Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #16
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 8,317
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Obama was booed by a crowd yesterday for merely acknowledging that McCain tried to correct the dumb statements that woman made. That's further proof that 50% of people lost 90% of their brains when they commit themselves to a political party.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #17
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I find it strange that so many people who decry Obama being painted as an Arab, a terrorist, various racial slurs, have no issue at all with McCain/Republicans having just as wide a brush used on them. I'm registered Republican so of course I must be one or preferrably all of the following: Racist, Redneck and/or Retarded.
yeah i'm a redneck evangelical hunter of "baby killers" who deports gays on the side. but hey it's ok because I apparently provided the paint and the brush. never mind that I am actually of mixed heritage for gun control and lean republican for reasons that have nothing to do with whether offiss and kidwell want to tie the knot. there are idiots on both sides, but that should not define the two parties or the people that vote for them.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #18
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

You're more than welcome to paint a self portrait.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #19
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

I don't even know what the point of that link was, but whatever.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #20
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 4,628
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

This is just the chickens coming home to roost. They've gone very negative and they use a townhall style format. I am relieved that McCain said what he did (shades of the old John!), but the campaign has continued the rhetoric and the adds. Sparking up mob violence is not responsible politics, especially given the economic situation. And I'm not saying that McCain and co are saying "go do violence", but once they see what effect their words are having, they should back off.

As for the dems, the negativity there is not the usual "three Rs" that BB mentioned (which are just plain stupid, and the dumbest thing a democrat can think, IMO). It's McCain=Bush and McCain is erratic. Then there's the Keating 5 video. None of this stuff is saying McCain is anti-american or an outsider, nor do they touch on negative racial or religious stereotypes. That's not to say they are true or that they aren't negative. But they aren't unleashing mob anger they way the repub's stuff is.

There's obviously a fine line here. I'm fully accepting of negative campaigns: they're as old as the nation. But for the first time this election cycle, I actually felt afraid watching some of that stuff from early in the week at repub rallies. I am Jewish, so maybe I'm over-sensitive to angry rallies in tough economic times. But I think McCain at least has realized that this is getting out of control, even if others in his campaign seem to think that ANYTHING goes. Since these are the same guys who started a rumor about McCain's adopted daughter, I have no sympathy for him. But if you want to get the first black president of the United States killed, this would be one way. Nuts don't take much to set them off.

NOTE: I AM NOT SAYING THAT REPUBLICANS IN GENERAL OR MCCAIN OR HIS STAFF ARE TRYING TO INCITE VIOLENCE. My wife and father in law are republicans and I love and respect them very much. I'm just saying that this situation is potentially very dangerous. The repubs are playing with fire in this economic environment, IMHO.
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #21
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't even know what the point of that link was, but whatever.
Bush painting a self portrait?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #22
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

saden, i think you are finally starting to rub some people the wrong way. but i dont know why? i think most of your stuff is funny
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #23
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Rubbing people the wrong way is a two-way street but the truth is I'm not trying to rub anyone anyway. I speak my mind is all.

On a side note, I visited my mom and dad yesterday and they had this new picture in their living room of them with congressman Tom Davis. He was our representative when we live in NOVA and I met him couple of times. He was a decent guy, a principled man, someone you could respect. You know what else? He's someone who I agree with with respect to the Republican Party and a host of other issues. My current congressman is David Reichert, a worthless piece of shit yes-man by all accounts. Hopefully he's going to get the boot this year.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You're more than welcome to paint a self portrait.
The White House response sums this up about right:

The White House declined to discuss Mr. Bush’s private appearances. “This is typical New York Times nonsensical pseudo-analysis,” Tony Fratto, the deputy White House press secretary, said in an e-mail message.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #25
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Saden you are always saying stuff about McCains judgement and judging him on that but you don't judge Obama at all on his past judgment. Its not like the Ayer's and Wright stuff happend when Obama was 20 it happend within the past year with Wright and Ayer's within five years. If this was either McCain or Sarah you would ask the same question.
I don't do guilt by association. I do guilt by conduct, policy, and speech. I don't think anyone in here is interested in me naming all the shady associates of the McCain/Palin ticket.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #26
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,599
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
This is just the chickens coming home to roost. They've gone very negative and they use a townhall style format. I am relieved that McCain said what he did (shades of the old John!), but the campaign has continued the rhetoric and the adds. Sparking up mob violence is not responsible politics, especially given the economic situation. And I'm not saying that McCain and co are saying "go do violence", but once they see what effect their words are having, they should back off.

