Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #226
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Aside from the classic "Money Shot" I do not think so. American Cinema has lost itself. No originality or creativness anymore. They keep trying to pass off last decades classics as this years blockbuster hype. In the end they just have a bust without the block.

I disagree. I think they are becoming more creative about their endings, and it's not sitting well with everyone because we always expect a nice "happily ever after, The End" bow on every move we watch...

I was extremely upset by the nuber 23s ending, because I've been writing a book that I hope to get translated into a move, and it had a very similar ending... scratch that! damnit...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #227
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I watched no country for old men last night and I was pretty satisfied with the ending. Most of the time, if the journey is relayed right, the destination is almost negligible. I loved fight club, but until I re-watched it on cable last week, I couldn't tell you how it ended... but could tell you all about the characters, settings, and situations...

I'm having trouble wrapping up a story I've been writing for over a year. I sat down in a week and wrote the beginning (which I've changed twice, but decisively and easily) and the body, from strong character and setting development, suspenseful adventures, a fluid moving journey that leads... anywhere. I cannot end it. I've thought of several scenarios, and story conclusions (the one that ended like 23 was going to be my final) and keep changing my mind. I now understand why there are always alternate endings in movies...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #228
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post

I'm having trouble wrapping up a story I've been writing for over a year. I sat down in a week and wrote the beginning (which I've changed twice, but decisively and easily) and the body, from strong character and setting development, suspenseful adventures, a fluid moving journey that leads... anywhere. I cannot end it. I've thought of several scenarios, and story conclusions (the one that ended like 23 was going to be my final) and keep changing my mind. I now understand why there are always alternate endings in movies...
Yo that's awesome you're writing a script EE! I've been lagging on starting one... I hear the latest version of FinalDraft is pretty good.

My buddy who is taking some screenwriting classes says it's a pretty frustrating process... you're constantly re-writing everything to make sure plot points don't seem contrived. The ending has to be the toughest though.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #229
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I'm pretty excited for Iron Man tonight. hope it lives up to the hype.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #230
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Iron Man looks awesome - I probably won't get to see it in the theaters, but I'm going to try!
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #231
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Iron Man was totally a 8.5 out of 10 for me. Good job with building the characters, awesome as hell special effects, and absolutely perfecting casting for every single role.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #232
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Iron Man was totally a 8.5 out of 10 for me. Good job with building the characters, awesome as hell special effects, and absolutely perfecting casting for every single role.
I agree. Robert Downey Jr did a great job as Tony Stark. Special effects were good. Jeff Bridges looked very comfortable in his role. Paltrow did her usual terrible job, though. Good movie if you like that kind of flick.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:11 AM   #233
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Can't say I plan on seeing Iron Man, although I'm sure i'll watch it when it eventually hits one of the movie channels.

I saw Idiocracy and License to Wed tonight. Idiocracy was a really good flick, although I certainly don't believe that in 500 years people are going to be that incredibly stupid lol. It does make you think though, what if? if you know what i'm saying.

License to Wed was okay but I watched it more for the humor than for the romance. Overall a decent film, although I was disappointed because when the previews for it were on t.v. they portrayed it as a hilarious looking comedy, and it's definitely more romance than comedy.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #234
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I saw Idiocrazy and License to Wed tonight. Idiocracy was a really good flick, although I certainly don't believe that in 500 years people are going to be that incredibly stupid lol.

yeah, I don't think it's going to take nearly that long, either. "It's got electrolytes"

"what's electrolytes?"

"it's what plants crave"

"No way, you like money and sex? Me too!"


awesome movie...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #235
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Yo that's awesome you're writing a script EE! I've been lagging on starting one... I hear the latest version of FinalDraft is pretty good.

My buddy who is taking some screenwriting classes says it's a pretty frustrating process... you're constantly re-writing everything to make sure plot points don't seem contrived. The ending has to be the toughest though.
you should put some time aside and start with an outline, and see where it leads... if you or your friend has any advice on how to get funding and produced, let me know. I have no idea how the biz works, just that I have something I want to create. good luck!
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:39 AM   #236
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Lets see, in the past two days, I've seen Harold and Kumar: Escape From Guantanemo (probably spelled wrong) Bay and I just saw Transformers for the first time on Cinemax.

In my opinion, Harold and Kumar was an excellent movie, but only because I'm a fan of stoner films that feature lots of female nudity. I would definitely check it out if you are a fan of those kinds of movies like I am, but if you only stick to more sophisticated films then you probably shouldn't bother.

I'm like 10 months late on this one, because I just saw Transformers lolol, but I gotta say, that was an excellent movie. When I saw the previews I didn't bother going to see it because for some random reason that I now forget, it didn't appeal to me. If I had gone to see that movie in theaters though I definitely wouldn't have been disappointed. I loved the storyline, great acting by Shia Lebouf (man, it seems like just yesterday I was watching him on Even Stevens) and everyone else, the special effects were pretty magnificent, and just overall a great film in my book.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #237
Special Teams
 
PFunk26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Grafton, WI
Age: 34
Posts: 355
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I agree with Idiocracy that movie was great, I love the begining where they show how everyone got so dumb, I watched that all the time while had a free trial of the movie channels
__________________
'I don’t care what it takes, we’re not leaving here without another ring.’ ”
PFunk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #238
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,560
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I saw gone baby gone this weekend, I thought it was pretty good. Good cast and a lot of twists and turns.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #239
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and laughed my ass off the entire time. It was nice to see a movie that didn't have all of the good stuff in the preview only to leave you disappointed by the rest of the film.

Iron man was on point. Great acting, action, and special effects. It also had me laughing quite a bit. Finally, another Marvel comic other than Spiderman that wasn't screwed up.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #240
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lets see, in the past two days, I've seen Harold and Kumar: Escape From Guantanemo (probably spelled wrong) Bay and I just saw Transformers for the first time on Cinemax.

In my opinion, Harold and Kumar was an excellent movie, but only because I'm a fan of stoner films that feature lots of female nudity. I would definitely check it out if you are a fan of those kinds of movies like I am, but if you only stick to more sophisticated films then you probably shouldn't bother.

I'm like 10 months late on this one, because I just saw Transformers lolol, but I gotta say, that was an excellent movie. When I saw the previews I didn't bother going to see it because for some random reason that I now forget, it didn't appeal to me. If I had gone to see that movie in theaters though I definitely wouldn't have been disappointed. I loved the storyline, great acting by Shia Lebouf (man, it seems like just yesterday I was watching him on Even Stevens) and everyone else, the special effects were pretty magnificent, and just overall a great film in my book.
As for H&K, you had me at female nudity. Transformers doesn't interest me a bit. I never liked the cartoon when I was a kid.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36084 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25