Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #61
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,791
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
the bigger issue is i don't care that much about going out of my way to troll up a thread, and i don't really have a zealous hatred of obama or biden as motivation either. I mean, your posts in the blue day teacher thread were very productive towards actual discussion, so i don't see why you have to revert to middle school pot shots on mccain or palin here.

and i agree that biden is definitely smarter than palin... it'd be hard to argue that.
The sad part is when you have an intelligent person like hooskins saying that saden's video clips are educational and informative. I certainly hope that the only source of news and information for some people isn't YouTube. It's funny how saden says he's for neither side, yet only posts against one. But really, it's just a shame that this what his contribution to the parking lot threads has become. I used to enjoy reading what he had to say, but now I'm just curious if he's actually going to vote on election day or will be too busy browsing for video clips.

Oh well, it is what it is, we might as well just play his game





__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #62
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

When people in here say Sarah Palin is more qualified than Obama or she's not really as stupid as she seems the only choice I am left with is to post video clips of her in action. I don't know why you guys are hating on me, she's making news all over the place and I'm bringing you current news.

You all want me to be that guy that sees redeeming qualities in McCain and Palin and I see none. If it were up to me I would have them evaluated by a clinical psychiatrist for intellectual disability before letting the run for hall monitor let alone for the office of presidency. Or perhaps you want me to toe the "they're all the same." You want real honesty, step up and state the obvious instead of weaseling out by saying "she wouldn't be my choice" or "he'll do the least damage." She's an insult to you.

You guys obviously see the gross negligence of John McCain and the Republican party as some sort of a joke or something that can be overlooked. This is not a fucking joke. Running this country is a serious business and people in here act like it's football game. You know what, the jokes on you and me but while I see the joke I'm afraid folks in here don't. It's a shame really. You go ahead and peddle in that "she has executive experience" bullshit and I'll continue to post those videos.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 10-04-2008 at 04:29 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #63
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,791
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
When people in here say Sarah Palin is more qualified than Obama or she's not really as stupid as she seems the only choice I am left with is to post video clips of her in action. I don't know why you guys are hating on me, she's making news all over the place and I'm bringing you current news.
Thanks for the ever so informative, not at all misleading "reading from her notes" clip.

Quote:
You all want me to be that guy that sees redeeming qualities in McCain and Palin and I see none. If it were up to me I would have them evaluated by a clinical psychiatrist for intellectual disability before letting the run for hall monitor let alone for the office of presidency. Or perhaps you want me to toe the "they're all the same." You want real honesty, step up and state the obvious instead of weaseling out by saying "she wouldn't be my choice" or "he'll do the least damage." She's an insult to you.
If you were really honest, then you wouldn't say that you've lost respect for Obama (or whatever it is you said) and then do nothing further to speak to that then one FISA thread. And no one is asking you see redeeming qualities. McCain could pull you out of a burning car and you would say "I would have rather died." We get that.

Quote:
You guys obviously see the gross negligence of John McCain and the Republican party as some sort of a joke or something that can be overlooked.
Way to generalize, as usual.

Quote:
This not a fucking joke. Running this country is a serious business and people in here act like it's football game. You know what, the jokes on you and me but while I see the joke I'm afraid folks in here don't. It's a shame really. You go ahead and peddle in that "she has executive experience" bullshit and I'll continue to post those videos.
It is a serious business, but you have largely contributed to making a mockery of it. You've become no better than someone saying "Get ready for the draft because Bush is sending military troops to Georgia."
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #64
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

i look at sadens videos for entertainment. but i somewhat agree about his point. can anyone on this board say, with a straight face, that she really is qualified to be the president? i disagree with John McCain's policies, but we all agree his health is an issue. the mere thought of Sarah Palin running this country ought to scare the hell out of everyone
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #65
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The sad part is when you have an intelligent person like hooskins saying that saden's video clips are educational and informative.
I don't remember specifically saying saden's clips are educational and informative. I have commented on them, posted some of my own and I've had a good laugh on many but I never said they were the only things that should be considered in elections. Many of the interview clips, like Katie Couric's interview I went back and watched the full interview to see how Palin did throughout all of it. In the end, youtube clips can be helpful in understanding a candidate but you have to look at the whole interview. Just because it's on youtube doesnt automatically disqualify it from debate.

Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a Dem, and I think Palin is stupid, but I not beyond partisan to recognize that McCain is very qualified for the position, vote for Republicans I support and aknowledge parts of the Republican platform which appeal to my personal beliefs(I outlined them in in my previous posts)
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #66
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,791
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
First, I am no Palin fan. There were clearly many more competent choices for McCain. To me, she is a sop to the social conservatives of the Republican party.

With that said, I thought that when asked questions in her comfort zone she gave sharp answers delivered in fairly concise fashion. Outside that zone, her answers were vague generalities or the repetition of talking points.

