Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Election Day Thread 2008

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #136
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That's McCain talking, not the McCain campaign. Big difference. I can't imagine the emotions going through his and Obama's heads right now. And their families.
It's unfortunate we didn't get to see more of that during the campaign.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #137
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It's unfortunate we didn't get to see more of that during the campaign.
I think we did early, but then it just faded away.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #138
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

I was in and out within 5 minutes. Very efficient polling station here in Washington county MD. The only thing they needed here was flag men for parking. There was a steady flow of cars coming and going. I think if I had waited much longer I would have been stuck in traffic just leading up to the polling place. Once you got parked it was pretty seamless. Getting out of the parking lot was no fun though.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #139
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,014
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
AMAN!!!!! Trailer Trash is right
Both of these quotes...ridiculous!

You guys want to talk about biased and racial but then call out rural supporters of a particular candidate as trailer trash? Take a look in the mirror and rethink those statements.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #140
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
One of the big stories of this election was the voter turnout, very good to see people getting out there and voting

The Associated Press: Voter turnout best in generations, maybe a century

Yeah I was really tired Tuesday morning and I was going to blow it off. Then I thought of the All State commercial where the lady in the wheel chair went through all this stuff so that she could get to the voting both. So I was like I am a serious lazy piece of crap if I don't go.

I as so GLAD I did it and when I saw Obama win I was like I had a part in this great American moment!

The easy part is over for Obama, now it is time for him and all of us to put our heads down and shovel ourselves out of this shit. Today is the start of a great new start! Amen!!!!!!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #141
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

I don't know about you guys but I'm beat today. I just had to stay up to see Obama speak and I'm really glad I did. The best thing about an election like that is for a few moments you can't help but feel incredibly optimistic about the future.

And of course the impact of electing an African American is so significant, I really feel that one day we'll look back on this as being a true turning point in regard to race relations in this country. For years we've heard this talk of how things have improved in that regard, well last night was a clear statement of just how far we have come. It wasn't that long ago when we had such a significant racial divide in this country. Obviously in certain areas of the country the problem still exists and probably will for a long time, but this represents a significant step forward no doubt. It's a good day to be an American.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #142
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 780
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

We took over Broad street in Richmond, VA and had a big-ol' block party! It was amazing.
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #143
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushead View Post
We took over Broad street in Richmond, VA and had a big-ol' block party! It was amazing.

I really wanted to go out and celebrate as well. =( Sadly I live mainly around Rep. so there was no dancing in the streets.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #144
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Congrats goes out to Obama and his history making speech.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #145
Registered User
 
johnerotten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: commonwealth of va
Posts: 795
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

i stayed up and watched it too.but i also have to say that mccain's concession speech was class all the way too.i hope playboy offers palinn 5 million to pose nude.i'd but that,would'nt you guys?
johnerotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #146
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Playboy is too classy. I'd rather see her in Hustler.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #147
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcjr14 View Post
Both of these quotes...ridiculous!

You guys want to talk about biased and racial but then call out rural supporters of a particular candidate as trailer trash? Take a look in the mirror and rethink those statements.

I never called out all rural supporters, but if you stop by the local 711 in culpeper va and hear a bunch of guys in camo talking about taking a shot on that "N****r" when he takes office... I'll call those ignorant fucks whatever I want.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #148
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post
I never called out all rural supporters, but if you stop by the local 711 in culpeper va and hear a bunch of guys in camo talking about taking a shot on that "N****r" when he takes office... I'll call those ignorant fucks whatever I want.
Respectfully, I don't believe that one anecdotal incident justifies the use of the word "rampant". Also, Obama garnered 45% of the vote in Culpeper, which also says something, I believe.

I don't live in Culpeper, btw. I've never been a fan of the place, either. But, I also don't believe your initial, blanket statement is fair.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #149
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

after re-reading my original statement I realize the error... however if it was one incident I wouldn't be compelled to make the comment...

The trailer park statement was more a dig, but I didn't intend to blanket rural republicans as completely ignorant... especially as I am a rural republican (I just have never voted for a republican president) I have seen my share of ignorant obama supporters as well, and equally racially motivated people voting for him because he's black... but the idea that as a country we are electing a muslim terrorist who is going to let the black panthers take over the fbi and all that bs is completely moronic... and I've heard a lot more of that bs than I ever expected to. It just kind of blows my mind.

Ive heard so much BS about him being a terrorist arab muslim radical racist who hates america its insane. Not just here, but I travelled accross the country this summer and had several instances where I was involved in political discussions and whenever he was brought up people really got ignorant. Not an Isolated incident by any means. Travel outside the city and bring him up... you'll see what I mean...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #150
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Election Day Thread 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post
after re-reading my original statement I realize the error... however if it was one incident I wouldn't be compelled to make the comment...

The trailer park statement was more a dig, but I didn't intend to blanket rural republicans as completely ignorant... especially as I am a rural republican (I just have never voted for a republican president) I have seen my share of ignorant obama supporters as well, and equally racially motivated people voting for him because he's black... but the idea that as a country we are electing a muslim terrorist who is going to let the black panthers take over the fbi and all that bs is completely moronic... and I've heard a lot more of that bs than I ever expected to. It just kind of blows my mind.

Ive heard so much BS about him being a terrorist arab muslim radical racist who hates america its insane. Not just here, but I travelled accross the country this summer and had several instances where I was involved in political discussions and whenever he was brought up people really got ignorant. Not an Isolated incident by any means. Travel outside the city and bring him up... you'll see what I mean...
But I guess all those things said about Palin was just part of politics?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28294 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25