Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


obama informercial gameday thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #106
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Wait, didn't McCain's brother say "I'm involved in a very important family political project" on his voice mail? He is part of the McCain campaign in a very negative way (i.e. No. VA is communist country) therefore he's fair game, even more so with his total dickishness to the 911 operator.

I don't even know how Obama's aunt being an illegal immigrant is on equal footing to the 911 call.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 11-03-2008 at 02:51 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #107
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

I don't hold Obama responsible for his aunt, or his half-brother or any one in his family. Yet, ironically, I'm being asked to hold him responsible for leading the country for the next four years.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #108
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
So what if his aunt is here illegally? There roughly 12 million of them. What is the expectations here? He should take responsibility for her being here illegally? He should or already does support her financial to be here? If you're going after him go after him for his illegal immigration policy in which he is for eventually giving illegal aliens residency (something McCain was for before he was against).
I never mentioned her here illigally. I questioned the fact that Obama preaches "brother helping brother" but it seems he is not helping his own family members.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #109
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,776
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I never mentioned her here illigally. I questioned the fact that Obama preaches "brother helping brother" but it seems he is not helping his own family members.
Again, how close is he to her??

I'm guessing not very.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #110
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
How did he let this happen exactly? Is he responsible for the actions of all of his family members? Is he supposed to financially support everyone in his family? I thought you weren't in favor of socialism?

Apparently this Aunt BS is now being included in those brilliant robocalls going out. Pretty tasteless, but nothing new I guess.
Are you saying that the MCCain camp is sending out these robocalls?

I could not find anything on their relation only that she came here 9 years ago invited by Obama and he has had comunication with her. What I first saw is that she helped raise his father but that might not make sense because of her age. Trying to do a serch really gives nothing more on her but she did attend his swearing in back in 2005.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #111
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,776
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Are you saying that the MCCain camp is sending out these robocalls?

I could not find anything on their relation only that she came here 9 years ago invited by Obama and he has had comunication with her. What I first saw is that she helped raise his father but that might not make sense because of her age. Trying to do a serch really gives nothing more on her but she did attend his swearing in back in 2005.
The calls are stamped with his approval aren't they? Are you saying they aren't from the Republicans??
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #112
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The calls are stamped with his approval aren't they? Are you saying they aren't from the Republicans??
I was asking how you knew they where making these types of calls?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #113
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,644
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

I sware if one more actor tells me who to vote for I'm gonna pop (Matthew Broderick being the latest). Now I understand why actors tend to be democrats, as being an actor or writer usually means waiting tables at some point and a party that favors welfare and handouts is definately more appealing for an industry with that type of infastructure. However I wish that someone would admit point blank that the reason these celebrities are mindlesly endorsing Democrats is because it favors their industry not because they're great political analysts and as most of you know I hate people that mindlessly endorse a party (Crazy Evangelicals for Republicans just to be fair).

I don't know maybe I'm on edge because I don't know what we're going to get from either canidate. I mean if McCain gets elected we get a hot vice president and if Obama gets elected we get the coolest president ever so on that front it's a win win.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #114
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I sware if one more actor tells me who to vote for I'm gonna pop (Matthew Broderick being the latest). Now I understand why actors tend to be democrats, as being an actor or writer usually means waiting tables at some point and a party that favors welfare and handouts is definately more appealing for an industry with that type of infastructure. However I wish that someone would admit point blank that the reason these celebrities are mindlesly endorsing Democrats is because it favors their industry not because they're great political analysts and as most of you know I hate people that mindlessly endorse a party (Crazy Evangelicals for Republicans just to be fair).

I don't know maybe I'm on edge because I don't know what we're going to get from either canidate. I mean if McCain gets elected we get a hot vice president and if Obama gets elected we get the coolest president ever so on that front it's a win win.
Actors act and live their life in a false world of make believe.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #115
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Actors act and live their life in a false world of make believe.
i disagree. most of the stars started out working min. wage jobs, trying to catch a break. so they have literally seen both sides of the argument. who better to decide? although i don't know anyone that votes according to an endorsement
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #116
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i disagree. most of the stars started out working min. wage jobs, trying to catch a break. so they have literally seen both sides of the argument. who better to decide? although i don't know anyone that votes according to an endorsement
You give them way to much credit.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #117
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

It's not like there all actors are Democrats, they just happen to be the most vocal.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #118
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I sware if one more actor tells me who to vote for I'm gonna pop (Matthew Broderick being the latest). Now I understand why actors tend to be democrats, as being an actor or writer usually means waiting tables at some point and a party that favors welfare and handouts is definately more appealing for an industry with that type of infastructure. However I wish that someone would admit point blank that the reason these celebrities are mindlesly endorsing Democrats is because it favors their industry not because they're great political analysts and as most of you know I hate people that mindlessly endorse a party (Crazy Evangelicals for Republicans just to be fair).

I don't know maybe I'm on edge because I don't know what we're going to get from either canidate. I mean if McCain gets elected we get a hot vice president and if Obama gets elected we get the coolest president ever so on that front it's a win win.

Interesting, you call these Hollywood actors "mindless" and yet all you had to say about the candidates is "cool" and "hot." Mindless indeed.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #119
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Carlos Rogers with the quote of the year on the election, and unfortunately is probably something that shouldn't have been said:

Quote:
ďHey, like a lot of people said, one president gonna stick it up your butt, the other oneís gonna stick it further in the butt, so it donít matter, man. Whatever happens, happens. Thatís something we canít control.Ē
Post-Game Quotes: Smooth Cigars and Chest Hair - D.C. Sports Bog
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #120
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,644
Re: obama informercial gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Interesting, you call these Hollywood actors "mindless" and yet all you had to say about the candidates is "cool" and "hot." Mindless indeed.
It was a joke Saden. Maybe not a funny one, but I imagine you at least knew it was a joke.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28796 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25