Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Anyone else going to pick this up for the Wii next week?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I would like too. Last Sunday I stood in line from 5:30 am to 10 am to get the Wii. It was 27 degrees!!!! I am hooked on Mario Galaxy right now.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I would like too. Last Sunday I stood in line from 5:30 am to 10 am to get the Wii. It was 27 degrees!!!! I am hooked on Mario Galaxy right now.

yeah that game is fun but I have been a super smash bros fanatic since the original one, Captian Falcon I love that guy.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Isn't Capt. falcon from the Sky Fox series?
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Isn't Capt. falcon from the Sky Fox series?

no he is from the F-zero series
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

can't wait to play this saturday night even though I'm having a tough time deciding which character I wanna use, but best of luck to those who didn't reserve it at the multiple retailers cuz unless u know someone who works retail, get out there at the ass crack of dawn on sunday, u have it reserved @ Best Buy, Circuit City, Gamestop, etc. , or u go to a store that sells reserve copies to walk ins, which unfortunately happens a lot and is why people can actually find games a majority of the time, it might be a little while before you find it. the Japanese launch saw over 80% of the country's entire stock of the game sold in only 4 days and Nintendo's products are ALWAYS tightly allocated @ first. I know all of our 200+ copies are all reserved.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

This still surprise me that games sell out. Seriously I went to three different retail stores by my house doing stuff with the wife every store had multiply copies.

If you ever have trouble getting a game go to Blockbuster I bet you they will have it for sale.


So did anyone get it??????
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I got it and it is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
The Starter
 
Warpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,762
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Whats the attraction to this game? I have a Wii and Im just not sure what the attraction is. Its a fighter game with all the characters? That it?
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #10
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Whats the attraction to this game? I have a Wii and Im just not sure what the attraction is. Its a fighter game with all the characters? That it?
its a fighting game with a plethra of characters from multiple games
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This still surprise me that games sell out. Seriously I went to three different retail stores by my house doing stuff with the wife every store had multiply copies.

If you ever have trouble getting a game go to Blockbuster I bet you they will have it for sale.


So did anyone get it??????
well I know for a fact some companies that take your money to reserve a copy and guarantee u one, also then turn around and sell 2/5 or so of the copies people reserved and that's what normally results in those copies you find. cuz reserves/demand equals more copies of the game/supply and a lot of people don't get that aspect of it atleast with video games and movies. i don't really care what others do cuz if they can't find something that doesn't bother me because I'll have my copy as I reserve and pay off my movies and games a little bit off of each paycheck. through my retail expiriences with a few different companies, I've come to realize there are 3 main types of shoppers: ones that love the thrill of the hunt, ones that just like to be extremely rude and tell you they can always find something somewhere thanks to others providing that supply and the companies selling those "guranteed" products despite numerous times they've come in looking for that new thing and you've already sold out, and then you have the customers that actually listen to the person paid to inform the customer and for the most part genuinely make life easier for said customer. sorry about that

as for the game, it is fun a hell especially if you are going to be playing with others either offline or online.

hey earthquake, who do you mainly use? I'm mainly an Ike or Meta-Knight user.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Whats the attraction to this game? I have a Wii and Im just not sure what the attraction is. Its a fighter game with all the characters? That it?
it's kinda like one of those questions like who would win in a fight between Mario and Link brought to a video game format.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #13
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Do you use the Wiimote for it, or a standard controller?
Wii Fanboy poll: Best way to play Brawl? - Nintendo Wii Fanboy
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #14
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
well I know for a fact some companies that take your money to reserve a copy and guarantee u one, also then turn around and sell 2/5 or so of the copies people reserved and that's what normally results in those copies you find. cuz reserves/demand equals more copies of the game/supply and a lot of people don't get that aspect of it atleast with video games and movies. i don't really care what others do cuz if they can't find something that doesn't bother me because I'll have my copy as I reserve and pay off my movies and games a little bit off of each paycheck. through my retail expiriences with a few different companies, I've come to realize there are 3 main types of shoppers: ones that love the thrill of the hunt, ones that just like to be extremely rude and tell you they can always find something somewhere thanks to others providing that supply and the companies selling those "guranteed" products despite numerous times they've come in looking for that new thing and you've already sold out, and then you have the customers that actually listen to the person paid to inform the customer and for the most part genuinely make life easier for said customer. sorry about that

as for the game, it is fun a hell especially if you are going to be playing with others either offline or online.

hey earthquake, who do you mainly use? I'm mainly an Ike or Meta-Knight user.

Dude chill, some day you won't work in a video game store.


The best way to buy games is half.com or used on amazon. Just stay a little behind the wave of new and you will save tons of money. For example I am playing SMB Galaxy right now picked it up on half for $25 plus shipping (half the price) couple weeks ago. When Iam done with that game I will start looking for used SSBM.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #15
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
well I know for a fact some companies that take your money to reserve a copy and guarantee u one, also then turn around and sell 2/5 or so of the copies people reserved and that's what normally results in those copies you find. cuz reserves/demand equals more copies of the game/supply and a lot of people don't get that aspect of it atleast with video games and movies. i don't really care what others do cuz if they can't find something that doesn't bother me because I'll have my copy as I reserve and pay off my movies and games a little bit off of each paycheck. through my retail expiriences with a few different companies, I've come to realize there are 3 main types of shoppers: ones that love the thrill of the hunt, ones that just like to be extremely rude and tell you they can always find something somewhere thanks to others providing that supply and the companies selling those "guranteed" products despite numerous times they've come in looking for that new thing and you've already sold out, and then you have the customers that actually listen to the person paid to inform the customer and for the most part genuinely make life easier for said customer. sorry about that

as for the game, it is fun a hell especially if you are going to be playing with others either offline or online.

hey earthquake, who do you mainly use? I'm mainly an Ike or Meta-Knight user.
If you live in a little town where 3 places sell them, they stock up on them, and they are never out of stock. I can walk down to Hastings right now and pick up a Wii. They had a couple the other day when I went to buy Guitar Hero 3. When Madden comes out, I don't need to reserve a thing, I show up, I buy it. It's not common for things to be out of stock in these small towns. When you live in a city, everyone is fighting over everything. That part of the city life, I do not miss.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.45839 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25