Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 11:21 PM   #181
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
LOL...you obviously didn't read my post. Where is that transportation cost? That is for financial aid purposes...you don't pay that to the college...come on matty, use the noggin.
Same for personal expenses...do you write a check for "personal expenses" to the college, or do you pay for personal expenses cause they are just that...personal expenses????? That is alotted in the financial aid, not something is out of pocket up front.

You guys are too funny.
Wow you really are dense at times.

Let me lay it out for you. When I was going to school at night for my MBA, it required me to drive an extra 20 miles or so each day out of my way going back and forth to school. That's extra gas money and wear and tear on the car. Hence, I had a transportation expense.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #182
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Wow you really are dense at times.

Let me lay it out for you. When I was going to school at night for my MBA, it required me to drive an extra 20 miles or so each day out of my way going back and forth to school. That's extra gas money and wear and tear on the car. Hence, I had a transportation expense.
OK...whatever Matty. It is you that is dense arguing this my friend.
ps- I live about 1 mile from NMSU, and anyone that lives in Carlsbad lives less than 10 miles from NMSU. If you can go to the movies, or out to eat, or out with your friends, why do you insist on calculating the miles?
So by using this in your argument, you are telling me that you would NEVER go out after work, you would go home ONLY...thus the transportation costs become relevant???? Doubt it.

How many times do I need to prove the point that other expenses are nothing if your tuition is paid for and you don't need to pay for room and board????? That's the whole point...nothing like splitting hairs huh matty?

pps- 20 miles out of your way with a vehicle that gets 20 MPG is about $2.79 now-a-days. If you go 2-3 times a week as most do that's $8.37 (at 3 times a week). You go for approx. 7 months out of the year, so that's $234.36. You wanna try another useless argument?

So now the tally is approx $500 for book over the year and $250 for gas (although I am sure your car gets better than 20mpg.) So we're up to $750 for the year with tuition paid for...I guess people should sit on their ass cause it's too damn expensive. PFFFFF. The $750 divided by the 8 months of school or so you go means a cost of apprx $93.75 per month. OUCH.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #183
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
When I was going to school at night for my MBA, it required me to drive an extra 20 miles
I did mine online, cost me $25 a month for internet service.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:40 PM   #184
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

It's right there in black and white, $4369 in non tuition related expenses.

Yes, if I'm driving 20 miles out of my way every day, hell yeah that's an expense, why is that so hard to understand??

LOL someone posts a source, you take what you want from it and disregard the rest. Really brilliant.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #185
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I did mine online, cost me $25 a month for internet service.
That explains a lot.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:47 PM   #186
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I did mine online, cost me $25 a month for internet service.
You did your MBA online? Where?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:47 PM   #187
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It's right there in black and white, $4369 in non tuition related expenses.

Yes, if I'm driving 20 miles out of my way every day, hell yeah that's an expense, why is that so hard to understand??

LOL someone posts a source, you take what you want from it and disregard the rest. Really brilliant.
I am done with you and this argument...you refuse to see what is truth. Like I said, it actually cost you around $250 in gas, yet they are getting $1500? From where, the magical college fairy...it's for FINANCIAL AID purposes ONLY. YOU DON'T ACTUALLY PAY THAT. Holy shit matty...I guess I was wrong to expect you to use your head. I guess every single person spends $889 on books too...no one will pay $890, or $888. Since matty says it's in there black and white, you are all skrewed and it MUST be EXACT.
Damn you're dense.
Like I said, I am done arguing with you...I'm better off arguing with the wall. You don't know what you're talking about, I live here, I do know what I'm talking about...but I guess you know better living in NY.
Good luck Matty.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #188
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I am done with you and this argument...you refuse to see what is truth. Like I said, it actually cost you around $250 in gas, yet they are getting $1500? From where, the magical college fairy...it's for FINANCIAL AID purposes ONLY. YOU DON'T ACTUALLY PAY THAT. Holy shit matty...I guess I was wrong to expect you to use your head. I guess every single person spends $889 on books too...no one will pay $890, or $888. Since matty says it's in there black and white, you are all skrewed and it MUST be EXACT.
Damn you're dense.
Like I said, I am done arguing with you...I'm better off arguing with the wall. You don't know what you're talking about, I live here, I do know what I'm talking about...but I guess you know better living in NY.
Good luck Matty.
These figures are estimated expenses for attending college. I'm not the one making them up. Obviously some people will have more expenses, some less, but I think generally these numbers are in the ball park. Again, I just think it's funny you'll use the numbers that benefit your argument, and totally disregard the numbers that go against your argument.