The problem, of course, is that her comfort zone is smaller than Herve Villechaize's strike zone
That's how I see it too. She was a political choice more than anything. My sense is still that she was selected by McCain (begrudingly selected) in order to get him into office. Once they are elected, she will be a very minor player in the administration. Problem is a) while her selection has rallied one group (social conservatives) it has alienated others so the idea that she would help the campaign may be backfiring, b) she's an unknown who was met with a lot of skepticism when selected so there is absolutely no room for error (but there have been errors) on her part, and c) a lot of people are convinced with 100% certainty that McCain won't be alive for another four years so the election has, for all intents and purposes, become Obama vs Palin.

I thought her performance was average. She was obviously coached to make sure she got her points across which led to her curious decision to brush over some of the moderator's questions. When she did answer questions, it seemed to catch Biden off-guard as it seemed he wasn't expecting her to do so. Ultimately, we'll see if people remember more what she said or what she was asked.

Biden was solid. I think he's always solid. He says stupid shit sometimes (as I noted a couple of posts ago) but that shouldn't be magnified over his experience and credentials. I thought he had opportunities to go for the kill on several instances but either he decided to take the high road or is waiting for another time. Or he didn't realize he had those opportunities.

Both sides fudged or ignored the facts in some instances, which is unfortunate, but seemingly the norm at debates. The debates are for "oooh" and "ahhh" moments.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #67
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,791
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i look at sadens videos for entertainment. but i somewhat agree about his point. can anyone on this board say, with a straight face, that she really is qualified to be the president? i disagree with John McCain's policies, but we all agree his health is an issue. the mere thought of Sarah Palin running this country ought to scare the hell out of everyone
Would you say then that the election in your mind is really Obama vs Palin?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #68
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,791
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I don't remember specifically saying saden's clips are educational and informative. I have commented on them, posted some of my own and I've had a good laugh on many but I never said they were the only things that should be considered in elections. Many of the interview clips, like Katie Couric's interview I went back and watched the full interview to see how Palin did throughout all of it. In the end, youtube clips can be helpful in understanding a candidate but you have to look at the whole interview. Just because it's on youtube doesnt automatically disqualify it from debate.
Maybe I misremembered then. Sorry about that. But to be clear, I didn't say you said they were the only things that should be considered in elections. And I definitely agree with your last two sentences.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #69
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Would you say then that the election in your mind is really Obama vs Palin?
the election is really based on John McCain's very reckless choice of his running mate. even if you don't like Joe Biden, i think we would agree that if something happened to Obama, he could step up and run the country
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #70
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

i have never said that John McCain wasn't qualified. but his stance on foreign affairs really frightens me. he is a military man. and military men want to do what they are trained to do. and that is fight. as we progress as a nation, diplomacy has to be first and foremost. otherwise, the united states will have a presence in all non democracy regions. and we will be going at it alone. i wonder how many of our allies are still present in Iraq? does anyone know? it seems like with our current administration, we have really alienated some of the countries we used to call friends
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #71
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,791
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the election is really based on John McCain's very reckless choice of his running mate. even if you don't like Joe Biden, i think we would agree that if something happened to Obama, he could step up and run the country
I guess this (and in several other cases) is where you and I disagree on what the more important issue is. Not that Biden couldn't run the country, but that it's more important that Biden could step in for Obama but that Obama is the right choice to begin with.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #72
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

i think your missing my point. the choice was a direct John McCain decision. if he is so careless in this decision, what other decisions will he be as careless with?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #73
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,791
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i think your missing my point. the choice was a direct John McCain decision. if he is so careless in this decision, what other decisions will he be as careless with?
Fair enough
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #74
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thanks for the ever so informative, not at all misleading "reading from her notes" clip.
Thanks...I report, you decide.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If you were really honest, then you wouldn't say that you've lost respect for Obama (or whatever it is you said) and then do nothing further to speak to that then one FISA thread. And no one is asking you see redeeming qualities. McCain could pull you out of a burning car and you would say "I would have rather died." We get that.
For the record I am in the tank for Obama's energy, social, and foreign policies. I believe I have state this in the past and it's no secret. Beyond his FISA vote which I saw as a political copout I have no other major problems with him and due FISA vote I stopped sending him money and I'm no longer vulunteering for him. I will say this though, his transgressions are minor compared to that of McCain. That is as far as I go. If there's any perticular issue you would like me to address feel free to ask me and I'll be happy to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Way to generalize, as usual.
I'll be happy to give you a run down of all that is ill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It is a serious business, but you have largely contributed to making a mockery of it. You've become no better than someone saying "Get ready for the draft because Bush is sending military troops to Georgia."
Oh really, I didn't realize I was making a mockery of it. Enlighten me.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #75
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,200
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The sad part is when you have an intelligent person like hooskins saying that saden's video clips are educational and informative. I certainly hope that the only source of news and information for some people isn't YouTube. It's funny how saden says he's for neither side, yet only posts against one. But really, it's just a shame that this what his contribution to the parking lot threads has become. I used to enjoy reading what he had to say, but now I'm just curious if he's actually going to vote on election day or will be too busy browsing for video clips.

Oh well, it is what it is, we might as well just play his game





Reviewing a Saden post in this arena, and looking for a reasonable evaluation is akin to reviewing an Offiss post looking for a reasonable evaluation of Ramsey.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37110 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25