As for the dems, the negativity there is not the usual "three Rs" that BB mentioned (which are just plain stupid, and the dumbest thing a democrat can think, IMO). It's McCain=Bush and McCain is erratic. Then there's the Keating 5 video. None of this stuff is saying McCain is anti-american or an outsider, nor do they touch on negative racial or religious stereotypes. That's not to say they are true or that they aren't negative. But they aren't unleashing mob anger they way the repub's stuff is.

There's obviously a fine line here. I'm fully accepting of negative campaigns: they're as old as the nation. But for the first time this election cycle, I actually felt afraid watching some of that stuff from early in the week at repub rallies. I am Jewish, so maybe I'm over-sensitive to angry rallies in tough economic times. But I think McCain at least has realized that this is getting out of control, even if others in his campaign seem to think that ANYTHING goes. Since these are the same guys who started a rumor about McCain's adopted daughter, I have no sympathy for him. But if you want to get the first black president of the United States killed, this would be one way. Nuts don't take much to set them off.

NOTE: I AM NOT SAYING THAT REPUBLICANS IN GENERAL OR MCCAIN OR HIS STAFF ARE TRYING TO INCITE VIOLENCE. My wife and father in law are republicans and I love and respect them very much. I'm just saying that this situation is potentially very dangerous. The repubs are playing with fire in this economic environment, IMHO.
Good points and I agree. This hatred that's coming from crowds when McCain or Palin speak is quite disturbing to say the least, I wish they would attempt to speak out and squash this stuff. Kill him? Terrorist? Off with his head? Wow...

I agree they aren't inciting violence, but they aren't doing anything to curb this disturbing behavior, and things could potentially get much uglier if they're not careful.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #27
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Ok, I'm intrested in all these shady people? Its not guilt its a question of his decision making. It one thing to be in a room with a people like this its another for one to be a big part of his life for 20 years and to kick off your political career at the persons home. Lets make it clear once again the guy is known for belonging to a group that is known to have bombed US targets.
Here you go, have fun.

Palin:
  • Thomas Muthee (a witch doctor extraordinaire, if you got the devil in you he can take care of it).
  • Alaska Independence Party (crazy fringe party that really hates America).

McCain:
  • Marylin Shannon (domestic terrorist who is pro abortion clinic bombing).
  • G. Gordon Liddy (a first class bad guy).
  • U.S. Council for World Freedom (McCain was a Board member and paled with Oliver North).
  • Pastor John Hagee (this mofo is worse than Wright).
  • Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson (meeting and pandering with batshit crazy people who think 911 was a punishment from god).
  • Charles Keating (the guy who put many a grandma and grampa in the poor house with the help of McCain).
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #28
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 4,628
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

You forgot one, Saden:

George W. Bush

__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
You forgot one, Saden:

George W. Bush

Not to digress, but since you brought up Bush, I thought this was interesting. Some comparisons are a bit of a stretch, but nonetheless...

Another Four Years?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #30
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 4,628
Re: McCain wins some respect from me on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not to digress, but since you brought up Bush, I thought this was interesting. Some comparisons are a bit of a stretch, but nonetheless...

Another Four Years?
This is a guilt-by-association thing, not an argument! Just wanted to play a little rebulican-style ball here.

As for that CNN piece, I don't find it very compelling. The similarities are often very thin: they agree on abstinence? On national security? Really?

But let's say it's true. Doesn't that give lie to the claim by the McCain camp that Obama is a radical liberal out of touch with America? If he's basically in-step with Bush, he is not a liberal. Can't have it both ways, even in this nutty election season.
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31325 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25