Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Scary stuff going down in India

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #16
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Seriously, when is there not some scary shit going down in India? Just a few years ago I read a piece recounting the number of murders there committed on the basis of the caste system (usually a person killed by his/her own family). How f'd is that?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #17
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Almost as effed as honor killings around the world perpetrated by muslims, oh sorry, are part of a culture, not a religion, and occur in Arab communities in the United States and many countries, according to this chick.':

An honor killing occurs when a male relative decides to take the life of a female relative because, in his opinion, she has dishonored her family’s reputation by engaging in an "immoral" act. An immoral act could be that she was simply seen with a strange man or that she slept with a man. In many cases, women are killed just because of rumors or unfounded suspicions.

PBS-Speak Truth to Power-Telling Stories
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:04 AM   #18
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Almost as effed as honor killings around the world perpetrated by muslims, oh sorry, are part of a culture, not a religion, and occur in Arab communities in the United States and many countries, according to this chick.':

An honor killing occurs when a male relative decides to take the life of a female relative because, in his opinion, she has dishonored her family’s reputation by engaging in an "immoral" act. An immoral act could be that she was simply seen with a strange man or that she slept with a man. In many cases, women are killed just because of rumors or unfounded suspicions.

PBS-Speak Truth to Power-Telling Stories
If you're going to condemn the act by all means do so and I'm with you. It's abhorrent and evil, and should not be tolerated. Do us a favor though and get off that Muslims suck ark, m'kay. It wasn't too long ago the hooded White Knights of America a.k.a. KKK were lynching and hanging black men for simply looking at a white women all under the umbrellas of the cross.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #19
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

I would agree that radical Islam is a big cause for terrorism but again to me that is all about education. Most Muslims don't really carry those beliefs and those that do are unfortunately brainwashed at a young age.

Kind of like what goes on at Jesus Camp, but they are taught to kill.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #20
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If you're going to condemn the act by all means do so and I'm with you. It's abhorrent and evil, and should not be tolerated. Do us a favor though and get off that Muslims suck ark, m'kay. It wasn't too long ago the hooded White Knights of America a.k.a. KKK were lynching and hanging black men for simply looking at a white women all under the umbrellas of the cross.

So you're saying that it was religiously motivated? They hanged them and shouted the christian equivalent of 'allah akbar'?

Your analogy is sadly inadequate. Did we see thousands in the streets celebrating a hanging? No, because rightfully most people were appalled. Contrast this to the reaction around the ME in predominantly muslim countries where they handed out candy and held parades when the towers went down.

Any religious group that sets themselves up as 'holier than thou' suck, but then I'm an Atheist, what would I know.

Here's a few very obvious resons why I am disgusted with the death cult of islam:

It is a muslims duty to fight until their opponents submit to islam (surah 9:29).

A muslim must not take a jew or a a christian for a friend (surah 5:51).

A muslim apostate must be killed (surah 9:12).

Resisting islam is punished by death, crucifixion or the cutting off of the hands and feet
(surah 5:33).

Done, thanks for discussing it.

Thread Hell?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #21
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I would agree that radical Islam is a big cause for terrorism but again to me that is all about education. Most Muslims don't really carry those beliefs and those that do are unfortunately brainwashed at a young age.

Kind of like what goes on at Jesus Camp, but they are taught to kill.
That's actually very funny, I just don't think you really intended for it to be.

Terrorism, Poverty & Islam

God and Mammon: Does Poverty Cause Militant Islam? - article by Daniel Pipes

Defeating Global Poverty: Islam and Poverty

- HUMAN EVENTS
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 AM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Rat, you had this same bias a couple of years ago during that thread you started about Al Qaeda (actually some loon in Milwaukee) looking to blow up NFL stadiums. Way to pick out poorly translated versions of the Koran, would you like that I do the same with the Bible?

It's amazing that you think not a single Muslim has ever contributed anything positive to society. Amazing and insulting, but whatever you're entitled to your ignorance I suppose.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #23
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rat, you had this same bias a couple of years ago during that thread you started about Al Qaeda (actually some loon in Milwaukee) looking to blow up NFL stadiums. Way to pick out poorly translated versions of the Koran, would you like that I do the same with the Bible?

It's amazing that you think not a single Muslim has ever contributed anything positive to society. Amazing and insulting, but whatever you're entitled to your ignorance I suppose.

I don't think he cares, he's athiest.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #24
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rat, you had this same bias a couple of years ago during that thread you started about Al Qaeda (actually some loon in Milwaukee) looking to blow up NFL stadiums. Way to pick out poorly translated versions of the Koran, would you like that I do the same with the Bible?

It's amazing that you think not a single Muslim has ever contributed anything positive to society. Amazing and insulting, but whatever you're entitled to your ignorance I suppose.
Angry is correct, if you'd like to do that with the bible I'd enjoy it, I'm an Atheist.

Where did I say that 'not a single muslim', etc? Next you'll be waving the 'racist' flag. And you have the nerve to call me ignorant....

:confused-
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #25
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

I should have been more specific, but I was recalling this post

(you probably can't see the link since it's in thread hell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat
Please feel free to list some mathematical and scientific contributions that originated in Arabic countries from muslims. Just to clarify, not people visiting or discoveries 'rediscovered' by islam. Actual scientific advances made by islamic minds.
http://www.thewarpath.net/thread-hel...aeda-plan.html (Breaking News - CNN - Al Qaeda Plan NFL Stadium Attack)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #26
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I should have been more specific, but I was recalling this post

(you probably can't see the link since it's in thread hell)



http://www.thewarpath.net/thread-hel...aeda-plan.html (Breaking News - CNN - Al Qaeda Plan NFL Stadium Attack)
Again, where am I saying 'Not a single muslim has ever contributed anything positive to society' I asked a serious question which was never answered.

Well, can you?

SS, I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm genuinely interested. It's a subject I've been reading about for decades, way before it was 'cool' and I'm still surprised at the amount of misinformation out there. Writings of Kamel Ataturk and Churchill triggered this enquiry, should you care.

Last edited by RedskinRat; 12-05-2008 at 01:50 PM.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #27
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Scary stuff going down in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Again, where am I saying 'Not a single muslim has ever contributed anything positive to society' I asked a serious question which was never answered.

Well, can you?

SS, I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm genuinely interested. It's a subject I've been reading about for decades, way before it was 'cool' and I'm still surprised at the amount of misinformation out there. Writings of Kamel Ataturk and Churchill triggered this enquiry, should you care.
I thought I made it clear I wasn't specific enough in my original post

And I'm not getting into this again with you (I believe we had a PM exchange over this a couple of years back) Any example I gave you dismissed, so let's just drop this and not respond to each other anymore on this. You're not going to change your opinion on this, and I'm not going to find any reason to respect it.

I do agree with you that I hope to see more out of Thomas and Kelly this weekend.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26891 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25