Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #31
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

John "10,000 Years In Iraq" McCain?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #32
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Just related to politics in general, the NY Times is really raising the bar in terms of media delivery for the elections this year.

One of their cooler apps is Naming Names. Mouse over a name and you'll see the frequency of how many candidates reference the selected candidate. They're all pretty much equal until you mouse over Clinton, and there's a firestorm of comments from EVERYone about her. Kind of makes you think everyone is concerned about her if everyone's talking that much. She's certainly Target #1 for both sides.

Also nice is the Election Guide which summarizes each candidates stance on various issues.

Also cool but maybe not as useful is the Candidate Schedule Tracker which charts visits to various spots in the country.

It's cool to finally see some useful tools on the web and watching the sites really push the technology. I wish the company I worked for were a little more cutting edge like the NY Times...oh well.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

I saw Hillary's crying moment the other day, and I am pretty sure she was method-acting. It makes me cringe to think about what sort of sick, perverted stuff she has to envision in her mind's eye to bring those tears forward. And the media all seem to have bought it. I thought they would have figured these people out by now.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #34
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 2,476
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Yeah... it was completely an act... but so is all of politics (at least presidential).

Say what you want, but... it looks like it worked. She won didn't she?
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #35
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 8,317
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Yeah... it was completely an act... but so is all of politics (at least presidential).

Say what you want, but... it looks like it worked. She won didn't she?
Polls revealed that she got the biggest bounce post-crying among older women. Whatever happened to hanging tough with the big boys?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Polls revealed that she got the biggest bounce post-crying among older women. Whatever happened to hanging tough with the big boys?

She breaks just like a little girl...
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

The Federal government is WAY too big, and incredibly inefficient. They do a better job at wasting money than they do at anything else. Ron Paul realizes this.

To begin fixing America's problems, we first need to fix our budget.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #38
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

He's not the ONLY one who realizes this, but he's definitely one of the most vocal.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #39
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 8,317
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
The Federal government is WAY too big, and incredibly inefficient. They do a better job at wasting money than they do at anything else. Ron Paul realizes this.

To begin fixing America's problems, we first need to fix our budget.
Besides platitudes (e.g., "the government is too big" and "I don't like the war") what does he stand for? Many of his ideas look interesting at first glance, but, upon closer examination, they are actually quite nuts.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #40
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,825
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Besides platitudes (e.g., "the government is too big" and "I don't like the war") what does he stand for? Many of his ideas look interesting at first glance, but, upon closer examination, they are actually quite nuts.
He was on CNN denouncing this newsletter excerpt. Desperate times calls for desperate measures?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Besides platitudes (e.g., "the government is too big" and "I don't like the war") what does he stand for? Many of his ideas look interesting at first glance, but, upon closer examination, they are actually quite nuts.
He stands for the constitution.

I believe the federal government is in need of some serious overhauling -- maybe even a revolution. He's the only candidate in my eyes who's not afraid of drastic change -- the kind of change we need.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #42
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 8,317
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
He stands for the constitution.

I believe the federal government is in need of some serious overhauling -- maybe even a revolution. He's the only candidate in my eyes who's not afraid of drastic change -- the kind of change we need.
What does "he stands for the Constitution" mean? I've heard him talk in platitudes that appeal to the masses, but he rarely talks about what his general philosophy will mean in terms of concrete change.

He has all but come out and explicitly said he'd like to get rid of all federal agencies except for the DoD and DoJ. So there goes the CIA and Department of Homeland Security. Does that mean that all intelligence activities taking place outside of the DoD cease to exist? Even though the CIA and DHS have serious flaws, he basically wants to throw out the baby with the bathwater. He wants to get rid of the IRS. That's nice, I hate paying taxes too, but I shudder to think what will happen to our economy when huge sectors of the workforce (e.g., tax preparers and tax attorneys) hit the unemployment line. He would get rid of the FAA. That's nice, I personally don't care if airline safety is totally unregulated. He would get rid of the SEC. That's also nice, who cares if corporations can solicit investments without adequate disclosure and thereby defraud investors.

Simple phrases like, "our government is too big," "taxes suck," "the war is bad," might resonate with a lot of people. I don't like big government, I don't like taxes, and I don't like war. But serious matters call for serious talk, not pscyho babble that reduces complex problems to one-liners.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #43
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
What does "he stands for the Constitution" mean? I've heard him talk in platitudes that appeal to the masses, but he rarely talks about what his general philosophy will mean in terms of concrete change.

He has all but come out and explicitly said he'd like to get rid of all federal agencies except for the DoD and DoJ. So there goes the CIA and Department of Homeland Security. Does that mean that all intelligence activities taking place outside of the DoD cease to exist? Even though the CIA and DHS have serious flaws, he basically wants to throw out the baby with the bathwater. He wants to get rid of the IRS. That's nice, I hate paying taxes too, but I shudder to think what will happen to our economy when huge sectors of the workforce (e.g., tax preparers and tax attorneys) hit the unemployment line. He would get rid of the FAA. That's nice, I personally don't care if airline safety is totally unregulated. He would get rid of the SEC. That's also nice, who cares if corporations can solicit investments without adequate disclosure and thereby defraud investors.

Simple phrases like, "our government is too big," "taxes suck," "the war is bad," might resonate with a lot of people. I don't like big government, I don't like taxes, and I don't like war. But serious matters call for serious talk, not pscyho babble that reduces complex problems to one-liners.
Damn, I don't think Tim Russert could have said it any better than you did!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #44
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #45
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: Interesting Ron Paul Newsletter Excerpts

Damn, I take back what I said. Sorry Sherriff, after watching Tim Russert make a fool out of Ron Paul, I think he (Russert) should keep his job.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28181 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25