Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #76
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
wow.. if you read my posts, I actually spell out all of what is on these websites. holdback avg.s 2%, wholesale financial reserve 1% sometimes there's dealer cash etc...
Then how can you imply that invoice is what the dealer actually pays? It is not, even you are admitting it. So why did we go through all this if you actually do know invoice is not what the dealer pays?

Quote:
what's pissing me off is that you are completely generalizing people based on a profession, and attacking my credibility based on the fact that you shouldn't trust me because I sold cars, when everything I'm saying is absolutely true, then you post a website that basically says the same thing I'm saying... how does that prove me wrong?
While I do generalize a profession (ps- noted that you did not saying anything in response to my "have you ever sold a car at MSRP") it is justifiable. What you are not getting is I am not condemning them to hell, they are trying to make a living. You are trying to justify your (once) occupation, when there is no need to.
Have you ever seen a salesman tell THEIR customer, "no, you don't want to pay that much, I can sell it to you for so much less than that"???? Of course not.
That being said, I NEVER attacked you. You attacked me cause you took my comments as a personal attack, but I never personally attacked you like you did me.

Quote:
On top of that Ladybrave is looking at a 25k accord and you're telling her the dealer buys them for around 3k under invoice. You are mistaken and adamantly misguiding expectations based on your unwarranted distrust.
Well, Like I said, I dealt mainly with GM vehicles, and it is true in those cases. Maybe the honda's have a smaller kick back and other issues, but I doubt less than 2k when it's all tallied. I told her to ask for the vehicle $500-$750 over invoice. That is a good deal for both her and the dealership.

Quote:
Personally I'm done wasting time and cyber-space on this issue, as it has become more of a private issue, not a public discussion, and I apologize to all that have been exposed to a drawn out debate that you had no stake in, but I did feel a need to defend myself, as my character was attacked undeservingly.
It only became personal when you attacked me. I was civil, and I was informative. You threw in personal attacks to justify your comments and feelings. I never once attacked your character, and if you felt that by association to salesmen I attacked you, you need to re read my posts.
You are trying to tell people that salesmen aren't out to make money...of COURSE they are. There is also no doubt that selling anything at MSRP is skrewing someone. You can think otherwise, that's your choice. That's what debate is all about.
In short, learn how to debate without taking things personally when YOU PERSONALLY are not being attacked.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #77
Trade Robert for a 4th.
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,504
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

They started by building great roads, and then they focus'd on automobiles. Stick with the Germans on some things, not everything. But with luxury auto's, stick with the innovative pros.
__________________
Looking for a pocket passer.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #78
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Funny...just saw on ESPN a Fowler Toyota Tundra commercial where there are offering 6k off MSRP.
MSRP on a 2WD SE 4.7L - $27,915
INVOICE on same vehicle- $25,331
6k minus the MSRP is - $21,915

That's a difference of $3,416 OFF INVOICE!!!!!!

Hmm, I thought Honda's and Toyota's were different? I guess that dealership is just being nice and selling their cars at a massive discount and less than what they paid??? In a crazy scheme to make a profit, they are selling their cars at less than what they paid for them! HAHAHA. Yet again, I have proved my point.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #79
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,949
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Jsarno, dude didn't you just right an apology thread on here for acting like a jerk????

I generaly like your post but I think you are really pushing the envelop here.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #80
Trade Robert for a 4th.
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,504
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Funny...just saw on ESPN a Fowler Toyota Tundra commercial where there are offering 6k off MSRP.
MSRP on a 2WD SE 4.7L - $27,915
INVOICE on same vehicle- $25,331
6k minus the MSRP is - $21,915

That's a difference of $3,416 OFF INVOICE!!!!!!

Hmm, I thought Honda's and Toyota's were different? I guess that dealership is just being nice and selling their cars at a massive discount and less than what they paid??? In a crazy scheme to make a profit, they are selling their cars at less than what they paid for them! HAHAHA. Yet again, I have proved my point.
Yeah, but.....
"For a limited time only, we have to clear our lots for the new models. This is once in a lifetime opportunity!!!!"

And don't they make all of their billions off of overpriced replacement parts put in by their slow overpriced "specialists?"
__________________
Looking for a pocket passer.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #81
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Jsarno, dude didn't you just right an apology thread on here for acting like a jerk????

I generaly like your post but I think you are really pushing the envelop here.
What? Too much on proving my point? Probably should have left well enough alone huh?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #82
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,061
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

I'm still not clear as to why a dealership making a profit is "screwing you". Are they supposed to sell cars for no profit? Are they supposed to not maximize profit?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #83
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 1,444
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
What? Too much on proving my point? Probably should have left well enough alone huh?
The thing is jsarno, is that you will debate anyone about anything and everything and unfortunately you sometimes come off like a know-it-all. That can be off putting to some people. I think you mean well, but your delivery could use some work.

I appreciated you taking the time to give me advice, but I don't understand why you felt the need to go after CTT. You basically called him a liar. He's not in the business anymore and he doesn't have a vested interest in my transaction, so what would be his motivation for handing me a line of crap?

There just shouldn't be this much drama involved. This thread has officially become retarded. Sorry for jacking your thread saden. I hope you were able to make a decision on which car you wanted.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #84
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
The thing is jsarno, is that you will debate anyone about anything and everything and unfortunately you sometimes come off like a know-it-all. That can be off putting to some people. I think you mean well, but your delivery could use some work.

I appreciated you taking the time to give me advice, but I don't understand why you felt the need to go after CTT. You basically called him a liar. He's not in the business anymore and he doesn't have a vested interest in my transaction, so what would be his motivation for handing me a line of crap?

There just shouldn't be this much drama involved. This thread has officially become retarded. Sorry for jacking your thread saden. I hope you were able to make a decision on which car you wanted.
You must have read my mind because, I kid you not, I actually wrote those same exact words and change mind about posting them because I didn't want the thread to turn ugly.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #85
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,949
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Well said Lady B!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #86
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 1,444
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You must have read my mind because, I kid you not, I actually wrote those same exact words and change mind about posting them because I didn't want the thread to turn ugly.
I thought it had already turned ugly, so I figured..."oh what the heck".

Seriously though, did you decide on a car?
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #87
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

BTW LB, unbeknown to you, you were pretty damn funny with one of your earlier posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave;
I don't really need a new car. I'm just tired of driving a stick shift and I would really like a sedan.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #88
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
I thought it had already turned ugly, so I figured..."oh what the heck".

Seriously though, did you decide on a car?
Actually I decided on the G35 as I care more about the best bang for the $$$. The 08' G35 is kinda scarce right which means everyone and their mother wants one and it's going to cost you a pretty penny to be the the first kid on the block to own one. I'm going to wait a few more months when the conditions are more favorable.

p.s. My sister is also looking to buy a new car and she really really likes the new 08' Accord. I must say, it looks pretty damn good.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #89
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,839
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

I rented an '07 Accord recently and it was a damn nice car
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #90
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 1,444
Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
BTW LB, unbeknown to you, you were pretty damn funny with one of your earlier posts:
Well, it's the truth. I drive a 02 Stratus RT Coupe. I'm getting old. It's time to be more practical. You should see my 66 year old mom getting in and out of my car. She just plants her feet and falls into it.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29250 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25