Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


$700 B Bailout

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #76
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: $700 B Bailout

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Please explain to me what this guy is saying:

I don't even care what he said, once I saw the graphic of the pork, I just blanked out. I wish MSNBC had named names. Whoever is pushing pork in this should be hit in the head with a tire iron.

Damn, I wish there was a Line Item veto right about now.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #77
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: $700 B Bailout

how is McCain going to veto all of the bills that contain pork, when he is voting for them?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #78
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: $700 B Bailout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
how is McCain going to veto all of the bills that contain pork, when he is voting for them?
I don't care who the President is, that Line Item veto will stop a lot of this pork garbage.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #79
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,966
Re: $700 B Bailout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I don't care who the President is, that Line Item veto will stop a lot of this pork garbage.

The line item veto is an extraordinary power to grant the president. It is not a good solution in my opinion and that of the Supreme Court to the problems we face. If the president is given this power I can see the rise of favoritism to new heights and discriminatory executive practice of allowing requests from his own party members to go through and vetoing requests from the opposition party.

I would much rather see reform in the area of introduction of bills to the floor (i.e. clean bills and member written bills).
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #80
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: $700 B Bailout

Hasn't line item veto been unconstitutional for like a decade?
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #81
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: $700 B Bailout

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
The line item veto is an extraordinary power to grant the president. It is not a good solution in my opinion and that of the Supreme Court to the problems we face. If the president is given this power I can see the rise of favoritism to new heights and discriminatory executive practice of allowing requests from his own party members to go through and vetoing requests from the opposition party.

I would much rather see reform in the area of introduction of bills to the floor (i.e. clean bills and member written bills).
I totally agree. Holy cow.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #82
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: $700 B Bailout

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Hasn't line item veto been unconstitutional for like a decade?
It has always been.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.16834 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25