Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 AM   #61
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Or at least spell rose petals
Thank you for your assistance.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2008, 01:52 AM   #62
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Dog, I'm not you and I ain't Fox News. If you got issues with the Democrats spit the out. Don't expect me to wave the confederate flag and pretend to like anything about the Republican party just so you lot can feel good about your "anit-anything-and-everything" party. BTW where does my ignorance lie? Guns, greed, gays and god (4G's as matty)?

p.s. I applogies for finding the Republican party disgusting, I can not help myself. Perhaps if I wasn't so ignorant I would be able to smell the rose peddels.
dick cheney has a gay daughter right? so i guess he can't be a republican now can he?

you ignorance lies in how you talk about this vague republican "thing" as if it's f'ing satan and all that's wrong with everything, even though there a lot of republicans that aren't what you say they are.

i mean, i somehow doubt the republicans in chicago have any use for a confederate flag.

this ignorance is the mindless droning on about how evil a certain affiliation is with a blatant disregard to facts. you're speaking in absolutes, using strawmen, going over the top and reverting to name calling and some sort of gotcha game befitting a 12 year old.

i mean, you've got nothing but love for the dems, who apparently can do no wrong, and nothing but mindless consuming hate for a label that's not nearly as inclusive as you think.

as for greed, dems have plenty of pork barrel spending, vote to raise their salaries, and some conservative dems do vote for tax cuts for themselves, so i guess their also insanely greedy bastards too. and since you're a dem, i'll throw you in with them, since that seems to be the cool thing to do.

so, yeah, stop being so selfish and greedy :P

see why that doesn't work?
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:07 AM   #63
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So what do you think about Biden fighting to make it tougher for individuals to go bankrupt (which was pushed hard by credit card companies) while his son was doing some kind of consulting for them (to the tune of over $500,000).
No one wants fuckups to be able to declare bankruptcy just because...their cost is passed down to me, well, not me per se because I'm a baller, but your average consumer. The question you got to ask though is what are the changes and are they good?

As for his son getting paid, I won't make excuse for him, clearly Biden should have recursed himself from any role in crafting the bill.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:14 AM   #64
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

as for where i stand - both candidates suck, cause neither one is showing real leadership (cause that's not what gets you elected - pandering and playing gotcha games does apparently).

the biggest issue is reforming social security and medicare before they bankrupt the country... that whole 35 trillion in unfunded obligations doesn't sit well with me.

galveston and japan's health care system offer the best examples i've heard of as far as viable cost efficient alternatives... and both have decades of use to prove their effectiveness.

sane nuclear policy - the ability to reuse material (instead of using 1%, maybe use all 99% :P ) along with new pebble bed reactors (clean, safe, cannot meltdown).

funding the recent breakthrough in battery research to get it to market NOW, since it's MUCH more eco friendly and efficient than our VERY old school lead-acid variants...

those two things alone could eventually kill all need for oil and coal, though solar/wind/geothermal/wave power is also fairly cheap.

education i'm not really sure on... the college system seems to be working, since soo many foreigners come here to study, and i've encountered no issues as far as military discrimination (quite the opposite in fact, since the service pays the school directly, i've gotten steep discounts and free books, as well as flexible timetables and 60 credits for my job training alone).

I went to high school in fairfax county and didn't really see it as terrible in any way... though i wouldn't mind pilot programs for crash course vocational training (room + board provided + school provided "students" progress) to lower unemployment. the training can shift according to local/national needs and the tab can be picked up by the company when they hire you (for a multi year contract). - where i'm from, there's just not enough skilled labor (contracting - ie deck building, etc etc)

i could go on, but i've actually looked into it a bit and it sucks that the answers to put the economy back on the up and up are sitting right there, proven, and everyone's too afraid of mentioning them (and scaring people) to make it happen.

so how's that for vague "anti-everything"?

btw, no issues with gays, greed, guns, or god here.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:26 AM   #65
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
as for where i stand - both candidates suck, cause neither one is showing real leadership (cause that's not what gets you elected - pandering and playing gotcha games does apparently).
This has got to be one of the very worst run Campaigns on both sides in recent memory, if ever.

I mean, you have Obama playing the race card on himself, trying to propose tax hikes on big oil, as well as the upper and middle classes. You have McCain who doesn't seem to be very interested in defending himself against the "Bush's third term" crap, suggesting a gas tax holiday as an economic breakthrough, and really making no clear attempt at all to balance the budget.

One of these guys is going to be running the country. I predicted that we would see a president worse than Bush in the near future, but I didn't think that day could possibly come this soon.

My vote is totally up for grabs right now. First guy to suggest an idea that might work gets it. Because right now, both campaigns are out there, just trying to prove they are the lesser of the two evils, and that should inspire confidence in exactly no one.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:41 AM   #66
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
This has got to be one of the very worst run Campaigns on both sides in recent memory, if ever.

I mean, you have Obama playing the race card on himself, trying to propose tax hikes on big oil, as well as the upper and middle classes. You have McCain who doesn't seem to be very interested in defending himself against the "Bush's third term" crap, suggesting a gas tax holiday as an economic breakthrough, and really making no clear attempt at all to balance the budget.

One of these guys is going to be running the country. I predicted that we would see a president worse than Bush in the near future, but I didn't think that day could possibly come this soon.

My vote is totally up for grabs right now. First guy to suggest an idea that might work gets it. Because right now, both campaigns are out there, just trying to prove they are the lesser of the two evils, and that should inspire confidence in exactly no one.
Huh? I actually disagree with a couple of things you said, but that's neither here nor there. But one of the worst run campaigns ever?

