Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Loose Change

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #226
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Are you 100% satisfied with the answers we've been given regarding 9/11?

Does the book on 9/11 deserve to be closed and never questioned?

If you think so more power to you. Personally I think there's more layers to peel back there.
It's good to peel back more layers. Problem is, sometimes you peel back a layer and the question doesn't get answered because not enough information is available. That's not a problem in and of itself, but when people start inferring the improbable and irrational to help them fill in the gaps created by lack of info, that's what leads to ridiculous conspiracy theories.

A lack of information does not necessarily mean, for example, that the government is covering things up. It could mean that 9/11 was a really chaotic day, with lots of government agencies scrambling to ensure the safety of the country, and with events taking place too quickly for all questions to get thoroughly vetted.

And I'm in no way saying you're guilty of filling in the gaps with the improbable and irrational. Asking the questions is good. Trying to answer them yourself without good information at hand is bad. In the end, it's OK to say "we just don't know."
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #227
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Loose Change

most of the questions that are raised can be put to rest with simple answers. why not give them to the people? it only adds fuel to the fire. to many inconsistencies, and to much silence create more inaccuracies. i think there is much more then the american government is letting us in on
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #228
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
most of the questions that are raised can be put to rest with simple answers. why not give them to the people? it only adds fuel to the fire. to many inconsistencies, and to much silence create more inaccuracies. i think there is much more then the american government is letting us in on
That assumes the government has the answers. How do you know that they do?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #229
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Loose Change

To me, 99.9% of the evidence tells me the plane went down on its own. Yes there is that .1%, but is that .1% significant enough to question the other 99.9%? To me, it's not.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #230
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Loose Change

Didn't I brilliantly answer the whole "Question Authority" issue back on page three?

Wait, "Question" "three" - It IS a conspiracy. See how the pieces fit neatly together?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #231
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That assumes the government has the answers. How do you know that they do?
i was always brought up where its alright to say you don't know, rather then make up something, or lie. that is definitely not the rule of thumb with this administration. to answer your question, i don't. but with all the money and resources available to them, if they really want answers, they can find them
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #232
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i was always brought up where its alright to say you don't know, rather then make up something, or lie. that is definitely not the rule of thumb with this administration. to answer your question, i don't. but with all the money and resources available to them, if they really want answers, they can find them
OK so now you're accusing the government of making something up, or lying, about 9/11? Can you be more specific?

Seems like there needs to be a basis for such an accusation.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #233
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
OK so now you're accusing the government of making something up, or lying, about 9/11? Can you be more specific?

Seems like there needs to be a basis for such an accusation.
I think he is saying that because the govt isnt giving a straight answer they are therefore hiding something.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #234
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
OK so now you're accusing the government of making something up, or lying, about 9/11? Can you be more specific?

Seems like there needs to be a basis for such an accusation.
slow down, big guy. i really don't know all the facts about 9-11, therefore i cannot make an accurate judgement on the real story. what im trying to say is our government has been known to lie before( see W.M.D and the ties between Iraq and Al Quada- sp?) so, in my eyes, its not below them to stretch truths. when people have the combination of power and money, then can pretty much accomplish anything they want to
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #235
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I think he is saying that because the govt isnt giving a straight answer they are therefore hiding something.
and this is part of the reason that people always think bad things have happened. we, as the american public, can handle most truths. just give it to us, plain and simple.
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #236
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,965
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
and this is part of the reason that people always think bad things have happened. we, as the american public, can handle most truths. just give it to us, plain and simple.
But it all depends on what you define as a "straight answer" I mean I think there are a lot of people who simply refuse to listen to the answers given because it doesn't jibe with their preconceived theories.

I mean if you already believe they are liars then why would you believe them if they even said the plane was shot down? Why wouldn't you think they're lying about that then?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #237
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Loose Change

For all you skeptics - Would you want to see God if that meant you had to believe in Jesus, the devil and all the angels?

Deep thoughts pal. Deep thoughts.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #238
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
For all you skeptics - Would you want to see God if that meant you had to believe in Jesus, the devil and all the angels?

Deep thoughts pal. Deep thoughts.
yablabliblibli...

__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #239
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,360
Re: Loose Change

Wow....Look WTF I started. I SOMEHOW got jsarno and Schneed into it over a gambling system and now it's come BACK to the "Loose Change" topic?

Wow. Would it be safe to say I MAY have started a thread that, if for nothing else, was entertaining? lol I feel bad because my contribution was the canvas for Warpath on Warpath crime.....
__________________
The redskins pocket is like my love life.....nonexistent and disappointing. -OnceWeWereKings
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #240
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 31
Posts: 2,119
Re: Loose Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The reason jsarno won't fully discuss his system publicly is because he's not confident enough in it himself to go out and make a living by using it.

Simple logic:

Per jsarno, the system works over the long haul. You may lose battles, but you'll win wars.

Therefore, over the long haul, there is no risk. You will win in the long term.

So if there's no risk, why not quit the job you were complaining about a few months ago when considering moving to Denver, and just use your system in Vegas to get extraordinarily rich, and retire to do whatever floats your boat?

There's a reason people spend the time writing a book about these things. It's easier to dupe uneducated morons into believing in gambling systems than it is to get one to actually work, in the long haul, by yourself.

In my opinion, writing a book on the matter, trying to convince people it works, is unethical (unless you really are dumb enough to ignore the laws of statistics and actually buy into it, but given that you have an MBA you have been through stat classes, so either you flunked that class or you're just flat out unethical). That's why I'm so critical of you. What you're doing with the book is flat out wrong.
Precisely.

Furthermore, if it works so well and is as highly tuned and predictable as you say, how come you've only pulled in $13,000 in four years? That's a measly $3,250/year. If the system is that foolproof, why aren't you working it seven days a week and raking in the cash?

What's seems far more likely is that you have a moderate understanding of the game and probably just know when to quit when you're ahead. Anyone with the self-control and discipline to quit while they're ahead and cut their losses could amass $3,250/year.

EDIT: So apparently the topics in this thread change faster than I post. I apologize for my alarming lack of relevance.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29328 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25