Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


obama informercial gameday thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #31
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Unfortunately a lot of people vote on superficial reasons. I'm not sure what's worse, doing that or not voting at all. I'm sure there will be plenty of votes for McCain simply because of Obama's skin color and/or name, which is truly pathetic. The sad truth is a large portion of the population is not educated enough to make decisions based on critical thinking.
Definitely people voting based on superficial reasons. There's no rational and justifiable reason for voting superficial, while I can see several good reasons not to vote at all.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #32
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,961
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Unfortunately a lot of people vote on superficial reasons. I'm not sure what's worse, doing that or not voting at all. I'm sure there will be plenty of votes for McCain simply because of Obama's skin color and/or name, which is truly pathetic. The sad truth is a large portion of the population is not educated enough to make decisions based on critical thinking.
Yep.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #33
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It is interesting how little that is brought up. I guess there are no funny YT clips to go with it.
1. Obama was the only candidate to respond to the questionare regarding public financing and here's what he said:

Quote:
Q: If you are nominated for President in 2008 and your major opponents agree to forgo private funding in the general election campaign, will you participate in the residential public financing system?

A: I have been a long-time advocate for public financing of campaigns combined with free television and radio time as a way to reduce the influence of moneyed special interests. I introduced public financing legislation in the Illinois State Senate, and am the only 2008 candidate to have sponsored Senator Russ Feingold’s (D-WI) bill to reform the presidential public financing system. In February 2007, I proposed a novel way to preserve the strength of the public financing system in the 2008 election. My plan requires both major party candidates to agree on a fundraising truce, return excess money from donors, and stay within the public financing system for the general election. My proposal followed announcements by some presidential candidates that they would forgo public financing so they could raise unlimited funds in the general election. The Federal Election Commission ruled the proposal legal, and Senator John McCain (R-AZ) has already pledged to accept this fundraising pledge. If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election.
2. Obama said "I will peruse" not "I pledge." It might seen a semantics to the untrained eye but there's a huge difference. If I say I'm coming to your party, I am coming to your party unless there's some sort of emergency. If I say I'll try to come to your party, it's highly likely I won't because I suspect a) it's going to be boring or b) there will be too many sussages not enough vegtables.

3. Like him or not Obama is a genius. He basically planned ahead to make sure whatever he decded he was covered under the law.

4. He get's the majority, 97% I beileive, of his money from small donors. Why handicap yourself my limiting the reach of your message when you don't have to? Even if you look at it from the "bright side" he's saving tax payers money and he's not accountable to any big interest lobbyists.

5. McCain and the RNC don't exactly instill confidance in anyone because a) McCain can't really raise any money otherwise he would have opted out too, I mean he has been unscrupulous so offten during this election cycle it hard not to come to this conclusion, b) he has been using public financing for the last two months only which means from March 1st to to August 31st (6 months) he has been using money that didn't come from the public finance pool, c) he waited to see what Obama would do before he commited to public financing which begs the question "why?"


Sorry, this a non-issue...don't get irate and playa hate.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #34
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
While thats true there is also a group that is voting for him because of his skin color. So you have a problem with those buses the dems have that go around and pick people up promising them money for their time of they go and vote. Remember that group who the Dems taught how to vote but they used the wrong sample ballet. They then took them all to the polls and they voted for some unknown person then srceemed they where disinfranchised.
Huh? Please refresh my memory.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #35
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
1. Obama was the only candidate to respond to the questionare regarding public financing and here's what he said:



2. Obama said "I will peruse" not "I pledge." It might seen a semantics to the untrained eye but there's a huge difference. If I say I'm coming to your party, I am coming to your party unless there's some sort of emergency. If I say I'll try to come to your party, it's highly likely I won't because I suspect a) it's going to be boring or b) there will be too many sussages not enough vegtables.

3. Like him or not Obama is a genius. He basically planned ahead to make sure whatever he decded he was covered under the law.

4. He get's the majority, 97% I beileive, of his money from small donors. Why handicap yourself my limiting the reach of your message when you don't have to? Even if you look at it from the "bright side" he's saving tax payers money and he's not accountable to any big interest lobbyists.

5. McCain and the RNC don't exactly instill confidance in anyone because a) McCain can't really raise any money otherwise he would have opted out too, I mean he has been unscrupulous so offten during this election cycle it hard not to come to this conclusion, b) he has been using public financing for the last two months only which means from March 1st to to August 31st (6 months) he has been using money that didn't come from the public finance pool, c) he waited to see what Obama would do before he commited to public financing which begs the question "why?"


Sorry, this a non-issue...don't get irate and playa hate.
saden, so have you gone back to admiring Obama?

http://www.thewarpath.net/455906-post1.html (FISA with Telecom Immunity Passed)

Anyway, let's not act like if McCain had said the same exact thing you wouldn't be all over it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #36
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

No, I have always let it be that I am fond the truth.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #37
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
1. Obama was the only candidate to respond to the questionare regarding public financing and here's what he said:



2. Obama said "I will peruse" not "I pledge." It might seen a semantics to the untrained eye but there's a huge difference. If I say I'm coming to your party, I am coming to your party unless there's some sort of emergency. If I say I'll try to come to your party, it's highly likely I won't because I suspect a) it's going to be boring or b) there will be too many sussages not enough vegtables.

3. Like him or not Obama is a genius. He basically planned ahead to make sure whatever he decded he was covered under the law.

4. He get's the majority, 97% I beileive, of his money from small donors. Why handicap yourself my limiting the reach of your message when you don't have to? Even if you look at it from the "bright side" he's saving tax payers money and he's not accountable to any big interest lobbyists.

5. McCain and the RNC don't exactly instill confidance in anyone because a) McCain can't really raise any money otherwise he would have opted out too, I mean he has been unscrupulous so offten during this election cycle it hard not to come to this conclusion, b) he has been using public financing for the last two months only which means from March 1st to to August 31st (6 months) he has been using money that didn't come from the public finance pool, c) he waited to see what Obama would do before he commited to public financing which begs the question "why?"


Sorry, this a non-issue...don't get irate and playa hate.
I guess thats like when he said he would debate any where at any time then decided not to take McCains offer to do those town hall type debates. He also opted out of public financing before the sides ever met to discuss the rules which he said he would do.

Last edited by firstdown; 10-30-2008 at 12:52 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

That was probably better off for McCain, the town hall stuff wasn't his strength anyway.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #39
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That was probably better off for McCain, the town hall stuff wasn't his strength anyway.
Funny how when its Obama changing his mind its OK with you but if its McCain you point that out as a reason not to like or vote for him.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Unfortunately a lot of people vote on superficial reasons. I'm not sure what's worse, doing that or not voting at all.
I've never voted in any local, state or presidential election. I don't complain about previous administrations nor the current one. I don't have a problem with either Obama or McCain being president. Tax me more, tax me less. Whoop-dee-doo. A lot of people have it worse in this world than I ever will.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #41
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Funny how when its Obama changing his mind its OK with you but if its McCain you point that out as a reason not to like or vote for him.
Not quite, but aren't you doing the same thing?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #42
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Not quite, but aren't you doing the same thing?
How could I be doing the same thing if you say you not doing it. LOL
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
3. Like him or not Obama is a genius. He basically planned ahead to make sure whatever he decded he was covered under the law.
Does your shoulder get numb when you talk about Obama? You know, from the blood loss?
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #44
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Does your shoulder get numb when you talk about Obama? You know, from the blood loss?
hahaa, took me a bit to figure out
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #45
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

nothing wrong with getting " excited" about your candidate
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32012 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25