Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #31
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,147
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

ok at 3 i will post my review but mrredskins it is worth the 60 or trade in a couple of old games and get it for like 30 or so
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Gamespot, who I generally believe to be the most reliable source of reviews, gave it a 75, which is pretty mediocre (NCAA Football 09 for Xbox 360 Review - Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Review). Given that you are essentially spending 60 dollars just to get a football fix until Madden comes out, I think I am going to skip this year's offering. Just sounds like a lot of the same frustrating things haven't been taken care of and the more time goes by the harder time I have pretending they aren't there.

Still very optimistic about Madden this year, however, which really sounds excellent.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #33
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Gamespot, who I generally believe to be the most reliable source of reviews, gave it a 75, which is pretty mediocre (NCAA Football 09 for Xbox 360 Review - Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Review). Given that you are essentially spending 60 dollars just to get a football fix until Madden comes out, I think I am going to skip this year's offering. Just sounds like a lot of the same frustrating things haven't been taken care of and the more time goes by the harder time I have pretending they aren't there.

Still very optimistic about Madden this year, however, which really sounds excellent.
Two words for Madden '09: online leagues!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #34
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,147
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

NCAA has online leagues also
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
NCAA has online leagues also
Yeah, the title of the thread kind of gave that away

Quake where is your review?
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #36
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,147
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Yeah, the title of the thread kind of gave that away

Quake where is your review?
i have been busy 2day i will do it tomorrow
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #37
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,741
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

ESPN Page 2 - Hruby: Sports video game blues

this is a good article on video sports games! MAde me laugh!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Some good points in that article, games certainly are far from perfect.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #39
Special Teams
 
PFunk26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Grafton, WI
Age: 34
Posts: 355
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Any Xbox 360 people buy NCAA and wanna start a dynasty?
__________________
'I don’t care what it takes, we’re not leaving here without another ring.’ ”
PFunk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #40
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Wow, the internet is ablaze with accusations that this game sucks the big bubkus. Ncaa Football 09: NCAA Football 09 Has a Shitload of Problems

According to this, sliders don't work. When you adjust human sliders it makes the same adjustments to the computer team, totally defeating the purpose of having them. Supersim doesn't work correctly either, and on-line dynasty is severely flawed.

What's worse is that a lot of these might not be patchable.

Really a shame, and a slap in the face of the fans who continue to make this series so profitable.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #41
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 42
Posts: 960
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Count me in:

Slickindc: Tennessee Volunteers
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Wow, the internet is ablaze with accusations that this game sucks the big bubkus. Ncaa Football 09: NCAA Football 09 Has a Shitload of Problems

According to this, sliders don't work. When you adjust human sliders it makes the same adjustments to the computer team, totally defeating the purpose of having them. Supersim doesn't work correctly either, and on-line dynasty is severely flawed.

What's worse is that a lot of these might not be patchable.

Really a shame, and a slap in the face of the fans who continue to make this series so profitable.
EA needs some competition
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
EA needs some competition
Yeah, any economics student will tell you that a lack of competition is bad for consumers of bread or toothpaste or whatever. Well, it sure has been for consumers of football video games.

I wonder how much of NCAA's continued problems can be attributed to the early, rigid release date. It seems like the greatest games are often delayed, since it takes a long time to work out bugs. NCAA and Madden arrive on time every year, but always seem to have some issues that baffle you as to how they made it into the final game.

Anyway, I'm glad I passed on this one. I'm feeling nervous about having pre-ordered Madden though.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #44
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

i can take anyone in this shit
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #45
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: NCAA Football 2009 online dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Yeah, any economics student will tell you that a lack of competition is bad for consumers of bread or toothpaste or whatever. Well, it sure has been for consumers of football video games.

I wonder how much of NCAA's continued problems can be attributed to the early, rigid release date. It seems like the greatest games are often delayed, since it takes a long time to work out bugs. NCAA and Madden arrive on time every year, but always seem to have some issues that baffle you as to how they made it into the final game.

Anyway, I'm glad I passed on this one. I'm feeling nervous about having pre-ordered Madden though.
Yeah too bad it's so buggy. I usually buy it and play it until Madden comes out then I trade it in. Not this year though. Let's hope EA has their shit together when it comes to Madden.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26641 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25