Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F... the dentist

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #16
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,855
Re: F... the dentist

I started going to the dentist regularly again last year, after having not gone in 10 years.....no lie.

I had always taken good care of my teeth, never had any cavities, and my mouth was always ok. But i knew too much time had gone by, and i wanted to avoid tooth loss or gum disease.

I hated the dentist as a kid, because it hurt...they were so rough on the cleanings, and it was just generally horrible.

10 years later and things are sooo different. They gave me a topical gel that numbed my gums for the cleaning, and they use a water pick type thing to scrape off tartar instead of that awful digging thing.

Just last October i got a new crown on my front tooth to replace one that i got 10 years before from an auto accident. It's like i have new front teeth that perfectly match and everything is wonderful. It made me feel so much better about myself.

Not everyone's stories are good, but i was happy when i went again. Now i have nothing to worry about any more.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #17
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
She shot me up twice. No way I could have gone with nothing. She said it was a deep filling, it's still sensitive even now a few weeks later.
Not sure why but having mine drilled without novocain has never really hurt. My dentist is from the old school and never over books his office. I don't think I have ever waited more then 5 min. and he does not do the rush you in and out thing. That was my old dentist which was hot but that was the only positive she had.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #18
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
here's my dentist horror story: I'm stationed in Iceland in '99. I have 4 wisdom teeth with the roots hooked under that I had to have removed. So i get strapped into the chair and THEN the dentist informs me that there is no novacaine, there's a shortage or something, no clue really. So I get to sit in that chair with this d-bag's foot practically on my chest listening to to him snap each tooth into small enough pieces to pull out. Honestly, it was the worst pain I've ever felt for the first 5-6 minutes, and then I don't remember it hurting all that bad afterward. They gave me the percocet prescription from hell and I went home looking like I had gotten hit in the face with a Buick.

I had all four of mine taken out with Novocaine; not put under but when you said about the snapping noise that will stay with me forever, weirdest sound ever, funny story behind it as well here it goes:

So I go to the oral surgeon first appointment of the day next to me is a special needs boy, retarded for lack of a better term. I was talking to him and his mom in the waiting room and come to find he is getting his out the same way, he is allergic to being put under or it was a high risk some shit. I was not going under cause it cost way more to do it that way. They bring us back and he is in the room next to me. I hear the dentist go in his room and explain to him in a really slow voice that he is going to hear things like rice krispes "snap krackel pop". I was like that is a cute way of telling him. Next the dentist comes in my room and does the same "snap krackel pop" story, I am thinking the whole time I most look like retarded to this guy.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I started going to the dentist regularly again last year, after having not gone in 10 years.....no lie.
I went about 12 years. Now that I go regularly I look back and see how dumb that was. I might complain about going but it's really not a big deal and the benefits outweigh the negatives.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #20
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I went about 12 years. Now that I go regularly I look back and see how dumb that was. I might complain about going but it's really not a big deal and the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Very true! Plus gum disease can lead to a whole lot of other issues.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,303
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
here's my dentist horror story: I'm stationed in Iceland in '99. I have 4 wisdom teeth with the roots hooked under that I had to have removed. So i get strapped into the chair and THEN the dentist informs me that there is no novacaine, there's a shortage or something, no clue really. So I get to sit in that chair with this d-bag's foot practically on my chest listening to to him snap each tooth into small enough pieces to pull out. Honestly, it was the worst pain I've ever felt for the first 5-6 minutes, and then I don't remember it hurting all that bad afterward. They gave me the percocet prescription from hell and I went home looking like I had gotten hit in the face with a Buick.
The USAF tried that crap with me in '89. The folks I went to see in out-proceesing said I had to get my wisdom teeth out and they weren't going to put me out, even though I had no problems with them. Fortunately I was stateside at Ft. Meade and my childhood dentist was in Bethesda. My dentist told me that the bottom two were impacted and there's no way I would stay conscious from the pain. I told the USAF folks they weren't touching my teeth and I'd sign whatever waiver was needed or I'd go up the chain on them. Needless to say they "didn't need a waiver" and I kept my wisdom teeth.

Eventually had them out about 4-5 years ago and went out for it.
__________________
mackfootball.com _____ BET SMART!
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,468
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
The USAF tried that crap with me in '89. The folks I went to see in out-proceesing said I had to get my wisdom teeth out and they weren't going to put me out, even though I had no problems with them. Fortunately I was stateside at Ft. Meade and my childhood dentist was in Bethesda. My dentist told me that the bottom two were impacted and there's no way I would stay conscious from the pain. I told the USAF folks they weren't touching my teeth and I'd sign whatever waiver was needed or I'd go up the chain on them. Needless to say they "didn't need a waiver" and I kept my wisdom teeth.

Eventually had them out about 4-5 years ago and went out for it.
I spent a year at Ft. Meade at the Defense Information School. What a great time that was...
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: F... the dentist

Going back at 3 this afternoon to get my crown put on. No fun but this part is fairly painless and quick.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
im the opposite. i love going. to me, there is nothing like the feel of your teeth, right after they have been cleaned. that, and i have only ever had 1 cavity in my entire life

I love going too. That super clean feeling is sweet, plus i got 2 smoking hot girls at my place that clean my teeth.

I had to go about 2 weeks ago because my bite was messed up. I was given the choice of breaking my entire jaw and realigning it correctly or shaving my teeth down on one side. I went with the shaving, and although that visit sucks my bite is 1000x times better then what I had been dealing with and worth it.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,152
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I love going too. That super clean feeling is sweet, plus i got 2 smoking hot girls at my place that clean my teeth.

I had to go about 2 weeks ago because my bite was messed up. I was given the choice of breaking my entire jaw and realigning it correctly or shaving my teeth down on one side. I went with the shaving, and although that visit sucks my bite is 1000x times better then what I had been dealing with and worth it.
do u still brush your teeth right before you go out, you used to brush then start chuggin beers back in the days, thats f-ing gross

i don't mind the dentist but haven't been in right around 13 years or so. i'm going in the next few weeks though for a cleaning and whiting for our wedding i really need to start going again, almost a decade w/o health insurance now and working construction the majority of those years. i have had a pretty solid run, knock on wood, hopefully in the next couple months i'll be on a plan w my fiancee/wife
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: F... the dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
do u still brush your teeth right before you go out, you used to brush then start chuggin beers back in the days, thats f-ing gross

i don't mind the dentist but haven't been in right around 13 years or so. i'm going in the next few weeks though for a cleaning and whiting for our wedding i really need to start going again, almost a decade w/o health insurance now and working construction the majority of those years. i have had a pretty solid run, knock on wood, hopefully in the next couple months i'll be on a plan w my fiancee/wife
I cant stand it when my mouth feels unclean. Burshing my teeth is probably the only thing i look foward to when my alarm goes off. I brush my teeth before i take a piss some days. I cant eat until i brush my teeth and i find cugging beers espicially refreshing when i got a minty mouth to go with it.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25384 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25