Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 11:54 AM   #181
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mrusmc View Post
Dmek, come on pal. Do I really need to post a laundry list comparing the experience and accomplishments of both Obama and McCain? Obviously, regardless of what I or anybody says about the two candidates your mind is already made up.
i respect your commitment to protect and serve our great country. i thank you for preserving my freedoms. but, just because John McCain served in the military, it doesn't make him more qualified to be the president. every time he says i know how to win wars, i almost puke. how does he have this great insight? by getting shot down, and being tortured? he is a real American hero, for what he did in war time. but the Vietnam war, and the Iraq war mirror each other. to win a war, you have to be able to identify the enemy. this is impossible in Iraq. i respect John McCain, but no way in hell want him, or his vice president running the show. this is the biggest difference between the parties. the G.O.P has no respect for anyone the Dem's put in the forefront
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #182
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

John McCain is a leader and a capable one at that. He graduated from the Naval Academy and can be trusted with the Red Button.

saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #183
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 45
Posts: 559
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

12th, my definiton will first start with what Webster says. And that is: one who loves his or her country. Then I will amend it by saying: one who is willing to defend it at all costs. One who believes in what the founding fathers sought for the vision of what this country should be in such documents as The Declaration of Indepenence, The Constitution, and The Bill of Rights.
__________________
Put'n bodies in motion, cuz I got the notion.
Fresh for 88' you suckaz.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #184
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mrusmc View Post
12th, my definiton will first start with what Webster says. And that is: one who loves his or her country. Then I will amend it by saying: one who is willing to defend it at all costs. One who believes in what the founding fathers sought for the vision of what this country should be in such documents as The Declaration of Indepenence, The Constitution, and The Bill of Rights.
Okay, I can dig that. But that definition is a little too abstract for me. What about those who don't or can't serve in the military. How are they to prove their love or defend our country? Surely that would leave out hundreds of millions of Americans, wouldn't it? Another thing, since you cite the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights, how does the institution of slavery factor into this and more recently, the Jim Crow era, as it relates to our founding fathers and their ideals of sacracfice and service?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, just trying to see exactly when did America start loving and defending other Americans - all Americans.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #185
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,726
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Listen, I won't go tit for tat on what the Obama's said or meant to say, so called affiliations and such.
IMO, why are we not asking these questions.........with eyes open.......of all the candidates? Why do we not scrutinize the people our candidates have associated with in the past? Why are we not paying close attention to all aspects past and present of our candidates?
To many people want to brush these things aside as meaningless. I do not, and I will tell you now, O'bama has some disturbing associations that concern me "as an American". Naturally, he would like to talk about...change, and not about "God-Damn America".....who can blame him.
If MCcain does or his running mate, I damn sure want to heavily scrutinize those as well. To look the other way is irresponsible
I would think all Americans would want to know in detail as we all live here and I assume all want basically the same thing?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #186
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
John McCain is a leader and a capable one at that. He graduated from the Naval Academy and can be trusted with the Red Button.

What Red Button?
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #187
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
IMO, why are we not asking these questions.........with eyes open.......of all the candidates? Why do we not scrutinize the people our candidates have associated with in the past? Why are we not paying close attention to all aspects past and present of our candidates?
To many people want to brush these things aside as meaningless. I do not, and I will tell you now, O'bama has some disturbing associations that concern me "as an American". Naturally, he would like to talk about...change, and not about "God-Damn America".....who can blame him.
If MCcain does or his running mate, I damn sure want to heavily scrutinize those as well. To look the other way is irresponsible
I would think all Americans would want to know in detail as we all live here and I assume all want basically the same thing?

Oh, I'm more than willing to answer them. In fact, they have been answered. I just didn't want to get into argument with 4mrusmc.

Hog1, based on what you know about me (whatever that may be), if I played you a clip of me, 12thMan, saying God damn America. What would your honest conclusion be?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #188
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,726
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Oh, I'm more than willing to answer them. In fact, they have been answered. I just didn't want to get into argument with 4mrusmc.

Hog1, based on what you know about me (whatever that may be), if I played you a clip of me, 12thMan, saying God damn America. What would your honest conclusion be?
I am not tainting your reputation but, if you were an apparent 20 year associate of a presidential candidate in my country who I would assume has sought council at your side from time to time, I would be concerned. I do not condemn anyone for allegations from anyone, but it does get my attention.
BTW, it is not in your power to answer them. Only O' can do that
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #189
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I am not tainting your reputation but, if you were an apparent 20 year associate of a presidential candidate in my country who I would assume has sought council at your side from time to time, I would be concerned. I do not condemn anyone for allegations from anyone, but it does get my attention.
BTW, it is not in your power to answer them. Only O' can do that
So I take it you think I'm an okay guy?

But seriously, I've heard O answer and address these concernes at least 10 or 15 times, and I must say, I'm honestly satisfied. Especially his affiliation with William Ayers. But to your point, it is/was a reason to be concerned.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #190
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,836
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

So Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant. Personally, I don't consider this to be a story at all but people are talking about it so there you go. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/us...hp&oref=slogin
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #191
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
So Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant. Personally, I don't consider this to be a story at all but people are talking about it so there you go. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/us...hp&oref=slogin

Not a story? .... I'm sure it's quite a story for that 17 year old girl who just had her news spread all over the country/world...
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #192
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,836
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
Not a story? .... I'm sure it's quite a story for that 17 year old girl who just had her news spread all over the country/world...
Huh? Are you saying that you don't think this should have received the media attention it has? Because if you are we agree. And if you aren't then I really have no idea what you are talking about.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #193
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

the only reason it became a story, is because there were reports that her 5 month old son was conceived by her daughter
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #194
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

i wish g.w.bush could remain pres. for another 8 years. he's done a fine job.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #195
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Believe me, this is far from a non-story. Through the prism of our every day ordinary lives, yes, it's a non-story and should be none of our business. But this will impact the race, no doubt. Obama, Biden, and McCain have been dragged through the media since they started running for office over a year ago, and now it's Palin turn. I really hate it.

Unfortuntately this is where we are with our politics these days. Nothing and no one is off limits. I was glad to see Obama put the media in check and told them to back off the Palin story and leave it alone.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29417 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25