Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #601
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

What a difference one day makes eh? This guys is not really bright is he? Or maybe he lacks foresight? Or maybe he just discovered compassion? Or maybe he tossed principles overboard?

__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #602
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
What a difference one day makes eh? This guys is not really bright is he? Or maybe he lacks foresight? Or maybe he just discovered compassion? Or maybe he tossed principles overboard?
Or maybe he just looked at all of the facts and allowed them to sway his opinion, instead of clinging to an obviously mistaken view.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #603
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Or maybe he just looked at all of the facts and allowed them to sway his opinion, instead of clinging to an obviously mistaken view.
hm but wouldn't that make him a "flip-flopper"?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:34 AM   #604
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Or maybe he just looked at all of the facts and allowed them to sway his opinion, instead of clinging to an obviously mistaken view.
How absurd...the facts have been right there in front of him and all of us all along. It doesn't take a genius to figure out letting AIG and Lehman Brothers fail at the same time will lead to disaster in the financial. I expect more from the man aspiring to lead this nation, I expect him to have foresight and you should too.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #605
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
How absurd...the facts have been right there in front of him and all of us all along. It doesn't take a genius to figure out letting AIG and Lehman Brothers fail at the same time will lead to disaster in the financial. I expect more from the man aspiring to lead this nation, I expect him to have foresight and you should too.
Foresight in general yes, but more acutely in his area(s) of expertise, much more so. But I don't expect the President to necessarily be an economic guru. My gut reaction to hearing about the bail out was "No effing way, not another one." But, after thinking about the ripple effect such a massive failure would have on the economy, you realize that despite your philosophical objections there really isn't another option. I mean, I watch Man Vs Wild all the time. The guy drinks his own urine in order to survive, but that doesn't mean that he can't bitch about the taste it leaves in his mouth.

That said, I understand McCain's initial reaction because I shared it. I would assume that one of his many advisers briefed him and gave him additional perspective therefore he changed his mind. The principles of "small government" do not condone buying up companies in the manner which we have recently seen. Any person that would be all about backing these big corporations with taxpayer money and not at least voice some apprehension would worry me. Again, nothing I'm saying is an attack on Obama, more of a general defense that no one person is going to automatically know the correct course of action. The willingness to listen and then have an informed opinion is of great benefit and one of the primary qualities I look for in a leader.

And regarding Hooskin's comment about "flip flopping," I thought that was the most ridiculous criticism made during the last election and I have not changed that opinion. The term literally gives me a migraine every time I hear/read it. I see nothing wrong with someone becoming more educated on a subject and changing their mind. I have a real hard time with someone so dedicated to dogma that they refuse to see the forest for the trees.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine

Last edited by BleedBurgundy; 09-18-2008 at 11:36 AM.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #606
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Foresight in general yes, but more acutely in his area(s) of expertise, much more so. But I don't expect the President to necessarily be an economic guru. My gut reaction to hearing about the bail out was "No effing way, not another one." But, after thinking about the ripple effect such a massive failure would have on the economy, you realize that despite your philosophical objections there really isn't another option. I mean, I watch Man Vs Wild all the time. The guy drinks his own urine in order to survive, but that doesn't mean that he can't bitch about the taste it leaves in his mouth.

That said, I understand McCain's initial reaction because I shared it. I would assume that one of his many advisers briefed him and gave him additional perspective therefore he changed his mind. The principles of "small government" do not condone buying up companies in the manner which we have recently seen. Any person that would be all about backing these big corporations with taxpayer money and not at least voice some apprehension would worry me. Again, nothing I'm saying is an attack on Obama, more of a general defense that no one person is going to automatically know the correct course of action. The willingness to listen and then have an informed opinion is of great benefit and one of the primary qualities I look for in a leader.

And regarding Hooskin's comment about "flip flopping," I thought that was the most ridiculous criticism made during the last election and I have not changed that opinion. The term literally gives me a migraine every time I hear/read it. I see nothing wrong with someone becoming more educated on a subject and changing their mind. I have a real hard time with someone so dedicated to dogma that they refuse to see the forest for the trees.
Listen bro, I don't want to bailout these companies but when I hear AIG, Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers are in deep trouble I know what's up and what has to be done! Why? Because I know what these companies do and the impact of their failure! I know that we aught to bail them even though I wish we didn't have to.

The moral of the story is know what the fuck you're talking about before you open your mouth. McCain opened his big mouth and left no doubt with respect to his foolishness. Finally, some folks should be going to jail for these colossal failures.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #607
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Anyone check out her email?
Palin's Yahoo Account Hacked, Contents Leaked - Yahoo! News
Quote:
The personal e-mail account of Republican vice presidential hopeful Gov. Sarah Palin was hacked this week by an activist group known as 'anonymous', according to a Web site that publishes leaked documents alleging government and corporate misconduct.

Anonymous gained access to Palin's Yahoo e-mail address on Tuesday evening and gave the information to Wikileaks, according to the Web site. Data shared included screen shots of Palin's inbox, two e-mails, her address book and several family photos.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #608
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Listen bro, I don't want to bailout these companies but when I hear AIG, Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers are in deep trouble I know what's up and what has to be done! Why? Because I know what these companies do and the impact of their failure! I know that we aught to bail them even though I wish we didn't have to.

The moral of the story is know what the fuck you're talking about before you open your mouth. McCain opened his big mouth and left no doubt with respect to his foolishness. Finally, some folks should be going to jail for these colossal failures.
That I can agree with. I still respect the candor with which the remarks were made and have no problem with taking umbrage with the idea of a bail out. I have no problem with anyone criticizing McCain's view point, but I don't see justification for going after someone changing their mind in order to make a correct decision.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #609
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
What a difference one day makes eh? This guys is not really bright is he? Or maybe he lacks foresight? Or maybe he just discovered compassion? Or maybe he tossed principles overboard?

I see you hold McCain to higher standars then you do Obama.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #610
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I hope the people who hacked her account go to jail and I think the people who run that site should also face charges. This has nothing to do with who's account was hacked and I say the same if it was Obama, Biden or anyone who had their account hacked into.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #611
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I hope the people who hacked her account go to jail and I think the people who run that site should also face charges. This has nothing to do with who's account was hacked and I say the same if it was Obama, Biden or anyone who had their account hacked into.
I agree regarding the hackers. For wikileak, though, they've already beat a court rap once, since they only host the files. I haven't formed an opinion on how they should be treated.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #612
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I see you hold McCain to higher standars then you do Obama.
Everyone holds the other candidate to a higher standard than their own.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #613
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I agree regarding the hackers. For wikileak, though, they've already beat a court rap once, since they only host the files. I haven't formed an opinion on how they should be treated.
I look at it as receiving and holding stolen property.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #614
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I look at it as receiving and holding stolen property.
I think the question becomes, "Who owns the property?" I wouldn't say it's Palin in this case, but probably Yahoo. Either way, it's probably theft. Problem is, they most likely won't catch the guys who did it.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #615
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Update: McCain Selects Gov. Sarah Palin as Running Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I see you hold McCain to higher standars then you do Obama.
I see you're being vague. Care to elaborate?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36572 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25