Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #31
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,468
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
it's probably obama's to lose... his margin is decent, but there are some times polls under-represent republicans. I assumed obama would have a stronger showing here than mccain would, and it sounds like that's about right. mccain suggesting 300bill$ for paying off other people's bad decisions seems utterly stupid to me.

I missed the debate, but it doesn't really matter, since i've already voted.
This was, to me, the far most important thing to come out of this debate. The idea of government buying up mortgages is insane. If the McCain camp is banking on that "big idea" to garner support, they're screwed.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #32
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

I was reticent about posting this, but what the hell. It is Youtube, so take from it what you will.
I found it interesting

YouTube - BTW I'm Voting For Mccain / Palin
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #33
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I was reticent about posting this, but what the hell. It is Youtube, so take from it what you will.
I found it interesting

YouTube - BTW I'm Voting For Mccain / Palin
LOL...he lost me at brain washing segment...he should have been at the Republican convention, they certainly needed him for diversity.

I must say though he was entertaining to watch....he certainly thinks outside the box though it's a box inside another box.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #34
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I watched the entire debate and thought it was close but that McCain came out on top. To me, what won it for McCain was he kept coming back to experience, which he has and Obama does not. There's no real spin to that it's a fact and it's his one advantage. I liked how he brought up the fact that Obama has not introduced a single piece of legislation aimed at lowering taxes. I just didn't think Obama responded as well this time. And although I don't like McCain's healthcare plan, I thought he did a good job of explaining it in layman's terms. Obama has the far better plan but I don't think he explained it as well.
I guess you got what you wanted out of the debate, it's human nature. Unfortunately you're in the minority.

Obama has not introduced a single piece of legislation aimed at lowering taxes eh? What tax would like him to reduce?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #35
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,468
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I guess you got what you wanted out of the debate, it's human nature. Unfortunately you're in the minority.

Obama has not introduced a single piece of legislation aimed at lowering taxes eh? What tax would like him to reduce?
Not really fortunate or unfortunate really. I do lean towards McCain, but I still consider myself undecided. There were pros and cons to both last night and I thought McCain did well. We'll see how the next one goes.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #36
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 8,317
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
This was, to me, the far most important thing to come out of this debate. The idea of government buying up mortgages is insane. If the McCain camp is banking on that "big idea" to garner support, they're screwed.
What's the better solution? Allow Wall Street to totally implode and watch as we enter the Greatest Depression?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #37
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
LOL...he lost me at brain washing segment...he should have been at the Republican convention, they certainly needed him for diversity.

I must say though he was entertaining to watch....he certainly thinks outside the box though it's a box inside another box.
Ergo,
take from it what you will......
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach

Last edited by Hog1; 10-08-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #38
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

