Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


BitterGate

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #61
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I agree with this. Where did you hear about these negotiations?
I first heard about the talks several months ago on one of those Sunday morning news shows. Since then, I've read about it numerous times. Sorry I didn't post a link.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #62
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I first heard about the talks several months ago on one of those Sunday morning news shows. Since then, I've read about it numerous times. Sorry I didn't post a link.

Didn't El President say in his recent speech that the greatest threat America faces is Al-Qaeda and Iran? I guess he still wants to pound sand.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #63
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Didn't El President say in his recent speech that the greatest threat America faces is Al-Qaeda and Iran? I guess he still wants to pound sand.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did so and I don't see the point in making those kinds of statements. Then again, Iran is not sitting quietly singing America's praises.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #64
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: BitterGate

If the president did not realize that Iran is a threat to this country then we have a problem. I think its the Dem's that keep jumping on this band wagon that everytime Iran is mentioned they make it seem that Bush is going to start bombing any minute. Maybe we could go back to the 90's and do nothing when people attack the world trade center our ships, embassies (spelling) etc...
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #65
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: BitterGate

you add up all those bombings, and you still don't have the death toll that we have in Iraq. sometimes its better to sacrifice a couple of hundred American heroes, so millions more can be safe. and no, im not saying its OK to lose any Americans. but the numbers WERE in our favor. and what about North Korea? to me, they are probably the biggest threat. with a nut as a ruler. what about communistic China? billions of soldiers, armed with all the latest technology. all kinds of human rights infringements, and killings going on. is that OK? why was it strictly Iraq? any guesses?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #66
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If the president did not realize that Iran is a threat to this country then we have a problem. I think its the Dem's that keep jumping on this band wagon that everytime Iran is mentioned they make it seem that Bush is going to start bombing any minute. Maybe we could go back to the 90's and do nothing when people attack the world trade center our ships, embassies (spelling) etc...
He is using the same lingo he used before we invaded Iraq and I have no faith to believe he is not going to open another war front. As for the 90's, terrible times they were, because of the 90's we are where we are today. Do I have it right?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #67
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: BitterGate

dmek25 please explain this statement of yours.

you add up all those bombings, and you still don't have the death toll that we have in Iraq. sometimes its better to sacrifice a couple of hundred American heroes, so millions more can be safe. and no, im not saying its OK to lose any Americans. but the numbers WERE in our favor.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #68
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: BitterGate

It so funny how, no matter the subject matter of any political thread, it always comes full circle to Iraq and Bush. Just an observation.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #69
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
is this a case of someone like Fox making a issue where there really isn't? i still see this as a non issue. and it is really funny to hear someone like a 72 year old John McCain saying someone else is out of touch. that man hasn't a clue on every day problems us real Americans face. now, show him a war, or conflict, and that's right up his alley
I like how you have to point out his age to say he is out of touch. Hmmm
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #70
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I first heard about the talks several months ago on one of those Sunday morning news shows. Since then, I've read about it numerous times. Sorry I didn't post a link.
I think the Iranians can be dealt with but it requires diplomacy of the highest order. I wouldn't trust the State Depatment with it. They would have to believe that the person they are dealing with represents the highest authority. If they suspect for one second that they are dealing with a State Department so and so, then it's a waste of time. They want to be respected. They are not Arab and they have shown an affinity fo reason in the past. The real problem is their out and out hostility towards Jews. No diplomatic advances will be possible until they climb down from the idea that they can attain a Jew-free Palestine. Arabs have shown no willingness to do so, but I think Persians could be persuaded under the right circumstances.

This was the great failure of the neo-cons. The failure to seize the opportunity to drive a wedge between the Arabs and the Iranians. Nixon would have seen it immediately. He would have had a love fest (albeit extremely awkward) with Khameni. Unfortunately, there are no mulligans in foreign relations and Nixon is dead.

Fictional Nixon and Helms
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #71
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I first heard about the talks several months ago on one of those Sunday morning news shows. Since then, I've read about it numerous times. Sorry I didn't post a link.
Does anyone else find this somewhat ironic given the pounding Obama took for making the same suggestion?
Obama's Foreign-Policy Pledge Sparks Criticism From Rivals - WSJ.com

Two points:
1. Everyone (dems and Rs) pounded Obama - this is not a shot at just Bush.
2. I realize Obama's comments were far more sweeping, and involved "no-concession" open doors to a number of countries we have no relationship with right now.

I'm not an Obama supporter (or foe), but I found this interesting.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #72
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
Does anyone else find this somewhat ironic given the pounding Obama took for making the same suggestion?
Obama's Foreign-Policy Pledge Sparks Criticism From Rivals - WSJ.com

Two points:
1. Everyone (dems and Rs) pounded Obama - this is not a shot at just Bush.
2. I realize Obama's comments were far more sweeping, and involved "no-concession" open doors to a number of countries we have no relationship with right now.

I'm not an Obama supporter (or foe), but I found this interesting.
The problem I have with Obama and I could be off on this but I feel that he thinks that we could all just become friends. Well some groups, countries, etc.. do not want to be our friends and if we let our guard down they will pounce on us. They want us dead. Say what you want about Bush and how he has handled things but on 9/11 he realized that we are at war against certain groups and has done everything he feels he needs to do to protect us against another attack. I'm not saying I agree with everything he has done but who ever is in office needs to realize that not everyone wants to be our friends and would perfer if we where dead. When we forget this is when they will hit us again. We have to get it right 100% of the time and they just need to get it right once.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #73
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The problem I have with Obama and I could be off on this but I feel that he thinks that we could all just become friends. Well some groups, countries, etc.. do not want to be our friends and if we let our guard down they will pounce on us. They want us dead. Say what you want about Bush and how he has handled things but on 9/11 he realized that we are at war against certain groups and has done everything he feels he needs to do to protect us against another attack. I'm not saying I agree with everything he has done but who ever is in office needs to realize that not everyone wants to be our friends and would perfer if we where dead. When we forget this is when they will hit us again. We have to get it right 100% of the time and they just need to get it right once.
You are off because how could we ever possibly become friends if we don't talk? The real question I have is do we want to become friends people we don't like and are we trying to build a bridge?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #74
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The problem I have with Obama and I could be off on this but I feel that he thinks that we could all just become friends. Well some groups, countries, etc.. do not want to be our friends and if we let our guard down they will pounce on us. They want us dead. Say what you want about Bush and how he has handled things but on 9/11 he realized that we are at war against certain groups and has done everything he feels he needs to do to protect us against another attack. I'm not saying I agree with everything he has done but who ever is in office needs to realize that not everyone wants to be our friends and would perfer if we where dead. When we forget this is when they will hit us again. We have to get it right 100% of the time and they just need to get it right once.
I don't think Obama believes we can or should be friends with other rogue leaders, but rather negotiations with the US shouldn't be something that's seen as a privilege or earned. I think that's where he's coming from.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #75
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: BitterGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I don't think Obama believes we can or should be friends with other rogue leaders, but rather negotiations with the US shouldn't be something that's seen as a privilege or earned. I think that's where he's coming from.
He could be and I don't have a bproblem with us talking to Chinia, Iran and other nations like that because I do not feel they would attack us. Iran knows we could wipe them off the earth and China knows we could defeat them but we bothe would take a blood bath. Its these crazy people which I fear the Democrats in general just do not see as the threat. Maybe it is just politics but they have faught Bush on just about everything he has done and also exposed stuff that they were doing which has made it tougher to fight them.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.50879 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25