Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #151
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,057
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
What's vulgar and unreasonable to you could be simple common sense to someone else, and to argue that your position should be considered the higher authority in all disagreements is beyond ignorant, it would be arrogant and utterly pathetic.

Which is why, to avoid such a situation, I feel you would be wise to master the skill of arguing based on implications. If the implication is "abortion=murder" (which is something I don't even necessarily agree with, but a lot of very intelligent people do), then you can't act like the people who believe this are inherently wrong. To do so would be batshit crazy.
I'm sharing my views. I know where pro-lifers stand and they know where I stand. What are you expecting from me? I'm I suppose to agree with them, understand their position, reason with them? I'm tired of their stupidness and I won't tolerate it. There's no middle ground when it comes to abortion in the case rape/incests. None whatsoever!
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #152
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
What's vulgar and unreasonable to you could be simple common sense to someone else, and to argue that your position should be considered the higher authority in all disagreements is beyond ignorant, it would be arrogant and utterly pathetic.

Which is why, to avoid such a situation, I feel you would be wise to master the skill of arguing based on implications. If the implication is "abortion=murder" (which is something I don't even necessarily agree with, but a lot of very intelligent people do), then you can't act like the people who believe this are inherently wrong. To do so would be batshit crazy.
Great post.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #153
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'm sharing my views. I know where pro-lifers stand and they know where I stand. What are you expecting from me? I'm I suppose to agree with them, understand their position, reason with them? I'm tired of their stupidness and I won't tolerate it. There's no middle ground when it comes to abortion in the case rape/incests. None whatsoever!
Yeah, those damn stupid, batshit crazy, pro-lifers, there's no reasoning with or understanding them. But we should negotiate unconditionally with a head of state that advocates "wiping another country off the face of the earth" (Ahmadenijad sp. / Israel). Iran's really a small country anyway and poses no real threats.....

I find it very strange that many (not all) on the far left in this country hate those on the right more than evil and brutal people who would commit mass genocide if they had the ability to do so. And it's normally those on the right who advocate a strong U.S. military which keeps people like Ahmadenijad in check.

I also wonder if you believe there's any middle ground on the partial birth abortion issue.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #154
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,057
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Yeah, those damn stupid, batshit crazy, pro-lifers, there's no reasoning with or understanding them. But we should negotiate unconditionally with a head of state that advocates "wiping another country off the face of the earth" (Ahmadenijad sp. / Israel). Iran's really a small country anyway and poses no real threats.....

I find it very strange that many (not all) on the far left in this country hate those on the right more than evil and brutal people who would commit mass genocide if they had the ability to do so. And it's normally those on the right who advocate a strong U.S. military which keeps people like Ahmadenijad in check.

I also wonder if you believe there's any middle ground on the partial birth abortion issue.
What are you saying, since I don't like them and I disagree with them I should be able to go out there and shoot them in the face? Bomb them to submission? What is there to negotiate? At least with respect to Iran there room for negotiation. With Iran I can negotiate with them by offering to help them build clean energy power plants in return for giving up nuclear aspiration. Hell, I can even offer to build and maintain their nuclear plants. What do I have to offer pro-lifers? Make abortion illegal in odd years?

My stance on partial birth abortion is very clear (SGG's What's Your Issue Poll).
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #155
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 45
Posts: 559
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The horndog vote huh. That's really something to strive for. But then again I'm sure it will work especially for those southern repub bubbas
Careful Matty, your democrat is showing. I always find it ironic that libs call us "southern repub bubbas". Or even worse: racist, sexist, fearmonger, homophob, etc. I think that those labels apply to dems too. But, I refuse to call names, because that was the way I was raised.

I just wish people would judge content of character, and not predetermined stereotypes, and skin color. Isn't that what MLKjr. talked about in his "I have a dream speech"?

My politics are formed by some basic principles and beliefs. I support those who hold those same ideas as me regardless of race and gender.

I'm pretty sure that Republicans who feel that our country is something to be proud of, and is not a hateful or a mean place to be. Why would so many people from so many different countries want to emigrate here and proudly be called American citizens? Now I'm not saying that this country is perfect, but compared to the rest of the world, this is where life is good, and if you work hard your dreams can become a reality. I have been over-seas and have experienced different cultures, so I do have something to compare to. There is no other country that is as diverse as ours. And there is a reason for that.

What I have against the Obamas is this: His associations with America hating people that he sorrounds himself with (Rev. Wright, William Ayers, to name a few). And how he intends to govern. He wants to redistribute the wealth of our great nation. The last time I checked, this is a capitalist nation where if you work hard, your dreams can become true. I think that if this government starts handing out checks on the 1st and 15th to people who aren't as ambitious as those who want to go out and earn a descent and honest living will ultimately doom us as a great nation.

