Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #16
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 559
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I think Biden has always been a good guy with respect to democratic issues and I believe Obama and Biden share core principles. I really like the pick though Biden is irreplaceable in the senate.
ONLY if the Obama/Biden ticket win in November would that be true.
__________________
Put'n bodies in motion, cuz I got the notion.
Fresh for 88' you suckaz.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #17
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,397
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Not particularly impressed by the pick. It's a nice safe pick. I understand the Outsider/Insider argument but don't think Biden adds much to Obama's electability. He's from the same Ivory Tower/Intellectual elitist school as Obama.

Before I get flamed: Nothing wrong with being intelligent or well-educated, I am just suggesting that this does nothing to enlarge his base and only emphasizes the very traits that alienated him within his own party. In fact, by picking such an obvious insider it can't help but detract from his primary message.

In general not a big fan of Biden, but that's just b/c I disagree with his politics.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #18
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Not particularly impressed by the pick. It's a nice safe pick. I understand the Outsider/Insider argument but don't think Biden adds much to Obama's electability. He's from the same Ivory Tower/Intellectual elitist school as Obama.

Before I get flamed: Nothing wrong with being intelligent or well-educated, I am just suggesting that this does nothing to enlarge his base and only emphasizes the very traits that alienated him within his own party. In fact, by picking such an obvious insider it can't help but detract from his primary message.

In general not a big fan of Biden, but that's just b/c I disagree with his politics.
Especially coming off dubya
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #19
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,825
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Not particularly impressed by the pick. It's a nice safe pick. I understand the Outsider/Insider argument but don't think Biden adds much to Obama's electability. He's from the same Ivory Tower/Intellectual elitist school as Obama.

Before I get flamed: Nothing wrong with being intelligent or well-educated, I am just suggesting that this does nothing to enlarge his base and only emphasizes the very traits that alienated him within his own party. In fact, by picking such an obvious insider it can't help but detract from his primary message.

In general not a big fan of Biden, but that's just b/c I disagree with his politics.
I thought I heard that this choice may help Obama in blue-collar states/towns due to the fact Biden grew up and has ties to Scranton PA and supports blue-collar issues?

I could be mistaken..
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #20
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,397
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Since my post, I've read the same thing. He is apparently in with Labor and trial lawyers.

I dunno. Something tells me he is going to be more harmful than helpful.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:14 AM   #21
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

I think this pick can go either way. Either really good or really bad. I doubt seriously he is going to end up being a below the radar forgotten candidate.

The question is though, does this represent a bit of a shift in BO's approach? The "hope/change" campaign was starting to stall out a little bit as people actually started to wonder if this guy with an intersting message but dubious qualifications could actually do the job. I think we may see a more directed approach and less of the vague "hope/change" message that ahs gotten him to this point. If that is the case then I am very impressed with his abilities to read the political winds and capitilize. If he goes about spouting about change and so forth with any great effort then he'll end up looking like a dope...the "change" guy who nominated an old crusty white guy who is essentially the democrat version of the guy he is running aganist. The same guy who represents the same old same old....but only if he's a Republican. Otherwise old crusty white guys are OK.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #22
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

I like the pick. Regardless of whom Obama would have chosen, there would have been risk, some downside, and critism. Had it been Hilary, it would have been you can't trust her. Had it been Kaine, it would have been too much inexperience on one ticket. And so on.

Some argue his message of change has been undercut by picking Biden, but Obama is running for President not Joe Biden. And at the end of the day, people make there voting decisions based on whose on top of the ticket, not the bottom.

If anything, this gives Obama some foreign policy coverage between now and November if or when another international conflict arises. In other words, Joe Biden provides a layer of comfort for those voters who are either a tad leary of Obama's experience or still don't know him.

From top to bottom I think it's a very solid pick.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #23
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Off topic for a second, a) where the hell have you been and b) you need to reduce the font of your sig. It takes away from your posts.
Been working this half this summer and was overseas for a month. I was without football for 4 weeks and it was terrible.I should be getting more time to the check the warpath now though.

And yeah I just did, I also need a new sig. Probably will do that in the days to come.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #24
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Especially coming off dubya
he still makes quite a bit of speech errors, about 3-5 that I noticed yesterday. No way it's as bad as Bush, but I kinda see it as a weakness, especially due to the fact he is kinda old. One time he was referring to the current administration and he said Bush-McCain instead of Cheney.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #25
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
he still makes quite a bit of speech errors, about 3-5 that I noticed yesterday. No way it's as bad as Bush, but I kinda see it as a weakness, especially due to the fact he is kinda old. One time he was referring to the current administration and he said Bush-McCain instead of Cheney.
I doubt that's was in error.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #26
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I doubt that's was in error.
I think it was because he said something to the effect of "we are sick and tired of the last 8 years of Bush-McCain". That's just what I thought I heard, definitely could be wrong.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #27
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I think it was because he said something to the effect of "we are sick and tired of the last 8 years of Bush-McCain". That's just what I thought I heard, definitely could be wrong.
It's not, they want to impregnate voter's minds with the notion that Bush and McCain are one in the same. That McCain is as much part of the Bush administration as Dick...4 more years of Bush...Bush's third term.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #28
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,504
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Not particularly impressed by the pick. It's a nice safe pick. I understand the Outsider/Insider argument but don't think Biden adds much to Obama's electability. He's from the same Ivory Tower/Intellectual elitist school as Obama.

Before I get flamed: Nothing wrong with being intelligent or well-educated, I am just suggesting that this does nothing to enlarge his base and only emphasizes the very traits that alienated him within his own party. In fact, by picking such an obvious insider it can't help but detract from his primary message.

In general not a big fan of Biden, but that's just b/c I disagree with his politics.
i don't think this is true, but it makes me chuckle. if im picking a doctor, or lawyer, don't i want the best? if im looking for anyone in elected office, don't i want the best? isn't that what the term "elite" means? why wouldn't i want the "best" in the president? or since this administration, have we lowered our standards so much, that just any old person will due?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
vaoutlaws2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Age: 41
Posts: 806
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

a good safe pick for obama...foreign policy experience is something he really lacks and biden gives him that to some extent. Mccain is really going to have to really pick a good running mate. Here's food for thought....not to sound like a racist or a feminist...but if i am mccain i approach condoleeza rice to be my running mate. you gotta shake things up once in a while and naming rice as his running mate would shock the world.
__________________
The future is obviously right now!
vaoutlaws2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,158
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

i don't think rice is very good at anything besides being a mouthpiece.

powell would be better, but he got burnt last time :/.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28662 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25