Are you confusing your disagreements with their respective policy positions with the execution, sheer effectiveness, and organizational strength of the operations? Because I can tell you whether you like him or not, agree with his positions or not, Obama has run a phenomenal campaign.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #67
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,617
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
dick cheney has a gay daughter right? so i guess he can't be a republican now can he?

you ignorance lies in how you talk about this vague republican "thing" as if it's f'ing satan and all that's wrong with everything, even though there a lot of republicans that aren't what you say they are.

i mean, i somehow doubt the republicans in chicago have any use for a confederate flag.

this ignorance is the mindless droning on about how evil a certain affiliation is with a blatant disregard to facts. you're speaking in absolutes, using strawmen, going over the top and reverting to name calling and some sort of gotcha game befitting a 12 year old.

i mean, you've got nothing but love for the dems, who apparently can do no wrong, and nothing but mindless consuming hate for a label that's not nearly as inclusive as you think.

as for greed, dems have plenty of pork barrel spending, vote to raise their salaries, and some conservative dems do vote for tax cuts for themselves, so i guess their also insanely greedy bastards too. and since you're a dem, i'll throw you in with them, since that seems to be the cool thing to do.

so, yeah, stop being so selfish and greedy :P

see why that doesn't work?
I agree with you on the first four paragraphs. I don't know though that saden is a Democrat though. I can't say for sure, but I seem to have remember him having some choice words for that party a few months back. I think he just wants Obama in office, more importantly he doesn't want McCain there. But I don't know that he's a card carrying member of the Dem Party
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #68
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,694
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
This has got to be one of the very worst run Campaigns on both sides in recent memory, if ever.

I mean, you have Obama playing the race card on himself, trying to propose tax hikes on big oil, as well as the upper and middle classes. You have McCain who doesn't seem to be very interested in defending himself against the "Bush's third term" crap, suggesting a gas tax holiday as an economic breakthrough, and really making no clear attempt at all to balance the budget.

One of these guys is going to be running the country. I predicted that we would see a president worse than Bush in the near future, but I didn't think that day could possibly come this soon.

My vote is totally up for grabs right now. First guy to suggest an idea that might work gets it. Because right now, both campaigns are out there, just trying to prove they are the lesser of the two evils, and that should inspire confidence in exactly no one.
I'm not sure that's possible. If that happens we're in for a world of shit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #69
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,617
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'm not sure that's possible. If that happens we're in for a world of shit.
People probably wouldn't have thought it possible after Buchanan, or Harding, or Hoover.

I think that these are actually two strong candidates though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #70
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
How is what his son was doing relevant?
While his father was working on a bankruptcy bill his son started doning some consulting work for one of the largest supporters and credit card companies who where pushing congress to pass the bill. Its a conflict of interest and his son's law firm was paid over $500,000. I agree with the bill that was passed but I was pointing out to Saden that Biden is just another Washington career insider running on a platform of change.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #71
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

def. of Swiftboating = When the opposition finds and tells the truth about a lie you told, a counter-attack that cries "swiftboating" can be used (by the Democrats) to distract the issue and accuse the other party of lying when in reality, it was you who lied first.

It was a lame, whiny attempt at a cover-up when John Kerry cried about this, it's even more stupid now because there are no actual boats involved in Obama's lies.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #72
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,499
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
People probably wouldn't have thought it possible after Buchanan, or Harding, or Hoover.

I think that these are actually two strong candidates though
Wait, I thought the original quote was that we were expecting a worse President after Bush.

Lincoln followed Buchanan - Arguably the greatest President ever.

Coolidge followed Harding - While not a "great" President, he presided over a period of prosperity, and is generally considered a good President.

F.D.R. followed Hoover - Certainly a great President and maybe the only other one in the same class as Lincoln and Washington.

If either McCain or Obama is the next Lincoln, F.D.R. or even Coolidge, I will: 1) Sit in the upper deck of the Linc in full Redskins attire shouting "Eagles suck"; and 2) discount all evidence of global warming as Hell most assuredly had frozen over.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #73
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
While his father was working on a bankruptcy bill his son started doning some consulting work for one of the largest supporters and credit card companies who where pushing congress to pass the bill. Its a conflict of interest and his son's law firm was paid over $500,000. I agree with the bill that was passed but I was pointing out to Saden that Biden is just another Washington career insider running on a platform of change.
Your implication is that his son's consulting had something to do with his vote? The implication that the state of Delaware is home to enormous number of credit card companies and therefore he's in their pockets would have been more palpable.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #74
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
def. of Swiftboating = When the opposition finds and tells the truth about a lie you told, a counter-attack that cries "swiftboating" can be used (by the Democrats) to distract the issue and accuse the other party of lying when in reality, it was you who lied first.

It was a lame, whiny attempt at a cover-up when John Kerry cried about this, it's even more stupid now because there are no actual boats involved in Obama's lies.


Swiftboating = Swift Boat tactics...it is what John Corsi is doing.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #75
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,499
Re: Obama Selects Senator Joe Biden as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Your implication is that his son's consulting had something to do with his vote? The implication that the state of Delaware is home to enormous number of credit card companies and therefore he's in their pockets would have been more palpable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Swiftboating = Swift Boat tactics...it is what John Corsi is doing.
It's only a sinister plot when the other guy is doing it.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36591 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25