Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #46
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 8,317
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
For those against the boo birds, what would be your expected reaction towards a President who's approval ratings are in the toilet? Should he be cheered or should people just sit in silence?
I hate to compare Dubya to Gibbs, but how did you feel about the fans booing the Redskins/Gibbs in 2004 and 2006 when the team was tanking?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #47
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

It's not like they pulled a classless act like the Phily fans and threw batteries or anything...they booed...and last I checked, that is thier right to do so. They PAID to go to this game.
Hey, we all know I am a Bush follower and would argue to the death with a democrat about his tenure, but what are we complaining about here? People booing? Seriously? They have every right to boo, and guess what, it's really no big deal.
As the President of the most powerful country in the world, you need to have extremely thick skin...I'm sure he expected it.

Now if they chanted F.U. or something...then I could see the uproar.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #48
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

So because he's there promoting baseball he should be given a pass? If he was booed at a charity event I could understand, but he's at a game where cheering and booing is common place.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #49
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I hate to compare Dubya to Gibbs, but how did you feel about the fans booing the Redskins/Gibbs in 2004 and 2006 when the team was tanking?
I didn't like to see it only because I'm a huge fan of his but it certainly wasn't unexpected or not deserved. Even Gibbs would say that he wasn't doing a good job and probably deserved it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #50
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that people don't understand WHY the President was there, but the problem is that a bunch of simpletons don't want to make the distinction.

Should I be against/show disrespect for President Clinton's efforts to help raise money for rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina because I feel that he made a few boneheaded moves while he was the president? Why would this event with GW Bush be any different?
I don't live in the area, nor did I watch sportscenter on this, but I am unsure as to WHY he was there other than to throw out the first pitch. Please enlighten me if I am incorrect.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #51
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Of course not, why would I? It wasn't their decision to go to war.
Hmmm, how to phrase.......
I would not boo the troops, regardless of the action involved in.
I would not disrespect the Vietnam memorial.
I would not desecrate a memorial to Martin Luther King.
I would not boo the President.
Etc.
Because of the greater things they represent. How do you seperate the man from the institution? The troops from the action?
Etc.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #52
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So because he's there promoting baseball he should be given a pass? If he was booed at a charity event I could understand, but he's at a game where cheering and booing is common place.
Correct. People should give him a pass. That would be the unbiased, correct, intelligent move, even for those who hate his politics.

When the president comes out for his State of the Union address, the Democrats, for the most part, show a great deal of respect for him. That's in a venue where politics are relevant.

A baseball stadium is a place where politics are irrelevant. Therefore, if you are booing the guy throwing out the first pitch, you are basically telling him that you hate him as a person regardless of politics. If this is true, then I believe that they should boo, but I'm also left wondering what makes GW Bush a horrible man.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #53
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

I'm not going to bother getting into a discussion that involves what the difference is between being against the war and against the troops. To me there is a very clear difference and if you can't see it sorry I can't help you and it's a pointless debate to me.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #54
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So because he's there promoting baseball he should be given a pass? If he was booed at a charity event I could understand, but he's at a game where cheering and booing is common place.

So if we saw him at the zoo, we could throw shit at him.

JK, JK, JK.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #55
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Correct. People should give him a pass. That would be the unbiased, correct, intelligent move, even for those who hate his politics.

When the president comes out for his State of the Union address, the Democrats, for the most part, show a great deal of respect for him. That's in a venue where politics are relevant.

A baseball stadium is a place where politics are irrelevant. Therefore, if you are booing the guy throwing out the first pitch, you are basically telling him that you hate him as a person regardless of politics. If this is true, then I believe that they should boo, but I'm also left wondering what makes GW Bush a horrible man.
I couldn't disagree more.

This is where I will respectfully bow out of the discussion. And this is why I typically avoid threads of a political nature.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #56
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
So if we saw him at the zoo, we could throw shit at him.

JK, JK, JK.
If you're a monkey, sure why not?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #57
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Hmmm, how to phrase.......
I would not boo the troops, regardless of the action involved in.
I would not disrespect the Vietnam memorial.
I would not desecrate a memorial to Martin Luther King.
I would not boo the President.
Etc.
Because of the greater things they represent. How do you seperate the man from the institution? The troops from the action?
Etc.
Because even some of the troops do not want to be there. Many of them do not believe in the cause, just like the population back home. But they are bound by oath and contract to do as the President says, so they do.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #58
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'm not going to bother getting into a discussion that involves what the difference is between being against the war and against the troops. To me there is a very clear difference and if you can't see it sorry I can't help you and it's a pointless debate to me.
How do YOU seperate the troops from the action?
"your doing a great job. Really proud of you. Thanx for all you do. BTW, everything you have done in Iraq is bogus, un-called for, illegal, murdeous????"
As you pointed out, it is an all volunteer army
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #59
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I couldn't disagree more.

This is where I will respectfully bow out of the discussion. And this is why I typically avoid threads of a political nature.
Fair enough, we can agree to disagree on this one.

The final point remains that--these people were booing Bush NOT because he made a few bad decisions, but BECAUSE he is George W. Bush. If they saw him on the street 30 years from now, they would still hate him, and would probably not even be able to remember why.

That is why I call them simpletons. They lack the mental capacity to distinguish between people and the decisions they make.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #60
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,938
Re: GW Bush booed at Nationals' opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Any reaction ranging from polite recognition to total apathy in the situation would have been acceptable in my opinion. To boo violently shows a total misunderstanding of the situation, and may be a sign that people can no longer just let politics be politics.
Where did you get this from? Did you actually see this happen on TV?
I was there and I can tell you that there were just as many people cheering for him as there were booing. There weren't too many people foaming at the mouth or burning effigies of Bush.

And politics are NEVER irrelevant in DC.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30945 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25