Maybe I have a little too much appreciation for this country and the things that it stands for. It just pisses me off to hear people talk down about this country and try to tear it down like it's broken or something. We need change, change to what? Socialism? I don't know what he wants to change or have hope for, because he really hasn't specified.

Now to talk about the thread title, do I think that McCain's choice is political? You bet. I'm very certain that he is trying to get the Hillary cast-offs. But, I judge this pick as a solid choice for several reasons. If you just take a look and compare the accomplishments of Palin to Obama. I think you will see that she has done more for her constituents in deeds than rehtoric. You can disagree with her politics, but don't discredit what she has done in politics. Oh, and Matty, Palin is way hotter than Michell Obama. As we say down here "git-r-done McCain"!
__________________
Put'n bodies in motion, cuz I got the notion.
Fresh for 88' you suckaz.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #156
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'm sharing my views. I know where pro-lifers stand and they know where I stand. What are you expecting from me? I'm I suppose to agree with them, understand their position, reason with them? I'm tired of their stupidness and I won't tolerate it. There's no middle ground when it comes to abortion in the case rape/incests. None whatsoever!
Yeah, well, consider this the reason I responded to you in an issue I don't feel particularly strongly on.

What I'm not telling you is this: don't share your views. I do think your extreme liberal views contribute a viewpoint to the Parking Lot that improves the overall quality of the discussion.

What I am telling you is: don't be so goddamn arrogant on moral issues. The other side isn't always retarded. In fact, some of them can make rather intelligent arguments. If your only goal in stating your opinion is to try to irritate people who feel strongly the other way...then I really wish you would take it somewhere else. I don't understand the "I'm not going to take it anymore" crap. Where have you been wronged?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #157
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,462
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mrusmc View Post
Careful Matty, your democrat is showing. I always find it ironic that libs call us "southern repub bubbas". Or even worse: racist, sexist, fearmonger, homophob, etc. I think that those labels apply to dems too. But, I refuse to call names, because that was the way I was raised.

I just wish people would judge content of character, and not predetermined stereotypes, and skin color. Isn't that what MLKjr. talked about in his "I have a dream speech"?

My politics are formed by some basic principles and beliefs. I support those who hold those same ideas as me regardless of race and gender.

I'm pretty sure that Republicans who feel that our country is something to be proud of, and is not a hateful or a mean place to be. Why would so many people from so many different countries want to emigrate here and proudly be called American citizens? Now I'm not saying that this country is perfect, but compared to the rest of the world, this is where life is good, and if you work hard your dreams can become a reality. I have been over-seas and have experienced different cultures, so I do have something to compare to. There is no other country that is as diverse as ours. And there is a reason for that.

What I have against the Obamas is this: His associations with America hating people that he sorrounds himself with (Rev. Wright, William Ayers, to name a few). And how he intends to govern. He wants to redistribute the wealth of our great nation. The last time I checked, this is a capitalist nation where if you work hard, your dreams can become true. I think that if this government starts handing out checks on the 1st and 15th to people who aren't as ambitious as those who want to go out and earn a descent and honest living will ultimately doom us as a great nation.

Maybe I have a little too much appreciation for this country and the things that it stands for. It just pisses me off to hear people talk down about this country and try to tear it down like it's broken or something. We need change, change to what? Socialism? I don't know what he wants to change or have hope for, because he really hasn't specified.

Now to talk about the thread title, do I think that McCain's choice is political? You bet. I'm very certain that he is trying to get the Hillary cast-offs. But, I judge this pick as a solid choice for several reasons. If you just take a look and compare the accomplishments of Palin to Obama. I think you will see that she has done more for her constituents in deeds than rehtoric. You can disagree with her politics, but don't discredit what she has done in politics. Oh, and Matty, Palin is way hotter than Michell Obama. As we say down here "git-r-done McCain"!
Great Post!
4mrusmc for President!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #158
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
At least with respect to Iran there room for negotiation. With Iran I can negotiate with them by offering to help them build clean energy power plants in return for giving up nuclear aspiration. Hell, I can even offer to build and maintain their nuclear plants.
What has our 'negotiation' gained so far? We give, they take. Soon they will have secured billions in Jizya, further funding a bloated elite ruling system and kept their poor marginalized and ignorant.

You cannot and should not negotiate with a Theocracy, it's clearly idiotic.

Cut them off from the rest of civilization. Their people will revolt due to ethnic divide and their current 'Hate the West, just ignore the Ayatollah behind the curtain' bullshit will bring them down.

