Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Let's talk microbrews

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #271
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Grabbed a sixer of Starr Hill Northern Lights IPA for the game. Such delicious stuff. Any DC area folks around here ever go to Magruder's on Connecticut Ave just south of Chevy Chase Circle? Spectacular beer (and wine) selection.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #272
Impact Rookie
 
BringBackJoeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Van Ness, Washington D.C.
Posts: 595
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Grabbed a sixer of Starr Hill Northern Lights IPA for the game. Such delicious stuff. Any DC area folks around here ever go to Magruder's on Connecticut Ave just south of Chevy Chase Circle? Spectacular beer (and wine) selection.
I think I actually told you a couple of years ago that your tip about Magruder's is how I became a beer shopper there. The liquor store just a few doors down also has a good selection and lets you make your own six packs, but Magruder's still has a superior collection. Thanks again.

I grabbed the Founder's Breakfast Stout this past weekend. First time I've had it. Pours out like motor oil and doesn't leave much of a head at all. Quite the hearty beer. I've only recently gotten into stouts, and this was excellent. I've read in multiple places that Rogue's Shakespeare Stout is at the top of the stout class, but I haven't tried it yet, because I've generally been disappointed by other Rogue beers. Also had the Bells Kalamazoo stout recently. Lighter than the Founder's but still very good. Would appreciate suggestions.
__________________
Super Trouper lights are gonna find me. Shining like the sun. Smiling having fun. Feeling like a number one.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #273
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,813
Re: Let's talk microbrews

In the spirit of the chance encouters with sports figures thread, I met Dick Leinenkugel when I was at the PX in Quantico on Friday doing a Leiny's beer sampling. He came in with his honchos and talked to servicemen and helped me out with the sampling for about an hour. Really nice guy to talk to and knows his beers. I had one of Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest beers about a month ago (before I went on my diet/workout routine) at a private sampling and it's really good for a traditional Marzen lager.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #274
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,075
Re: Let's talk microbrews

I really havent enjoyed a whole lot by New Belgium Brewery, but the Ranger IPA is a solid beer. Nothing outstanding buy solid.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #275
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,535
Re: Let's talk microbrews

I'm contemplating going for a 3rd celebration ale, either that or a Guinness. Or I could just go to the liquor cabinet for some bourbon. Decisions.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #276
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,075
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm contemplating going for a 3rd celebration ale, either that or a Guinness. Or I could just go to the liquor cabinet for some bourbon. Decisions.
Went with a Heavy Seas, Loose Cannon IPA. I gave a look to the gentleman Jack, too lazy to mess with ice right now
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #277
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,535
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Went with a Heavy Seas, Loose Cannon IPA. I gave a look to the gentleman Jack, too lazy to mess with ice right now
Nice, I had some heavy seas in my beer club last year.

I found a lone saranac pumpkin ale hiding in the back of the fridge.

I've never tried gentleman jack, good stuff?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #278
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,075
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Nice, I had some heavy seas in my beer club last year.

I found a lone saranac pumpkin ale hiding in the back of the fridge.

I've never tried gentleman jack, good stuff?
Gentleman Jack is just twice mellowed regular Jack Daniels, its really good. My taste on bourbon has changed in the last couple years, I tend now to really enjoy dry as opposed to sweeter bourbon. Gentleman Jack is my fav, always liked Makers as well.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #279
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,535
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gentleman Jack is just twice mellowed regular Jack Daniels, its really good. My taste on bourbon has changed in the last couple years, I tend now to really enjoy dry as opposed to sweeter bourbon. Gentleman Jack is my fav, always liked Makers as well.
I'm big on makers and knob creek, I'll have to give GJ a try.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop

Last edited by Mattyk; 12-08-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #280
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,075
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm big on makers and knob creek, I'll have to give GJ a try.
very high on Knob Creek, 9 year age is good. Makers, Gentleman, Knob Creek all around the same price too, I usually look to see whats on sale and grab it. I gotta good friend who really enjoys Basil Hayden whiskey which has a almost "peppery" finish...its different, i mix that in every now and then
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #281
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I really havent enjoyed a whole lot by New Belgium Brewery, but the Ranger IPA is a solid beer. Nothing outstanding buy solid.
i really like everything i have had from new belgium, especially the seasonals. the winter one is pretty strong, it's called snow day.

Snow Day Winter Ale - New Belgium Brewing - Fort Collins, CO - BeerAdvocate

i was also in york pa last weekend and had a troeg's mad elf, their winter seasonal, and it was pretty damn good. i only had one but the waitress informed us upon ordering it you can only have 2 per visit since it is 11%. i'm definitley going to track down some more of this stuff this weekend.

Tröegs Mad Elf - Tröegs Brewing Company - Hershey, PA - BeerAdvocate
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #282
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Let's talk microbrews

how do you guys do your bourbon? straight on the rocks or do you splash some ginger or coke on it? ever since getting into craft beers my bourbon intake has gone down considerably, but i always prefer mine on the rocks with a splash of ginger. might have to have some tonight since my wifes best friend stayed the night last night and was here when i got home from work today and will be here all day tomorrow and probably sunday too. and the kicker is tomorrow is the first saturday where i don't have anything to do in probably 3 months
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #283
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,075
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
how do you guys do your bourbon? straight on the rocks or do you splash some ginger or coke on it? ever since getting into craft beers my bourbon intake has gone down considerably, but i always prefer mine on the rocks with a splash of ginger. might have to have some tonight since my wifes best friend stayed the night last night and was here when i got home from work today and will be here all day tomorrow and probably sunday too. and the kicker is tomorrow is the first saturday where i don't have anything to do in probably 3 months
2 shots on ice with ginger ale. I dont drink anything straight unless for some reason im drinking Jonnie Walker red or black, then its on just on ice. Beam and coke was my drink when i younger, but coke is way to sweet now.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #284
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,075
Re: Let's talk microbrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i really like everything i have had from new belgium, especially the seasonals. the winter one is pretty strong, it's called snow day.

Snow Day Winter Ale - New Belgium Brewing - Fort Collins, CO - BeerAdvocate

i was also in york pa last weekend and had a troeg's mad elf, their winter seasonal, and it was pretty damn good. i only had one but the waitress informed us upon ordering it you can only have 2 per visit since it is 11%. i'm definitley going to track down some more of this stuff this weekend.

Tröegs Mad Elf - Tröegs Brewing Company - Hershey, PA - BeerAdvocate

didnt know New Belgium was brewed in Colorado. Colorado is really has top notch breweries.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #285
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Let's talk microbrews

well that was weird...posted in wrong thread somehow

Last edited by FRPLG; 12-10-2011 at 12:19 AM.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31832 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25