Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #61
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,473
Re: Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
See, you were making some sense and then you blew it with the highlighted segment. Now I'll have to verify if anything you actually wrote is credible...I'm feeling kinda lazy right now so I'm going to assume it's not and write you off as an idiot.
The " idiots " are the people who base their opinions on emotion , not facts .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #62
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,473
Smile Re: Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
But isn't following your own advise showing that you really believe in what your saying and/or doing?
Yes . Al just wants to take credit for the changes taking place now , as spending on alternative energy has gone from 20 billion a year when he left office to 130 billion now . 20 years from now he will claim to have discovered Natural gas and invented solar energy . I honestly hope we just do what is going to get us off of importing oil from the middle east . If I ever win the lottery , I will buy the Warpath a Natural Gas powered bus and drive us to all the home games ,,,, as long as I can have a few cold beers
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #63
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
Re: Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Yes . Al just wants to take credit for the changes taking place now , as spending on alternative energy has gone from 20 billion a year when he left office to 130 billion now . 20 years from now he will claim to have discovered Natural gas and invented solar energy . I honestly hope we just do what is going to get us off of importing oil from the middle east . If I ever win the lottery , I will buy the Warpath a Natural Gas powered bus and drive us to all the home games ,,,, as long as I can have a few cold beers
You can drink the beers after I get home safely.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #64
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
The " idiots " are the people who base their opinions on emotion , not facts .
It would be wise to follow your own edict... then again i doubt you see the irony of your own proclamation. Sad really.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #65
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Excellent link, thanks. I had no idea! (about Bush's house that is)

I do find it odd that some people don't think we should question Gore. To me, he's the kind of person that is the problem. We as "the little people" are making strides to go more green (with or without his message) and he is not making an effort at all. If we can't put him into question, who can we??? I don't know about where you guys live, but I am seeing more and more motorcycles, and scooters around here as well as a TON of hybrids. The message is being heard loud and clear by millions upon millions of americans. SO maybe it's time to question the so called leaders of "green". Maybe then we'll actually have a greener america.

I do find it even more upsetting that Gore actually seemed to rip off the idea. Is that all this guy does is try to take credit for others ideas???

On a side note, my wife and I are looking at building a house, so any "green" suggestions (minus geo thermal heating / cooling, and solar panels) would be appreciated. I'd like to go as green as possible, but due to the fact that I have an older house, I really don't know everything that could be done. (within reason).
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #66
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,716
Re: Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
What are you thinking? Gore should follow his own advise and go more green. He has done his part by asking the goverment to do its part and for all Americans to do their part so why should he have to lead by example? Him just saying what we should do is good enough. Forget that he is flying around in his gas sucking private jet from one place to the next spreeding the word to go green or sitting around in his home which burns all that energy.
RELAX..............Gore is out right now, feverishly shopping for a solar conversion kit for ...........one of his jets......DAMMIT, where did I park the Hummer?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #67
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

i cant take it anymore. you guys that will make excuses for anything that our president does, make me chuckle. this venom and hatred of Bush started back in 1992, when the republican party declared war on then president, Bill Clinton. you guys feverishly attacked him on everything from foreign policy, to how much he paid for a hair cut. you spewed down right nastiness towards any decisions he made, right or wrong. and now you guys don't like it, now that the tables are turned. well, as much as i don't like it, you had better get used to it. i guess its known as the new politics?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #68
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Al Gore lays down green challenge to America

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i cant take it anymore. you guys that will make excuses for anything that our president does, make me chuckle. this venom and hatred of Bush started back in 1992, when the republican party declared war on then president, Bill Clinton. you guys feverishly attacked him on everything from foreign policy, to how much he paid for a hair cut. you spewed down right nastiness towards any decisions he made, right or wrong. and now you guys don't like it, now that the tables are turned. well, as much as i don't like it, you had better get used to it. i guess its known as the new politics?
cause we were all on this site in 1992??????
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20537 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25