Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #46
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah it would, Biden could make it rain and then shoot up the club

You mean like this?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #47
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,454
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

biden "won" but palin stopped the bleeding as far as the panic that she couldn't form sentences... biden didn't really have any of his signature gaffes, and palin didn't have a couric train wreck.

they both dodged questions, but palin wasn't subtle about it at all and did it all night. I love the fact checks you've been posting though.

either way, it's looking like obama's job to lose, and that sucks for the military :/
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #48
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Good try, that's really the best you can come up with? Sorry but being dumb is still no excuse.
its the one the republicans use any time this administration tries to do anything. kind of like " let ole W. alone, we all know he's a retard"
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #49
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Reading the Talking Points Debate? I post video, you decide!

saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #50
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Sadens unbias picking of a you tube vid for us to watch. The video is titled Sarah reading from notes. People are so stupid as those are the notes she wrote down as Biden and she debated as all people do in debates. They walked on the stage with nothing and are provided note pad and pin. The title wants people to believe that Sarah brought the notes to the debate and I think the person who posted it believes that themself. Saden this is as bad as you oily fish clip.

Now that I read what you posted your implying the same thing.
Take what you will from the video, but what I take from the video is that she's a robot who can't think outside the box or answer questions asked of her. She's a dumb-dumb.

Last edited by saden1; 10-03-2008 at 06:15 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #51
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,716
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not sure what station I was on after the debat because I like to flip around and see the different slant on what people think. One guy had pulled Obama's voting record and showed that Biden flat out lied on 10 different times about Obama's voting record. Many of which Biden told the public and Sarah that she was just plain wrong. I also think if I was prepairing Sarah I would have brought up more stuff that Biden had said about Obama when they where running against each other. It was Biden who said I would vot for McCain before I would ever think about Voting for an inexperienced Obama.

Biden has 30 years of experience to Palin and he sould have been able to put her away but could not.
Biden Lie????
Say it aint so.....Joe
Actually, she did call out honest joe a couple of times regarding his campaign statements such as "Obama has no experience to be Commander in Chief, not enough experience to be Pres, etc.
It was great
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #52
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Whatever, Joe. Palin is stupid. I know. I saw some YouTube clips that show it. I bet she doesn't know..um...things that...um...smart people know. I think her soul should be eternally damned for her not being fully up to speed on all issues.

And, in case you didn't realize this, McCain = Bush.
Ahhh, ignorance. Is that a democratic staple????

There is no doubt in my mind that Biden beat Palin as McCain beat Obama.
(the way Palin dodged questions was almost exactly like how Obama dodged questions...at least Palin didn't "agree" with Biden on most issues like Obama did McCain.) haha.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #53
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,454
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Take what you will from the video, but what I take from the video is that she's a robot who can't think outside the box or answer questions asked of her. She's a dumb-dumb.
you're video posts are stupidly one-sided though. biden dodged that exact same question (and many others, as they both did), yet you'd never dare to post that. It really adds absolutely no value to the discussion at all. I mean, why not just post bill o'reilly as a counter point, cause that's about the type of total accuracy we're getting from your convenient choice of clips.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #54
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
you're video posts are stupidly one-sided though. biden dodged that exact same question (and many others, as they both did), yet you'd never dare to post that. It really adds absolutely no value to the discussion at all. I mean, why not just post bill o'reilly as a counter point, cause that's about the type of total accuracy we're getting from your convenient choice of clips.
Yes, Biden avoided questions and Ifill was god awful as moderator. Biden is no dumb-dumb though. As for being one-sided I say to you sir the floor is yours. Post all the videos you wish or do I have to pay you to do that? Would a dollar a video compensate you for your troubles?


p.s. I try to stay on topic and these videos I post speak for themselves. Feel free to do the same.

Last edited by saden1; 10-04-2008 at 12:32 AM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #55
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,454
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Yes, Biden avoided questions and Ifill was god awful as moderator. Biden is no dumb-dumb though. As for being one-sided I say to you sir the floor is yours. Post all the videos you wish or do I have to pay you to do that? Would a dollar a video compensate you for your troubles?


p.s. I try to stay on topic and these videos I post speak for themselves. Feel free to do the same.
the bigger issue is i don't care that much about going out of my way to troll up a thread, and i don't really have a zealous hatred of obama or biden as motivation either. I mean, your posts in the blue day teacher thread were very productive towards actual discussion, so i don't see why you have to revert to middle school pot shots on mccain or palin here.

and i agree that biden is definitely smarter than palin... it'd be hard to argue that.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #56
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 41
Posts: 5,301
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So as most people said it was a pretty uneventful debate, and Palin didn't slip up. But for me that's pretty much a win for the Republicans. No one watched this to see Biden, either Palin was gonna eff up or not, and she didn't.

