Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Isn't that the mindset that will ultimately bring the Democrats together in November? The party may have been divided between Hillary and Obama, but they'll be united by their opposition to a common opponent. If your (the proverbial your) candidate (Hillary) didn't get nominated, then you've already been reduced to choosing between a lesser of two evils.

Surely any sane democrat, as stauchly as they may have supported Hillary, will realize that Obama is easily the lesser of two evils in a race with McCain.
You'd hope. But isn't it funny how a large portion of polled Hillary supporters said they would either vote for McCain or not vote at all if Obama got the nomination? They emulate their candidate. Vindictive to a fault.

I'm so happy she's done. Saden's rant about the Clinton's couldn't be more dead on. I CAN'T STAND them. Just the sight of Hillary's fake smile makes me ill. Their hypocritical smear tactics, dirty politicking and divisive campaign are finally over with. And even if she gets picked as the VP, I'm sure Obama's camp will put a lid on most of her shit.

Speaking of Obama's camp, their was a great article in Newsweek a few weeks ago about how he's running his campaign and his advisors. It was called The O Team. Sit Back, Relax, Get Ready to Rumble | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
Personally, I've had enough demagoguery, no matter which side deploys it.
Here here.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #18
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You'd hope. But isn't it funny how a large portion of polled Hillary supporters said they would either vote for McCain or not vote at all if Obama got the nomination? They emulate their candidate. Vindictive to a fault.

I'm so happy she's done. Saden's rant about the Clinton's couldn't be more dead on. I CAN'T STAND them. Just the sight of Hillary's fake smile makes me ill. Their hypocritical smear tactics, dirty politicking and divisive campaign are finally over with. And even if she gets picked as the VP, I'm sure Obama's camp will put a lid on most of her shit.

Speaking of Obama's camp, their was a great article in Newsweek a few weeks ago about how he's running his campaign and his advisors. It was called The O Team. Sit Back, Relax, Get Ready to Rumble | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com
People will always say anything when they are "bitter". Seriously though I agree with Schneed; the Dems will come to their senses and unite.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:08 PM   #19
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,433
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You'd hope. But isn't it funny how a large portion of polled Hillary supporters said they would either vote for McCain or not vote at all if Obama got the nomination? They emulate their candidate. Vindictive to a fault.

I'm so happy she's done. Saden's rant about the Clinton's couldn't be more dead on. I CAN'T STAND them. Just the sight of Hillary's fake smile makes me ill. Their hypocritical smear tactics, dirty politicking and divisive campaign are finally over with. And even if she gets picked as the VP, I'm sure Obama's camp will put a lid on most of her shit.

Speaking of Obama's camp, their was a great article in Newsweek a few weeks ago about how he's running his campaign and his advisors. It was called The O Team. Sit Back, Relax, Get Ready to Rumble | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com
I never understood that logic at all. Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

I've got to be honest, i'm a little wary of the Obama movement. I'm not committed either way, feel like I'm pretty open minded but I've got to admit that I'm not very optimistic about either candidate. They each have their pros and cons but in the end, the person in the oval office is only a fraction of the overriding problem: The legislative and executive branches are filled with corruption.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
As long as anyone who votes for McCain is willing to explain to parents of dead American soldiers why they support a guy who extends the war in Iraq for no tangible reason and will accept the responsibility for the blood on their hands. In essence, if you vote for McCain, and ONE more soldier dies, you have blood on your hands. Sleep tight.
If anyone knows the affects of war its McCain. We are there and most Dems & Reps agree that we have to finish the job before just pulling out. If you want to talk about a possable blood bath just look back to Cambodia and what happened we pulled out of there. I guess you also feel that a vote for McCain is a vote against starving children, poor people, more polution, for global warming etc...
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
Classic

Ha! I remember seeing that. Remarkable. The right to vote should be like the right to drive. You should pass some sort of test to show you're not oblivious before you earn the right to vote.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Ha! I remember seeing that. Remarkable. The right to vote should be like the right to drive. You should pass some sort of test to show you're not oblivious before you earn the right to vote.
I have thought that myself at times (especially after seeing something like that clip), but then I remind myself that qualifications for voting have always operated to disenfranchise the least powerful in society. That is, those for whom the franchise is especially important.

