Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Remembering 9/11

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,368
Remembering 9/11

Hard to believe it's been 7 years already. I guess it's just one of those things that will always feel like it happened yesterday.

Let's try to keep the politics of it all out of this thread and just remember those that lost their lives that day.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop

Last edited by Mattyk; 09-11-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Remembering 9/11

Its been 7 years not 8 but that does not really matter. Discovery ch. is running a show called "Inside The Twin Towers" or something like that. I have watched it three times and I get the same sick feeling each time. I remember that day just like yesterday. I was riding in my car listening on the radio as the person was breaking down as the first twin tower came down.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,825
Re: Remembering 9/11

Sadly this was the first year I didn't correalte the date with that horrible event. Matty thanks for keeping us on track.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
Impact Rookie
 
vaoutlaws2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 806
Re: Remembering 9/11

It is hard to believe that was 7 years ago. we will never forget. God bless America and all of those who gave their lives that day. Especially those brave men and women on flight 93 who were determined not let the terrorists who hijacked that plane carry out their suicide mission.
__________________
The future is obviously right now!
vaoutlaws2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Remembering 9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sadly this was the first year I didn't correalte the date with that horrible event. Matty thanks for keeping us on track.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
Same here. I'll never forget the feelings I experienced that day....just pure shock, disbelief, and sadness. RIP victims of 9/11 and God bless their families and our country.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: Remembering 9/11

Yep.. hard to believe. I was there, accross the street from the Pentagon for a conference at the Ritz. My room had a perfect view of the plane sliding into the Pentagon (I still get chills thinking about it).

... God Bless America.
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,368
Re: Remembering 9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
Yep.. hard to believe. I was there, accross the street from the Pentagon for a conference at the Ritz. My room had a perfect view of the plane sliding into the Pentagon (I still get chills thinking about it).

... God Bless America.
Did you actually see it happen?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #8
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: Remembering 9/11

Thoughts with all those who lost loved ones.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 09-11-2008 at 04:45 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: Remembering 9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Did you actually see it happen?
Nope.. I was in a conference room and the whole building shook, and then I was standing outside after they evacuated and saw the jets fly over top (the fighters that got there too late), and then next think you know hundreds of service people in their uniforms came running across the street to where we were standing away from the Pentagon. I went up to my room when they let us back in and you could see the path perfectly in the ground where the plane slid into the side of the pentagon. Smoke, ash... it looked like a huge meteor slid across the ground. My room became a very popular place at that point.. everyone wanted to see it..

The craziest thing about that time for me was the night before my son couldn’t sleep. His father called me at the hotel and said Marc was so upset that I was away and he was sure something terrible was going to happen. I blew it off thinking he was just sad I wasn’t there with him… but sure enough the next morning 911 happened, and right outside my room window!!... CHILLS!
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,368
Re: Remembering 9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
Nope.. I was in a conference room and the whole building shook, and then I was standing outside after they evacuated and saw the jets fly over top (the fighters that got there too late), and then next think you know hundreds of service people in their uniforms came running across the street to where we were standing away from the Pentagon. I went up to my room when they let us back in and you could see the path perfectly in the ground where the plane slid into the side of the pentagon. Smoke, ash... it looked like a huge meteor slid across the ground. My room became a very popular place at that point.. everyone wanted to see it..

The craziest thing about that time for me was the night before my son couldn’t sleep. His father called me at the hotel and said Marc was so upset that I was away and he was sure something terrible was going to happen. I blew it off thinking he was just sad I wasn’t there with him… but sure enough the next morning 911 happened, and right outside my room window!!... CHILLS!
wow pretty scary
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #11
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Remembering 9/11

may god bless all of those involved
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
Camp Scrub
 
Finslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 48
Re: Remembering 9/11

I still cry when I see references to this tragedy. Not just on that day, but anytime of the year. I watched it live when it happened, and I'm one American who will never forget.

I have one of the most awesome 9/11 tribute picture I've come across on my myspace page.

MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/393601383

Viewable by friends only, but I'll accept any adds, just put Warpath in the comment box.

I can't find the pic again, so unfortunately, myspace is the only place you can see it.
__________________
I am a Dolphins fan living in New England. You may call me brave or foolhardy, but I wear my shame with dignity!!!
Finslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24282 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25