Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Reputation system: stay or go

Parking Lot


View Poll Results: Reputation system: stay or go
Stay 33 60.00%
Go 22 40.00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #31
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,194
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

I got neg. rep points for having my location say inside your girlfriend LOL and the guy called me fat it was a trumatic experience LOL
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #32
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,728
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

I think the rep system is actually pretty good. It discourages flaming and as others have alluded to it makes people focus on quality rather then quanity when it comes to posting. As with the flaming I'll argue that the guys over at ES, who don't have a rep system, flame a lot. Of course the mods don't stop the guys over there from creating pointless threads, and as expected people get annoyed so I guess a rep system isn't really the saving grace, but then again maybe it prevents people from being dicks over here for no good reason.

I also like how the people who give rep points remain anonymous since the whole point of a rep system is to reward people, not reward yourself. I mean sometimes you can tell, but very rarely have I ever rewarded someone with rep just because they gave me a few points.

And I mean it's not like it prevents people from disagreeing on points and debating, in fact the only time I've seen people get bad rep points is when they come in and say or do something that is so utterly stupid that it's just beyond reasoning.

So I say keep the rep system, I mean it's not the most important thing but I believe it does it's part in keeping the peace around here.

Edit: Another good thing about the system is that so far I've only seen one or two people asking for rep points, which is a miracle compared to other places with the same system.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:35 AM   #33
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,728
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I got neg. rep points for having my location say inside your girlfriend LOL and the guy called me fat it was a trumatic experience LOL
I'm willing to bet that your girlfriend was the one who gave you those neg rep points.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 AM   #34
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,194
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I'm willing to bet that your girlfriend was the one who gave you those neg rep points.
nope it was 4musumc or however u spell his name
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 AM   #35
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post
Personally, I think it's underused. I say this because I only have two green rectangles, and I crap gold.
Its true what the genius says. He has crapped gold. Human nature will never allow him to get his due because he avoids controversy and is not perceived as a power player so no one kisses up to him.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #36
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

I say get rid of it because it will never be used properly. However, if there are those who wish to keep it, then give the rep power solely to the mods. That way retaliation is prevented when 2 people get into a disagreement. If an opinionated moderator is in a heated discussion (not solely referring to Matty), then he or she can not dish out negative rep to the antagonist. It would have to be a Mod not participating in the discussion and the negative rep must be warranted.

This way all rep is dealt out fairly from the visionaries and moderators of the board. Isn't that part of a moderator’s job anyway?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #37
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,384
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Because we are having to deal with threads to defend or condemn it, to often, I think it has become a distraction
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #38
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I say get rid of it because it will never be used properly. However, if there are those who wish to keep it, then give the rep power solely to the mods. That way retaliation is prevented when 2 people get into a disagreement. If an opinionated moderator is in a heated discussion (not solely referring to Matty), then he or she can not dish out negative rep to the antagonist. It would have to be a Mod not participating in the discussion and the negative rep must be warranted.

This way all rep is dealt out fairly from the visionaries and moderators of the board. Isn't that part of a moderator’s job anyway?
I agree -that's probably the best scenario. It's also gives the mods power to discipline smaller offenses without threatening a suspension or ban.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #39
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

I also don't get the "You must spread reputation around" thing. I tried to give him +rep for that post I quoted, and it won't let me. What's the deal with that?
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I agree -that's probably the best scenario. It's also gives the mods power to discipline smaller offenses without threatening a suspension or ban.
Well we have the infraction system for that too.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #41
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,615
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Because we are having to deal with threads to defend or condemn it, to often, I think it has become a distraction
That's what I was thinking as well.
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #42
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well we have the infraction system for that too.
OK - I don't know what that is. If it does the trick, then ditch the negatives entirely.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #43
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,728
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I say get rid of it because it will never be used properly. However, if there are those who wish to keep it, then give the rep power solely to the mods. That way retaliation is prevented when 2 people get into a disagreement. If an opinionated moderator is in a heated discussion (not solely referring to Matty), then he or she can not dish out negative rep to the antagonist. It would have to be a Mod not participating in the discussion and the negative rep must be warranted.

This way all rep is dealt out fairly from the visionaries and moderators of the board. Isn't that part of a moderator’s job anyway?
I disagree. If the Mods become the only one with rep power, then this place will become brown nose central. Retaliation is rare, and usually the people that retaliate against people that give them negative rep for doing something stupid don't really have a whole lot of rep power to begin with, so if one of them does give you negative rep you're only out like 1 or 2 points. Plus there will probably be about 10 other people to give negative rep to the person starting shit. The most recent example I can think of is

Quote:
Originally Posted by offfiss View Post
I wish the Skins had a TE the calibur of Shockey. The guy backs up his loud mouth.
I doubt I was the only one that gave Offiss negative rep on this baseless argument, but I have never given negative rep to someone for disagreeing with me.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

The rep system will stay for now with one modification. Now, nobody can see who rep came from. Previously premium members could see who left them rep. Now it's going to be anonymous for all. I think people got too caught up with who was leaving them negative rep and that cause people to retaliate.

I'd rather not leave rep in the hands of the mods alone. We already get accused of enough stupid shit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #45
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Reputation system: stay or go

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I got neg. rep points for having my location say inside your girlfriend LOL and the guy called me fat it was a trumatic experience LOL

i got negative rep points for saying i was ok with fassel being head coach...lol
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30211 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25