Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What's the longest you have been up?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #16
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
73 hours on a bet damn I was going crazy
That's about as close as I did...I did 71 hours, but it was because of a sleeping disorder that has since been cured...thank goodness. I was awake for 71 hours, slept for 10, then I was up for another 50 hours and slept 12. It was horrible. I wanted to sleep so bad but couldn't.

Hooskins, I'm sure you know this, but it's very bad for you to have such a wierd sleeping schedule. You need to take care of yourself, especially around finals time, cause lack of sleep has been clinically proven to lower test scores.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #17
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

i'll be up all night tonight. I was up for 36 hours between Friday and saturday. I've slept a good amount the last day and a half.

I am trying to stick to energy drinks because i don't want to take adderall. It can't be good for your heart and last year i felt like i was going to hagve a heart attack when i took too much of it and some ridallin and some energy drinks. I hear of some people taking coke to study for tests. I think that is a little overboard. Adderral is considered "baby coke".

BUt yeah, 36 is about as long as i've ever stayed up straight> I have done that many many times though. I remember being up 42 hours straight once and really i wasn't too tired. A lot of times I'll sleep 1 hour ever 6 hours or so for a couple days if i am studying really hard for a test. That works.

As for cramming for tests... works for me. People say you can't retain info unless you sleep. I sleep right after i take the test so i retain it then. I cam easily able to recall information if i study it a few hourse before taking a test. I've been pulling all nightsers since 7th grade so i'm not all that worried about tonight.

If i need to a boost i'll probably take a few energy drinks but i'll try to stay away from the adderall. I actually have a good amount on me so i guess i could get rid of it. I could sell it. That stuff is expensive during finals week.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #18
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
That's about as close as I did...I did 71 hours, but it was because of a sleeping disorder that has since been cured...thank goodness. I was awake for 71 hours, slept for 10, then I was up for another 50 hours and slept 12. It was horrible. I wanted to sleep so bad but couldn't.

Hooskins, I'm sure you know this, but it's very bad for you to have such a wierd sleeping schedule. You need to take care of yourself, especially around finals time, cause lack of sleep has been clinically proven to lower test scores.
Yea I know, but as BSB can probably attest sometimes college students get screwed in terms of finals and simply run out of time to study. That is why I pull all-nighters.

I still think if you just straight up don't know the facts you aren't going to do well on an exam. Sure you can space out the studying, but that is if you have the time to. I didn't unfortunately.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:20 AM   #19
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

The longest I have ever stayed awake without taking even a power nap is 53 hours. I have been awake for weeks at a time taking 10-20 minuite naps whenever I could get them. It takes a toll on your body though. I got ill every time I had to do it.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:27 AM   #20
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,969
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

I pulled my share of all nighters for finals. It's never worth it, yet I never learned my lesson.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #21
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

I stayed up for about 30 hours for a 24-hour take-home exam in law school. Virtually everyone in the class used all 24 hours. Spending 24 hours doing nothing but brain teasers will turn your mind to sh*t.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:00 AM   #22
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

Never more than 29 hours straight.

I've pulled all nighters, but I then sleep through the next day.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:07 AM   #23
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,115
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I stayed up for about 30 hours for a 24-hour take-home exam in law school. Virtually everyone in the class used all 24 hours. Spending 24 hours doing nothing but brain teasers will turn your mind to sh*t.
thanks for telling me wat to look foward to
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 AM   #24
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Never more than 29 hours straight.

I've pulled all nighters, but I then sleep through the next day.
Exactly. Sleeping right after the test fixes everything. I'll be sleeping from 3:30 to midnight and then i'll pull another all nighter. Horrible and vicious cycle


All nighters aren't that bad. Sleeping for 1 and a half is a great way to get through it to. I think that is one rem cycle so that is good. I've also heard other increments of rem cycles so... Also 20 minute naps work well because you don't get into your rem by then. By waking up in the middle of rem, you wake up tired. But rem is the most important part of sleep. I guess 3 30 minute naps aren't as good as 1 hour and a half nap.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #25
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

Quote:
I disagree. Because if you truly just don't know the information how will you do any better? What you are implying is if you have been studying two days before. I was in a bad situation in terms of finals, so if I slept I would have done worst because I simply did not know enough of the material.
IMO you probably either know it or you don't. I cram for a few hours before my exam, and that's normally enough for me to be reminded me of the information. I mean, different strokes for different folks. I rarely, if ever, take notes. If I go to class and listen, I normally retain information. If my assignment is reading a text book and things arent covered in class, I'm screwed. A) I don't retain information from books well at all. B) Reading textbooks is boring.

Like, I sleep at least 6ish hours before finals. For papers/projects Ive been up longer since there's a deliverable due at X time.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #26
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

3 1/2 days once, so that's approx. 84 hours.

I college, I worked 3rd shift 7 days a week 3/4 of the weeks of a month, I'd count 19-23 days in a row of working before a single day off, plus went to 8 hours of classes every day, so I averaged 10 hours of sleep a week. I was also trying to have a girlfriend too, so I would visit her instead of sleeping.

When I did get to sleep, it was anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. Never more.



Glad those days are over.

I have a newborn baby at home now, work 2 jobs and still get a LOT more sleep than I did during college.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #27
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

I woke up at 11 AM yesterday. Almost 30 hours. I can't sleep either because i have to go to a review session in a while. This sucks. Last exam is tomorrow and a paper on wednesday. I'll need a good amount of time for the paper too. . Whatever, then there is a 5 week vacation so....
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,985
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

I think my longest was around 40 and it included drinking and flying from Maryland to Colorado (which amps up the drinking). By the time I finally went to sleep I could barely form a sentence.
I can't imagine staying up as long as some of you guys have.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

I was awake for 36 hours once, because there was a crisis at work. It sucked.

As for aderol (sp), I took one when we played the Giants at home this year. I drank like a fish. After the game, I was yelling at people on the way out of the stadium -- old ladies and children alike -- "You so tough? Put a jersey on!" Then I would laugh uncontrollably. I was acting really belligerent. My cousins were calling me "belligero".
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #30
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What's the longest you have been up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I disagree. Because if you truly just don't know the information how will you do any better? What you are implying is if you have been studying two days before. I was in a bad situation in terms of finals, so if I slept I would have done worst because I simply did not know enough of the material.
Yea, after posting 4760 times here he decide it would be a good idea to study.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31738 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25