Thread Hell yet?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #159
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mrusmc View Post
Careful Matty, your democrat is showing. I always find it ironic that libs call us "southern repub bubbas". Or even worse: racist, sexist, fearmonger, homophob, etc. I think that those labels apply to dems too. But, I refuse to call names, because that was the way I was raised.

I just wish people would judge content of character, and not predetermined stereotypes, and skin color. Isn't that what MLKjr. talked about in his "I have a dream speech"?

My politics are formed by some basic principles and beliefs. I support those who hold those same ideas as me regardless of race and gender.

I'm pretty sure that Republicans who feel that our country is something to be proud of, and is not a hateful or a mean place to be. Why would so many people from so many different countries want to emigrate here and proudly be called American citizens? Now I'm not saying that this country is perfect, but compared to the rest of the world, this is where life is good, and if you work hard your dreams can become a reality. I have been over-seas and have experienced different cultures, so I do have something to compare to. There is no other country that is as diverse as ours. And there is a reason for that.

What I have against the Obamas is this: His associations with America hating people that he sorrounds himself with (Rev. Wright, William Ayers, to name a few). And how he intends to govern. He wants to redistribute the wealth of our great nation. The last time I checked, this is a capitalist nation where if you work hard, your dreams can become true. I think that if this government starts handing out checks on the 1st and 15th to people who aren't as ambitious as those who want to go out and earn a descent and honest living will ultimately doom us as a great nation.

Maybe I have a little too much appreciation for this country and the things that it stands for. It just pisses me off to hear people talk down about this country and try to tear it down like it's broken or something. We need change, change to what? Socialism? I don't know what he wants to change or have hope for, because he really hasn't specified.

Now to talk about the thread title, do I think that McCain's choice is political? You bet. I'm very certain that he is trying to get the Hillary cast-offs. But, I judge this pick as a solid choice for several reasons. If you just take a look and compare the accomplishments of Palin to Obama. I think you will see that she has done more for her constituents in deeds than rehtoric. You can disagree with her politics, but don't discredit what she has done in politics. Oh, and Matty, Palin is way hotter than Michell Obama. As we say down here "git-r-done McCain"!
There is possibly no way -- no way -- you can compare Palin's accomplishments to Obama's. He spent eight years in the U.S. Senate, a district nearly twenty times as big as the city Palin mayored. But beyond whatever resume points and experience arguments we can make, the real point is this. Obama has made his case, laid out his vision and plans for the country, participated in over twenty debates, and has been thoroughly vetted for the past nineteen months before the American people. Eighteen million of them, by the way, felt he had the goods. And we won't mention the incredible campaign he has run.I will give you, however, that Palin is hotter than Michelle
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #160
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
There is possibly no way -- no way -- you can compare Palin's accomplishments to Obama's. He spent eight years in the U.S. Senate, a district nearly twenty times as big as the city Palin mayored.
This is false. Obama was elected to the Senate in 2004, taking Peter Fitzgerald's seat. Those four years of course include the time he spent campaigning for president, as opposed to attending the Senate meetings.

I think you probably meant the Illinois State Senate, in which case, my only beef is acting like he had control over anything.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #161
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,009
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Hey Gtripp and Sammy, trying attacking the message and not the sender, it makes you look stupid.
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!
NM Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #162
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Redskin View Post
Hey Gtripp and Sammy, trying attacking the message and not the sender, it makes you look stupid.
?

I'm sorry, but this is the first time in the thread that someone has been personally attacked. Does that make...never mind.

--EDIT-- On review, I see that you probably weren't looking to attack me or Slingin' Sammy, but I still don't know what part of my or his responses offended you.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #163
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
This is false. Obama was elected to the Senate in 2004, taking Peter Fitzgerald's seat. Those four years of course include the time he spent campaigning for president, as opposed to attending the Senate meetings.

I think you probably meant the Illinois State Senate, in which case, my only beef is acting like he had control over anything.
Tripp, you're right. I meant Il. State Senate. But my basic point is still the same
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #164
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
This is false. Obama was elected to the Senate in 2004, taking Peter Fitzgerald's seat. Those four years of course include the time he spent campaigning for president, as opposed to attending the Senate meetings.

I think you probably meant the Illinois State Senate, in which case, my only beef is acting like he had control over anything.
You crack me up, he's spent four years running for President? And by the way, check the record. You'll be surprised who has missed the most Senate votes and meetings.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #165
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,462
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
And by the way, check the record. You'll be surprised who has missed the most Senate votes and meetings.
IMO, that does not make him any better, it just makes the others worse, as well
Your tax dollars at work!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37178 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25