I watched some of the debate but I'm decided and they had the Skins on NFL replay. Even though Obama seems to have the lead its going to be a very tough election. I perfer McCain over Obama but I really don't like either one of them. My biggest issue the past couple of years has been taxes as it seems as a small business owner I pay and pay and pay. Then my CPA (I have very good CPA) does my taxes and I still owe more money. Obama's plan says a small business making under $250,000 will not see a tax increase but I think there are allot more people hit by this then what we hear. So if my business makes over $250,000 and I after paying all of my bills, employee's, etc... I end up bringing home $65,000 I'm getting a tax increase. Most small business owners I know gross more than $250,000 but bring home much less.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #39
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I watched some of the debate but I'm decided and they had the Skins on NFL replay. Even though Obama seems to have the lead its going to be a very tough election. I perfer McCain over Obama but I really don't like either one of them. My biggest issue the past couple of years has been taxes as it seems as a small business owner I pay and pay and pay. Then my CPA (I have very good CPA) does my taxes and I still owe more money. Obama's plan says a small business making under $250,000 will not see a tax increase but I think there are allot more people hit by this then what we hear. So if my business makes over $250,000 and I after paying all of my bills, employee's, etc... I end up bringing home $65,000 I'm getting a tax increase. Most small business owners I know gross more than $250,000 but bring home much less.
If you have a Small (full time) business grossing less than 250k, your living on the street already. After expenses and tax's most business's won't have much left over.
If we are talking about personal income, over 250k. In OshKosh, that's probably pretty good loot. Not so in NYC, DC, either coast and much in between.
How does Barrack Hussein thinks that's fair, I wonder? He talks a lot about it. It seems much more fair if you are not in those groups, I imagine. These groups are already paying a whole lot more income tax than I am. Interesting concept of fairness Barrack has....
Actually, when you think about it, he's just a modern day Robin Hood? Steal from the rich and give to the poor?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #40
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
If you have a Small (full time) business grossing less than 250k, your living on the street already. After expenses and tax's most business's won't have much left over.
If we are talking about personal income, over 250k. In OshKosh, that's probably pretty good loot. Not so in NYC, DC, either coast and much in between.
How does Barrack Hussein thinks that's fair, I wonder? He talks a lot about it. It seems much more fair if you are not in those groups, I imagine. These groups are already paying a whole lot more income tax than I am. Interesting concept of fairness Barrack has....
Actually, when you think about it, he's just a modern day Robin Hood? Steal from the rich and give to the poor?
Well in my area if you do not have hugh over head to run the business 250k could mean some nice income. If its a business with alottmore over head then your right it could mean your making close to nothing. I know some new business owners where the business grosses over $300,000 but with all their overhead as a new business are just getting by. They will be fine after they pay off some of their equipment and keep growing but from what I read that will put them in a higher tax bracket under Obamas plan even though they are just getting by. His own words is any small business making over $250,000 will pay higher taxes. He does not say if the owner is making over 250k they will pay higher taxes. When he says this 250k number people think he is talking about the bring home pay of the owner which is incorrect.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,468
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
What's the better solution? Allow Wall Street to totally implode and watch as we enter the Greatest Depression?
Sorry, I don't personally believe that the government's role is to act as a mortgage lender. And... screw Wall Street. And Main Street. If you choose to *risk* your company's assets in shady, fundamentally poor investments and it comes back to bite you in the ass, that's on you. If you choose to *risk* your financial well being and purchase a home you cannot afford, that's on you. Everybody loves free/cheap money/assets but nobody wants to be responsible for their piss poor decision making. My own view is, let 'em fail, there will be a vacuum formed and new business will rush in to fill it. It may take time but I truly believe that would be the best in the long term. The way we're currently going, no one is going to learn ANYTHING from this mess. Everyone who screwed up and put us in this situation is going to get bailed out at the expense of everyone who was responsible. That's fucked up.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #42
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Sorry, I don't personally believe that the government's role is to act as a mortgage lender. And... screw Wall Street. And Main Street. If you choose to *risk* your company's assets in shady, fundamentally poor investments and it comes back to bite you in the ass, that's on you. If you choose to *risk* your financial well being and purchase a home you cannot afford, that's on you. Everybody loves free/cheap money/assets but nobody wants to be responsible for their piss poor decision making. My own view is, let 'em fail, there will be a vacuum formed and new business will rush in to fill it. It may take time but I truly believe that would be the best in the long term. The way we're currently going, no one is going to learn ANYTHING from this mess. Everyone who screwed up and put us in this situation is going to get bailed out at the expense of everyone who was responsible. That's fucked up.
Just making a point that what used to be sound conservative investments are no longer that, like Fannie/Freddie & Mortgage Backed Securities.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,468
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Just making a point that what used to be sound conservative investments are no longer that, like Fannie/Freddie & Mortgage Backed Securities.
Agreed, and the reason they are no longer sound is because the principles involved decided to change their business practices in favor of short sightedness.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #44
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Agreed, and the reason they are no longer sound is because the principles involved decided to change their business practices in favor of short sightedness.
And political correctness. Or more pointedly...they bought votes.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #45
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Official Presidential Debate Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Agreed, and the reason they are no longer sound is because the principles involved decided to change their business practices in favor of short sightedness.
Fred & Fan had to pick up this bad papper because congress got involved with how banks gave out loans which is the biggest part of this entire mess. If congress kept their nose out of lending and banks kept up their conservative approach knowing they where stuck with any bad papper then they would have done so. This just goes back to goverment screws up everything they touch but heck lets give them more power. Why not let them screw up health care even worse or keep screwing up the school system, SS, etc.. because they do such a fine job. Funny thing is the two guys running for office both had a hand in these poor decisions. Yes both McCain & Obama are as guilty as anyone in this mess. Now we get to vote for them to fix the mess that they helped create to start with and you know what we will get. More goverment and goverment programs that over spend and are poorly run.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31578 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25