Reading the Fine Print: The Grandfather Clause in Louisiana
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.

Last edited by SC Skins Fan; 06-04-2008 at 06:08 PM.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #24
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
"Beware the Terrible Simplifiers"

Personally, I've had enough demagoguery, no matter which side deploys it.
Thank you sir.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
As long as anyone who votes for McCain is willing to explain to parents of dead American soldiers why they support a guy who extends the war in Iraq for no tangible reason and will accept the responsibility for the blood on their hands. In essence, if you vote for McCain, and ONE more soldier dies, you have blood on your hands. Sleep tight.
I've got no problem to make the case for staying in Iraq until the country is stabilized as a democracy. If we leave too early it will either turn into an Iranian puppet state, or be a bigger problem than Afghanistan after the Soviets were defeated. If you know your history, we didn't make the necessary investments to educate and rebuild Afghanistan and bring it into the 20th century, hence the Taliban, Bin Laden and 911.

There were plenty of Democrats who supported going into Iraq in the first place. You should also read the 911 Report. Not only were human rights violations rampant, but Saddam had enough Sarin to kill over 500K people. Probably wouldn't want that released by a terrorist in the NY or DC subway system at rush hour. He had connections with terrorist groups to include the Taliban. He was also working to rebuild his nuclear program as soon as he could get around the UN sanctions. Oh, almost forgot the sanctions and countless UN Resolutions that were violated. Also the 30+ countires that went into Iraq with us.

And isn't it terrorists, primarily funded by Iran and other state-sponsors of terrorism, that are killing U.S. soldiers and Iraqi citizens? Shouldn't we be focusing our anger on them and not the Bush Administration?

We also have an all-volunteer military, no one is forced to enlist.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #26
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,057
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I've got no problem to make the case for staying in Iraq until the country is stabilized as a democracy. If we leave too early it will either turn into an Iranian puppet state, or be a bigger problem than Afghanistan after the Soviets were defeated. If you know your history, we didn't make the necessary investments to educate and rebuild Afghanistan and bring it into the 20th century, hence the Taliban, Bin Laden and 911.

There were plenty of Democrats who supported going into Iraq in the first place. You should also read the 911 Report. Not only were human rights violations rampant, but Saddam had enough Sarin to kill over 500K people. Probably wouldn't want that released by a terrorist in the NY or DC subway system at rush hour. He had connections with terrorist groups to include the Taliban. He was also working to rebuild his nuclear program as soon as he could get around the UN sanctions. Oh, almost forgot the sanctions and countless UN Resolutions that were violated. Also the 30+ countires that went into Iraq with us.

And isn't it terrorists, primarily funded by Iran and other state-sponsors of terrorism, that are killing U.S. soldiers and Iraqi citizens? Shouldn't we be focusing our anger on them and not the Bush Administration?

We also have an all-volunteer military, no one is forced to enlist.
You can't be serious. Are you claiming you actually read 9-11 Commission Report?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You can't be serious. Are you claiming you actually read 9-11 Commission Report?
Who hasn't. A little light reading never hurt anyone.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You can't be serious. Are you claiming you actually read 9-11 Commission Report?
Not cover to cover, but I do own it and have read several parts of it. As FRPLG said, " a little light reading never hurt anyone." That's what the off-season is for...and posting in the Parking Lot. LOL
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You can't be serious. Are you claiming you actually read 9-11 Commission Report?
I did. When it first came out. Had to for work.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You

Last edited by SmootSmack; 06-04-2008 at 11:28 PM.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I did. When it first came out. Had to for work.
Why? That sounds like a kick ass job.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30248 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25