey and Dead Snow.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #1864
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,379
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Oh yeah, definitely liked Trollhunter. I'm also a huge Neil Marshall fan, so I'm stoked to see the remake. I'm guessing you've seen The Descent and Dog Soldiers?

Norway's got an underrated horror scene. If you haven't already, check out Cold Prey and Dead Snow.
Yeah the Descent was ok, not dog soldiers. But trollhunter kinda started a lil whimpy, but picked up steam as it went on.

Ill look for the other horror movies.

Anybody heard anything about The Monuments Men (2014) - IMDb

Looks dope
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #1865
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,880
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah the Descent was ok, not dog soldiers. But trollhunter kinda started a lil whimpy, but picked up steam as it went on.

Ill look for the other horror movies.

Anybody heard anything about The Monuments Men (2014) - IMDb

Looks dope
I really liked the trailer for Monuments Men. Definitely looking forward to it.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #1866
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,379
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Halloween is hear, give me your favorite Horror films of all time. I need some suggestions:

Mine

1. The Shining
2. Pet Cemetery
3. The Others
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
5. Blair Witch Project

I like tension from horror movies, not really all gory. Uncomfortable is good. Shining is kinda a easy one to name because its probably one of my top 5 all time. Not a big Horror fan, but need suggestions for the weekend please.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #1867
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,880
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Halloween is hear, give me your favorite Horror films of all time. I need some suggestions:

Mine

1. The Shining
2. Pet Cemetery
3. The Others
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
5. Blair Witch Project

I like tension from horror movies, not really all gory. Uncomfortable is good. Shining is kinda a easy one to name because its probably one of my top 5 all time. Not a big Horror fan, but need suggestions for the weekend please.
Here's some uncomfortable, tense films:

The Descent
The Conjuring
The Orphanage
Session 9
High Tension
[Rec] (This one has a bit of blood, but it's definitely a heart pumper)
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #1868
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,379
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Cool. I heard the conjuring is gud. I don't know if u heard the back story, pretty amazing. Gotta lotta evidence of a demon in that home.

Seen the descent and orphanage. They were ok. Heard good things about session 9
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #1869
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,379
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Here's some uncomfortable, tense films:

The Descent
The Conjuring
The Orphanage
Session 9
High Tension
[Rec] (This one has a bit of blood, but it's definitely a heart pumper)
Have you seen this:Let the Right One In (2008) - IMDb Worth a watch, good script. Dark.

The director, Tomas Alfredson, directed Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which is probably my favorite movie of 2011. Check it out.

Saw Session 9, not bad.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #1870
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,309
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Speaking of The Shining, some cool behind the scene pics

Filming title sequence | credit: www.theoverlookhotel.com - Imgur
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #1871
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,880
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Have you seen this:Let the Right One In (2008) - IMDb Worth a watch, good script. Dark.

The director, Tomas Alfredson, directed Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which is probably my favorite movie of 2011. Check it out.

Saw Session 9, not bad.
Dug both Let the Right One In and TTSS. I actually loved the re-interpretation of the former more (Hammer films is back).
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #1872
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,880
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Speaking of The Shining, some cool behind the scene pics

Filming title sequence | credit: www.theoverlookhotel.com - Imgur
Nice shots... I've also got Room 237 queued up (I think it's supposed to homage The Shining as Trekkies did for Star Trek).
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #1873
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,897
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Really enjoyed the Ender's Game movie. Nowhere near as good as the book, but still solid.

Last edited by mbedner3420; 11-02-2013 at 07:37 PM.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #1874
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,379
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Really enjoyed Ender's Game movie. Nowhere near as good as the book, but still solid.
yeah, I wanna check it out
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #1875
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,309
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Nice shots... I've also got Room 237 queued up (I think it's supposed to homage The Shining as Trekkies did for Star Trek).
Yeah that looks interesting, let us know what you think.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27690 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25