Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #1366
Camp Scrub
 
BabyLuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 33
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Haha both batman and prometheus look heart attack intense.
BabyLuku is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #1367
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,848
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I can't believe the Hunger Games hype in my city... how is it affecting everyone else?

Battle Royale, ftw.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #1368
Camp Scrub
 
BabyLuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 33
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Even in AUS Hunger Games advertisements are everywhere.
BabyLuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #1369
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

i've never read a book and had it be turned into a movie, but some of my favorite novels were, i just happened to see the movie before i read the book. besides the outsiders, but that was all before i was born. american psycho is great both ways
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #1370
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I can't believe the Hunger Games hype in my city... how is it affecting everyone else?

Battle Royale, ftw.
All my friends went to see it. So far it seems like everyone has said it's incredible. But then again most of my friends are female. I dunno how males feel about it.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #1371
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,424
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I can't believe Hollywood is letting a director violate another beloved franchise. Outside of Spiderman and Batman Hollywood adaptions have mostly been terrible.

Exclusive: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Director Addresses "Alien" Backlash | Superhero Hype
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #1372
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I can't believe Hollywood is letting a director violate another beloved franchise. Outside of Spiderman and Batman Hollywood adaptions have mostly been terrible.

Exclusive: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Director Addresses "Alien" Backlash | Superhero Hype
that is terrible
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #1373
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I can't believe Hollywood is letting a director violate another beloved franchise. Outside of Spiderman and Batman Hollywood adaptions have mostly been terrible.

Exclusive: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Director Addresses "Alien" Backlash | Superhero Hype
Can't be any worse than The 3 Stooges movie that's coming out in a couple weeks.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #1374
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,708
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Can't be any worse than The 3 Stooges movie that's coming out in a couple weeks.
That shit looks terrible. The sad thing is that 2 of the 3 actually look casted "properly", but in the end it's just not the real Stooges. I remember when I saw the trailer for it for the first time, my friend and I looked at each other and pretty much simultaneously said WTF?
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #1375
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,424
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Can't be any worse than The 3 Stooges movie that's coming out in a couple weeks.
Yeah, probably not the best idea to come out with a full length movie. I could appreciate a short tribute, especially with the likes of Will Sasso and Sean Hayes (of Will & Grace fame) but not a full feature.

3 stooges to me is legendary and still funny to this day, and this is coming from a guy that absolutely hates pre-80's cinema, especially black and white shows and movies.

Speaking of slap-stick comedy.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #1376
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i've never read a book and had it be turned into a movie, but some of my favorite novels were, i just happened to see the movie before i read the book. besides the outsiders, but that was all before i was born. american psycho is great both ways
I'm a big fan of watching a movie first and then reading the book afterwards.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #1377
Special Teams
 
RedskinMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Odenton, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 300
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Yeah, probably not the best idea to come out with a full length movie. I could appreciate a short tribute, especially with the likes of Will Sasso and Sean Hayes (of Will & Grace fame) but not a full feature.

3 stooges to me is legendary and still funny to this day, and this is coming from a guy that absolutely hates pre-80's cinema, especially black and white shows and movies.

Speaking of slap-stick comedy.
It originally was a blockbuster movie with Sean Penn, Benicio Del Torro, and Jim Carey in the rolls. The director dropped out and then so did the cast. It at one point had promise.
RedskinMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #1378
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm a big fan of watching a movie first and then reading the book afterwards.
what are some of yours?
the outsiders
american psycho
drive
fear and loathing in las vegas
rising sun* i forgot i did read the book first

that's what i can think of off the top of my head
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #1379
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,859
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Can't be any worse than The 3 Stooges movie that's coming out in a couple weeks.
I agree. When I first saw the trailer I told my wife there was no way that movie could make any money, although i could be wrong.

I was also shocked when they said that "John Carter" 's projected loss was going to be somewhere in the 200 million range.. Can a film fan tell me how close that is to "Battlefield Earth" in terms of loss?
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #1380
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,424
Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I agree. When I first saw the trailer I told my wife there was no way that movie could make any money, although i could be wrong.

I was also shocked when they said that "John Carter" 's projected loss was going to be somewhere in the 200 million range.. Can a film fan tell me how close that is to "Battlefield Earth" in terms of loss?
They lost it all to those stinkin pirates, not because they made a bad movie.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 03-24-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.22525 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25