The basic point here is that there is more expenses involved with going to college than tuition only, wasn't that the original argument here? You seem to think all you need is tuition and book money and you're all set. Obviously that's not the case, otherwise why does that source estimate $4369 in other expenses??

What does my living in NY have anything to do with this? Now you're really losing me.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #189
Registered User
 
MTRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 359
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

12) I can spend what money I have left after taxes on booze, cigarettes, junk food and anything else that could kill me, but I am not allowed by law to spend my money on getting an operation I need because that would be jumping the queue. I must wait my turn unless I am a hockey player or athlete, then I can get looked at right away. Go figure. Where else in the world can you spend money to kill yourself, but are not allowed to spend money to get healthy.

Sorry to break it to you but your friend is lying through his nicotene plated teeth. My family did business in Canada for over twenty years during which health care was a regular topic. Nobody in Canada is forced to use the government system, that's total bullshit. There's a private system and a public one. Lots of people use some form of private health insurance for family care, and let the government pay for major operations.

As a grad student I studied health care among all the industrialized nations.
1. We spend almost twice per capita as the OECD average
2. Infant mortality rate is higher here than in all other fully industrialized countries
3. Longevity among Americans is lower than average
4. Medical error and death due to medical error is literally off the charts in America compared w/ other industrialized nations.
5. Appx 22,000 Americans die every year because they are refused treatment for not carrying health insurance
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 AM   #190
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

I attend college, its expensive.
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:08 AM   #191
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That explains a lot.
LOL!

Jsarno, just out of curiousity where is your degree from?
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 AM   #192
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
First off can you post the law that states that an empolyer has to provide benefits to employees. No because there is no such law. The reason we have the problems is because the goverment cannot fix problems with money. They have tried and tried but money does not solve the problems. Not everyone is complaining about health care. The federal goverment needs to get out of education and give back the money to the states so the local comunities can run education. Homeless are homeless because they do not want to work. OK, most homeless are homeless by their own actions and a small % have had some bad luck. We allready provide breakfest and lunch to school children, we have food stamps, and local churches and organizations have food banks and food lines. If you are hungry in the US its your fault and/or your parents fault.
They do not have to, but once a company provides it for one class of employee, then they must provide for all. With that being said, once That multibillionaire offered medical insurance to the company president or any other full time employee, he must provide it to all employees within that class. (Usually full time employees).

Employer: Workplace Benefits FAQs

So, to say it correctly they are not required by Federal Law to provide benefits until they have provided for at least one class of person. Once they have done that then yes, they are bound by Federal Law. Sorry that I didn't break it down for you the first time.

As far as the homless issue goes, I want more money for prisons to put the homless in jail (not give them handouts). They can either become a contributing, working, member of society or rot in jail. Either way they are off of the streets. Money doesn't always have to go to a person, it can fund the cause in other ways as well. I refer to it as helping man with a little "tough love", otherwise known as motivation provided by negative reinforcement.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 AM   #193
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
They do not have to, but once a company provides it for one class of employee, then they must provide for all. With that being said, once That multibillionaire offered medical insurance to the company president or any other full time employee, he must provide it to all employees within that class. (Usually full time employees).

Employer: Workplace Benefits FAQs

So, to say it correctly they are not required by Federal Law to provide benefits until they have provided for at least one class of person. Once they have done that then yes, they are bound by Federal Law. Sorry that I didn't break it down for you the first time.

As far as the homless issue goes, I want more money for prisons to put the homless in jail (not give them handouts). They can either become a contributing, working, member of society or rot in jail. Either way they are off of the streets. Money doesn't always have to go to a person, it can fund the cause in other ways as well. I refer to it as helping man with a little "tough love", otherwise known as motivation provided by negative reinforcement.
This is a great document I studied in school. Have you heard of it?

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:36 AM   #194
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
I attend college, its expensive.
What? College... expensive?!?! I got about 6K in loans, 7K from the school, 4K from work, and the other 6K from family who i plan on paying back.

But after that i got hundreds of thousands for limo rides and making it rain pacman style at the bars.


Seriously though, i don't know why we are talking about college costs.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #195
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You did your MBA online? Where?
Good lord, SS! You can your MBA online from just about anywhere.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49824 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25