Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,297
John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

You can't make this stuff up

John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse | The Dish Rag | Los Angeles Times
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,880
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Is this a joke? If it is not I assume his frontal lobes haven't fully developed. Once again, god save us from the imbeciles.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

He's representing all the Joe the Dumbers of the world.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 31
Posts: 1,290
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

We dont vote for the siblings of the men running.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsOrlando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 44
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
We dont vote for the siblings of the men running.
If we did, ol Bill woulda never got in cuz Roger was a quite the screw up.
__________________
"Loyd, petey didn't even have a head, Harry, I took care of it"
SkinsOrlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,587
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Ah, I long for the days of Billy Carter... now there was a "first brother" of the people. He was more like "Joe 12-pack."
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #7
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Like I said the liberal media is going to be throwing all this crap out to help Obama in any way they can. Matty is just making my point by posting this stuff.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Like I said the liberal media is going to be throwing all this crap out to help Obama in any way they can. Matty is just making my point by posting this stuff.
Ah, thanks for helping me see the light.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #9
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Ah, I long for the days of Billy Carter... now there was a "first brother" of the people. He was more like "Joe 12-pack."
I have a six pack of Billy Beer.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,587
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Like I said the liberal media is going to be throwing all this crap out to help Obama in any way they can. Matty is just making my point by posting this stuff.
(Note: FD, I'm not saying you're a complete skeptic about the media, but I wanted to comment on this sort of charge.)

I think this ongoing line from the right is dangerous. Here's why: it's the place where they come closest to the loony left. The loony left (as my father in law calls them (me?)) do not believe the press either. They think they are largely controlled by corporate interests and only publicize those stories supportive of the capitalist status quo (see Noam Chomsky, for example). They are now very prone to embrace conspiracy theories of the nuttiest kind. This is not a good step.

It drives irrational behavior--accepting a crazy story just because it comes from the MSM and rejecting good stories for the same reason. So, if you think the MSM is biased and untrustworthy, and then someone says Obama is a closet muslim, you take it as EVIDENCE that the story is true that it's not reported or it's denied by the MSM. Same if you hear Palin is a snake handler or something: it WASN'T in the news, so it MUST be true, or anyway more credible.

No doubt the media has issues. My suggestion is to cross-reference stories from lots of sources. I read both the NY times and the WSJ. I also check the Drudge Report on a regular basis. And I try to followup on stories with longer things when I can--books, long-form articles, etc.

But if you don't get your news from the MSM, where do you get it? Why think that source is better? The press plays a vital function in democracy, and attacking it is dangerous. What, should political parties get to vet the media? Should they have editorial control? That serves the parties, but damages the nation. And yes, I do think in general that the MSM is biased. NY Times, WPost, NBC--liberal. Fox, NYPost, WashTimes--conservative. Knowing this allows for some cross-calibration. And I take try to take all these reports with a grain of salt.

It makes sense to be skeptical of what we get from the MSM, but it doesn't make sense, it seems to me, to become an out-and-out skeptic about the media. There's an important difference.
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,587
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Billy Beer rules.
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,297
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Yup, blame it on that damn liberal media.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
(Note: FD, I'm not saying you're a complete skeptic about the media, but I wanted to comment on this sort of charge.)

I think this ongoing line from the right is dangerous. Here's why: it's the place where they come closest to the loony left. The loony left (as my father in law calls them (me?)) do not believe the press either. They think they are largely controlled by corporate interests and only publicize those stories supportive of the capitalist status quo (see Noam Chomsky, for example). They are now very prone to embrace conspiracy theories of the nuttiest kind. This is not a good step.

It drives irrational behavior--accepting a crazy story just because it comes from the MSM and rejecting good stories for the same reason. So, if you think the MSM is biased and untrustworthy, and then someone says Obama is a closet muslim, you take it as EVIDENCE that the story is true that it's not reported or it's denied by the MSM. Same if you hear Palin is a snake handler or something: it WASN'T in the news, so it MUST be true, or anyway more credible.

No doubt the media has issues. My suggestion is to cross-reference stories from lots of sources. I read both the NY times and the WSJ. I also check the Drudge Report on a regular basis. And I try to followup on stories with longer things when I can--books, long-form articles, etc.

But if you don't get your news from the MSM, where do you get it? Why think that source is better? The press plays a vital function in democracy, and attacking it is dangerous. What, should political parties get to vet the media? Should they have editorial control? That serves the parties, but damages the nation. And yes, I do think in general that the MSM is biased. NY Times, WPost, NBC--liberal. Fox, NYPost, WashTimes--conservative. Knowing this allows for some cross-calibration. And I take try to take all these reports with a grain of salt.

It makes sense to be skeptical of what we get from the MSM, but it doesn't make sense, it seems to me, to become an out-and-out skeptic about the media. There's an important difference.
I get my news from a bunch of sources both from the left and the right. MSNBC, FOX, PBS, PBR, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN I kind of surf around to see what they are talking about and if its of interest I'll will then listen. I don't cherry pick and only watch when they are talking good about who I support or when they are talking bad about who I don't support. I really enjoy surfing the news right after the debates to see all the different slants from the different news outlets. Like I said earlier I don't mind liberal slanted media its how they hide the fact that they are liberal and report like its just facts without their slant. I know liberals dog Fox but you know what you are getting when you turn them on and they do not hide the fact they lean to the right. You cannot say that about MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, or CNN and they just want you to think they are just reporting without their slant.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Billy Beer rules.
I have never tried the beer because I figure that a full six pack in its holder might be worth some money one day. I found it at a yard sale when I was looking at some fishing poles.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,297
Re: John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Like I said the liberal media is going to be throwing all this crap out to help Obama in any way they can. Matty is just making my point by posting this stuff.
Here's the story on Fox News if it makes you feel any better.

Regardless of the source it's still a story, is it not? I'm not saying it's one that will have any effect on the election, but still, some moron calls 911 to complain about traffic, and that moron just happens to be McCain's brother? I don't see where this is the liberal media piling on.

McCain's Brother Leaves Campaign After 911 Flareup - FOXNews.com Elections
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29870 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25