Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


AST (After Sean Taylor)-To gun or not to gun?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 11:53 PM   #121
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: AST (After Sean Taylor)-To gun or not to gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
no prob for clarifying... i didn't quite understand what you diagreed with...

and the DC area is a prime example. There are gun related crimes daily in that small city and there is a citywide ban on all handguns.
Well, maybe you can answer why there is a ban on radar / lasar detectors? I have owned one for years...in fact I have the Beltronics rx65 and it's AMAZINGLY GOOD! But they have all said that the DC area bans those detectors, unsure why.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #122
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,792
Re: AST (After Sean Taylor)-To gun or not to gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Well, maybe you can answer why there is a ban on radar / lasar detectors? I have owned one for years...in fact I have the Beltronics rx65 and it's AMAZINGLY GOOD! But they have all said that the DC area bans those detectors, unsure why.
Well I can't answer for the radar ban but I know that the gun ban isn't doing any good (hell I didn't even know there was a gun ban) cause I have friends that have high-powered automatic weapons like Tech-9s, desert eagles and I know for sure they don't have a license for them. They aren't thugs or anything thank God, just gun nuts.

Although one of my friends who does own guns/rifles/automatics said that in her neighborhood which isn't too far from mine, that people in her neighborhood who own automatic weapons on the 4th of July and new years, go outside with their automatic weapons and shoot them in the air. Like idiots. :smashfrea

This is just an example of how its incredibly easy to pick up a gun from anyone for anyone. Thats why I think there needs to be tighter laws. So idiots can't get their hands on them.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:49 AM   #123
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: AST (After Sean Taylor)-To gun or not to gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Well, maybe you can answer why there is a ban on radar / lasar detectors? I have owned one for years...in fact I have the Beltronics rx65 and it's AMAZINGLY GOOD! But they have all said that the DC area bans those detectors, unsure why.

I'd speculate increased ticket revenue.... but thats just a guess
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #124
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: AST (After Sean Taylor)-To gun or not to gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Well I can't answer for the radar ban but I know that the gun ban isn't doing any good (hell I didn't even know there was a gun ban) cause I have friends that have high-powered automatic weapons like Tech-9s, desert eagles and I know for sure they don't have a license for them. They aren't thugs or anything thank God, just gun nuts.

Although one of my friends who does own guns/rifles/automatics said that in her neighborhood which isn't too far from mine, that people in her neighborhood who own automatic weapons on the 4th of July and new years, go outside with their automatic weapons and shoot them in the air. Like idiots. :smashfrea

This is just an example of how its incredibly easy to pick up a gun from anyone for anyone. Thats why I think there needs to be tighter laws. So idiots can't get their hands on them.
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that people just go out and shoot off their automatic weapons in DC. Now if you lived in the middle of no where then maybe. These guns are very loud and the cops would be crawing all over the place after one went off. By the way bullets falling from the sky will not kill a person. Saw that on myth busters. I was very surprised at how slow they fell back to earth.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #125
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 31
Posts: 2,119
Re: AST (After Sean Taylor)-To gun or not to gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that people just go out and shoot off their automatic weapons in DC. Now if you lived in the middle of no where then maybe. These guns are very loud and the cops would be crawing all over the place after one went off. By the way bullets falling from the sky will not kill a person. Saw that on myth busters. I was very surprised at how slow they fell back to earth.
Absolutely incorrect.

While I can't speak for DC specifically, I was an officer in a police department with a metro population of about 650,000.

On New Years Eve we'd find ourselves a nice place to park with a roof (under a bridge or something) and stay there. Near the projects there was non-stop weapons fire for about an hour, with a number of automatics in the mix. We would've needed the National Guard to go in an investigate every last shots fired call, not to mention all the bogus ones for "legit fireworks."

The city sounded like Fallujah on New Years, and I'll be damned if me or any other poorly equipped street cop is going to run around on foot trying to find some dude with a full auto AK47.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.16538 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25