Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Are you bitter?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #31
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 1,444
Re: Are you bitter?

I can't believe there's this much drama over a birthday. When you get to be my age, you're more bitter about people reminding you that you're having one.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #32
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,975
Re: Are you bitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
I can't believe there's this much drama over a birthday. When you get to be my age, you're more bitter about people reminding you that you're having one.
So would you say there's not much drama in the LBC?

(Lady Brave's Crib)
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 AM   #33
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Are you bitter?

I am bitter about many things but the thing that I am most bitter about is the 16 seasons without a Super Bowl appearance. Maybe (team wise) I was spoiled as a child. That does not change my position now however.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #34
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 1,444
Re: Are you bitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
So would you say there's not much drama in the LBC?

(Lady Brave's Crib)
Ok, I totally had to Google that reference.

Actually, I love drama. I live for it. The theatrical kind, not the personal kind.

I find the great thing about people forgetting dates that are important to you is that it totally lets you off the hook when it comes to buying gifts for them when their special day rolls around. It's awesome, because I seriously hate shopping.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #35
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Are you bitter?

It may surprise some to hear it, but I'd have to say I'm not bitter about anything. I get grouchy pretty often (sorry guys, hope ya still love me) but I also get over things pretty quickly.

I remember one time I hung onto some resentment for a while, when this total douchebag at work took full credit for something he and I worked on together. He didn't get promoted but I know he got props by the high-ups for that stuff. Eventually though I decided to let it go and instead focus my energy on trying to do other good work that would earn me the props. That attitude was much more productive than staying bitter, so I ended up earning my own props and it all worked out fine.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #36
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Are you bitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
Ok, I totally had to Google that reference.

Actually, I love drama. I live for it. The theatrical kind, not the personal kind.

I find the great thing about people forgetting dates that are important to you is that it totally lets you off the hook when it comes to buying gifts for them when their special day rolls around. It's awesome, because I seriously hate shopping.
AMEN! It's the bane of my existence.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #37
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Are you bitter?

Hey guys,

Just got a chance to read all the advice and the advice is good.

Schneed got it right when he said that she does get frustrated when she thinks I don't stand up for her. For ME, I think the reason I don't stand up for one reason or the other is that I feel like if YOU have a problem, then YOU need to deal with it, not put someone in the middle of their spouse and their family.

Basically, the way it goes is that people basically know my wife is a little extra-sensitive on a lot of things and in most cases, I'll take her side even when she's wrong EXCEPT when it comes to family. When it comes to family, I DO MIND creating friction. If it's just a co-worker or friend of her's, I don't give a crap. But when it comes to her family or my family in particular, I refuse to start crap because she's sensitive.

For those who were wondering, I did call my dad and was like, "You know it was Nicole's birthday a couple weeks ago right?" and he kind of studdered considering I NEVER even semi-call him out and he just went right on past it because normally our conversations consist of Skins news and light stuff. I think he truly forgot, because I have a step mom and two half-brothers and basically she is so up their ass that why would they remember my wife's birthday when they can be busy spoiling those two? I could tell my dad was definitely feeling guilty, so for me at least I let him know and I told my wife that I mentioned that to him she seemed happy with me.

NOW, I think the situation is settled and I'll probably remind him early next year, BUT if she holds on to the grudge too long (especially since he's taking two days of his life to come install hardwood floors for us in a week) then SHE'LL be the one getting called out.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:30 AM   #38
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Are you bitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Hey guys,

Just got a chance to read all the advice and the advice is good.

Schneed got it right when he said that she does get frustrated when she thinks I don't stand up for her. For ME, I think the reason I don't stand up for one reason or the other is that I feel like if YOU have a problem, then YOU need to deal with it, not put someone in the middle of their spouse and their family.

Basically, the way it goes is that people basically know my wife is a little extra-sensitive on a lot of things and in most cases, I'll take her side even when she's wrong EXCEPT when it comes to family. When it comes to family, I DO MIND creating friction. If it's just a co-worker or friend of her's, I don't give a crap. But when it comes to her family or my family in particular, I refuse to start crap because she's sensitive.

For those who were wondering, I did call my dad and was like, "You know it was Nicole's birthday a couple weeks ago right?" and he kind of studdered considering I NEVER even semi-call him out and he just went right on past it because normally our conversations consist of Skins news and light stuff. I think he truly forgot, because I have a step mom and two half-brothers and basically she is so up their ass that why would they remember my wife's birthday when they can be busy spoiling those two? I could tell my dad was definitely feeling guilty, so for me at least I let him know and I told my wife that I mentioned that to him she seemed happy with me.

NOW, I think the situation is settled and I'll probably remind him early next year, BUT if she holds on to the grudge too long (especially since he's taking two days of his life to come install hardwood floors for us in a week) then SHE'LL be the one getting called out.
Sounds like a good resolution. Glad to hear it worked out well. Gotta love the Warpath, advice comes in droves whether solicited or not! Hopefully it wasn't unwanted.

I'm bitter that Britney Spears didn't take care of herself.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #39
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Are you bitter?

I am bitter I got an 80 on a test when the avg was 88 wtf. I think the professor f'ed up on my grading.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #40
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Are you bitter?

As stated in another thread I am bitter about Arsenal throwing away their chances to win the Premier League.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #41
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Are you bitter?

Right now i'm bitter that i paid $160 for MLB Extra Innings not to be in HD...Come on Major League Baseball#@!@#@#!!!!! What's the problem???
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Are you bitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Right now i'm bitter that i paid $160 for MLB Extra Innings not to be in HD...Come on Major League Baseball#@!@#@#!!!!! What's the problem???
If it's the same as the Sunday Ticket you have to add SuperFan in order to have the games in HD. And of course that comes with an extra charge. Call them up and complain and they might throw it your way for free.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Are you bitter?

In light of TMC's issue, this seemed particularly relevant:
How to Become an Ass | Newsweek Books | Newsweek.com
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26232 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25