Although both sides had bullshit, Biden had alot less and had more substance. The problem with that, is that will not appeal to the typical retard American. Palin's BS about being an outsider and her stupid one liners will. It pisses me off that kind of stuff even flies.
lol. It's funny though, people say that they want details, not bromides. So when a politician gets up there and actually does outline a plan, give details, numbers, etc., the viewer tends to glaze over, and that politician is chastized for being a complete bore.

Republicans on the one hand will gush over Palin because "she's refreshing" or "she's a true outsider", or "she will really change things". But then, she gets up on the stage, proves to the world that she has clearly spent a lot of time doing debate drills and honing her skills at avoiding the question -- and the Republicans praise her for being a really smooth politician.

You gotta love it.

Last edited by Beemnseven; 10-04-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #57
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,112
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
the bigger issue is i don't care that much about going out of my way to troll up a thread, and i don't really have a zealous hatred of obama or biden as motivation either. I mean, your posts in the blue day teacher thread were very productive towards actual discussion, so i don't see why you have to revert to middle school pot shots on mccain or palin here.

and i agree that biden is definitely smarter than palin... it'd be hard to argue that.
The sad part is when you have an intelligent person like hooskins saying that saden's video clips are educational and informative. I certainly hope that the only source of news and information for some people isn't YouTube. It's funny how saden says he's for neither side, yet only posts against one. But really, it's just a shame that this what his contribution to the parking lot threads has become. I used to enjoy reading what he had to say, but now I'm just curious if he's actually going to vote on election day or will be too busy browsing for video clips.

Oh well, it is what it is, we might as well just play his game





__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #58
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

When people in here say Sarah Palin is more qualified than Obama or she's not really as stupid as she seems the only choice I am left with is to post video clips of her in action. I don't know why you guys are hating on me, she's making news all over the place and I'm bringing you current news.

You all want me to be that guy that sees redeeming qualities in McCain and Palin and I see none. If it were up to me I would have them evaluated by a clinical psychiatrist for intellectual disability before letting the run for hall monitor let alone for the office of presidency. Or perhaps you want me to toe the "they're all the same." You want real honesty, step up and state the obvious instead of weaseling out by saying "she wouldn't be my choice" or "he'll do the least damage." She's an insult to you.

You guys obviously see the gross negligence of John McCain and the Republican party as some sort of a joke or something that can be overlooked. This is not a fucking joke. Running this country is a serious business and people in here act like it's football game. You know what, the jokes on you and me but while I see the joke I'm afraid folks in here don't. It's a shame really. You go ahead and peddle in that "she has executive experience" bullshit and I'll continue to post those videos.

Last edited by saden1; 10-04-2008 at 04:29 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #59
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,112
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
When people in here say Sarah Palin is more qualified than Obama or she's not really as stupid as she seems the only choice I am left with is to post video clips of her in action. I don't know why you guys are hating on me, she's making news all over the place and I'm bringing you current news.
Thanks for the ever so informative, not at all misleading "reading from her notes" clip.

Quote:
You all want me to be that guy that sees redeeming qualities in McCain and Palin and I see none. If it were up to me I would have them evaluated by a clinical psychiatrist for intellectual disability before letting the run for hall monitor let alone for the office of presidency. Or perhaps you want me to toe the "they're all the same." You want real honesty, step up and state the obvious instead of weaseling out by saying "she wouldn't be my choice" or "he'll do the least damage." She's an insult to you.
If you were really honest, then you wouldn't say that you've lost respect for Obama (or whatever it is you said) and then do nothing further to speak to that then one FISA thread. And no one is asking you see redeeming qualities. McCain could pull you out of a burning car and you would say "I would have rather died." We get that.

Quote:
You guys obviously see the gross negligence of John McCain and the Republican party as some sort of a joke or something that can be overlooked.
Way to generalize, as usual.

Quote:
This not a fucking joke. Running this country is a serious business and people in here act like it's football game. You know what, the jokes on you and me but while I see the joke I'm afraid folks in here don't. It's a shame really. You go ahead and peddle in that "she has executive experience" bullshit and I'll continue to post those videos.
It is a serious business, but you have largely contributed to making a mockery of it. You've become no better than someone saying "Get ready for the draft because Bush is sending military troops to Georgia."
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #60
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

i look at sadens videos for entertainment. but i somewhat agree about his point. can anyone on this board say, with a straight face, that she really is qualified to be the president? i disagree with John McCain's policies, but we all agree his health is an issue. the mere thought of Sarah Palin running this country ought to scare the hell out of everyone
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36257 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25