Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Liberal = Anti-American?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Liberal = Anti-American?

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann:



What does anti-American mean? What does one have to do to qualify?



Real America? Pro-America?



Norther Virginia is not real Virginia?



Communist Country ay?



Wow, speechless. I like how they work the word freedom into an ad that advocates the restriction freedom.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 10-19-2008 at 12:42 AM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

And then there is this from one year ago:

__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:58 AM   #3
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Norther Virginia is not real Virginia?



Communist Country ay?



Wow, speechless. I like how they work the word freedom into an ad that advocates the restriction freedom.
Northern Virginia has turned into an extension of the People's Republic of Maryland.

The population in Northern Virginia has increased pretty dramatically over the last 10 years and that area generally leans left rather than the "real Virginians" from Fredericksburg going south and about Chantilly (give or take) going west, who lean right.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:49 AM   #4
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,588
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

This is surprising to you, after the last 8 years???
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

i'm from springfield, and i'm a Real Virginian™

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓


and only cowroid fans would dare think differently :P
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:09 AM   #6
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

btw, back in 2000 "fake virginia" voted for mccain in the republican primary, while your"real" virginians voted for the idiot named bush.

truth is, NoVA is probably more libertarian or moderate than anything else, and what you're seeing isn't related to being "real" as much as 8 years of bad policy and management and a republican political machine that sucks compared to the opposition and that can't find good candidates to save itself.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Well Biden himself said its anti American for people not to pay more in taxes.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Northern Virginia has turned into an extension of the People's Republic of Maryland.

The population in Northern Virginia has increased pretty dramatically over the last 10 years and that area generally leans left rather than the "real Virginians" from Fredericksburg going south and about Chantilly (give or take) going west, who lean right.
I usually think Saden's posts are too extreme, but just because I am from N.Va. makes me not a Virginian? Just because my region goes Dem and is a bit more socially progressive makes me not Virginian?

So in that accord "Real Virginia" is extremely conservative, resistive to change, and right? Wow...shows how polarized our nation can be....
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I usually think Saden's posts are too extreme, but just because I am from N.Va. makes me not a Virginian? Just because my region goes Dem and is a bit more socially progressive makes me not Virginian?

So in that accord "Real Virginia" is extremely conservative, resistive to change, and right? Wow...shows how polarized our nation can be....
I'm not saying you guys up North aren't real Virginians. I certainly don't agree with that type of thinking. I was just referencing the difference in the general political leanings of each area for saden.

I used to live up in NoVA back in the mid-90s. Lighten up guys.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #10
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I usually think Saden's posts are too extreme, but just because I am from N.Va. makes me not a Virginian? Just because my region goes Dem and is a bit more socially progressive makes me not Virginian?

So in that accord "Real Virginia" is extremely conservative, resistive to change, and right? Wow...shows how polarized our nation can be....
There was a post about a year ago from someone in NVA (can not rember who it was) and basically they said that the people in NVA are kind of embarassed that they are lumped into the rest of VA. Kind of like the people in NVA are better then the rest of the state.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Everyone seems to be taking shots at me lately...I don't get it. What is extreme about my posts?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #12
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Everyone seems to be taking shots at me lately...I don't get it. What is extreme about my posts?
Its not shots at you it just disagreeing with your opinion. If you ever feel I'm taking a shot at you personaly then I'm sorry because that is not my intention.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #13
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

I don't really care if people take shots at me because I'll fire right back (mods probably will have a problem with it personal attacks though). What I have a problem with is people calling me extreme. There's nothing extreme about me, if someone knows something I don't spit it out.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #14
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't really care if people take shots at me because I'll fire right back (mods probably will have a problem with it personal attacks though). What I have a problem with is people calling me extreme. There's nothing extreme about me, if someone knows something I don't spit it out.
Well your pretty set in you political believes and are not at all open to other ideas. Like our conversation months back about privatising SS and when shown the number in Galviston Tx you still thought goverment run SS worked better. Its like you saw the numbers and just did not believe them. Remember those numbers where a man working 30 years making on average $75000 a year would bring home X from gov. SS but brought home much more under their private system.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #15
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,776
Re: Liberal = Anti-American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well your pretty set in you political believes and are not at all open to other ideas. Like our conversation months back about privatising SS and when shown the number in Galviston Tx you still thought goverment run SS worked better. Its like you saw the numbers and just did not believe them. Remember those numbers where a man working 30 years making on average $75000 a year would bring home X from gov. SS but brought home much more under their private system.
We have plenty of that on both sides here. Let's not act like saden is the only one guilty of that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28045 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25