Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Black Friday Mayhem

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Black Friday Mayhem

No one posted any Black Friday stories? I know some of you guys went out there to get cheap gifts for your wife/husband/kids/yourself.

Any crazy stories?

Apparently a Walmart worker in New York got trampled to death and no one even stopped to see if he was okay.

Sought: Wal-Mart shoppers who trampled NY worker

I also heard about a story at a Toys R Us in Cali where 2 women, both of whom were accompanied by men (boyfriends i assume) got into an argument over a toy and both of the guys pulled out guns and shot each other.

I remember last year I heard about a woman at Kohl's in the area who was pregnant, her water broke and she wouldn't even get out of line.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 AM   #2
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,813
Re: Black Friday Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
No one posted any Black Friday stories? I know some of you guys went out there to get cheap gifts for your wife/husband/kids/yourself.

Any crazy stories?

Apparently a Walmart worker in New York got trampled to death and no one even stopped to see if he was okay.

Sought: Wal-Mart shoppers who trampled NY worker

I also heard about a story at a Toys R Us in Cali where 2 women, both of whom were accompanied by men (boyfriends i assume) got into an argument over a toy and both of the guys pulled out guns and shot each other.

I remember last year I heard about a woman at Kohl's in the area who was pregnant, her water broke and she wouldn't even get out of line.
I had to work, I work at Target. I went in at 10 in the morning and it wasn't that bad, it looked pretty similar to a busy Saturday, the only difference was that we had like 3 times the business in electronics. I was put on restocking team and most of the stuff I pulled was for toys and electronics, but I didn't get too much pulled because about 6 of the 8 hours I worked went to helping people out lol. We had 8 people in electronics and there was never a moment we could spare, we were either getting key items restocked or helping guests.

But honestly it wasn't as crazy as last year when I worked at Toys-R-Us. That day was so busy I worked from midnight to noon and I didn't even get the chance to clock out for my lunch break.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Black Friday Mayhem

I went fishing and by all of the boats out on the water I was not the only one with that idea. I enjoy saving money but its just not worth fighting the crowds. We do go to the mall the night before christams eve to watch the people running around buying what ever they can get there hands on. We just sit at the food area and have some dinner watching people shop. I started this with my daughter years back and we had so much fun laughing at people its become a little family tradition.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,972
Re: Black Friday Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I had to work, I work at Target. I went in at 10 in the morning and it wasn't that bad, it looked pretty similar to a busy Saturday, the only difference was that we had like 3 times the business in electronics. I was put on restocking team and most of the stuff I pulled was for toys and electronics, but I didn't get too much pulled because about 6 of the 8 hours I worked went to helping people out lol. We had 8 people in electronics and there was never a moment we could spare, we were either getting key items restocked or helping guests.

But honestly it wasn't as crazy as last year when I worked at Toys-R-Us. That day was so busy I worked from midnight to noon and I didn't even get the chance to clock out for my lunch break.
When I was in college I worked at the one American Eagle and the day I hated MUCH more than Black Friday was the day after Xmas.
I sort of liked working Black Friday because while it was hectic, at least people were buying stuff so you felt like you were doing something productive. But I felt like the day after Xmas was all about doing exchanges or returns. It was much more annoying, and I felt like the customers had a worse attitude.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,972
Re: Black Friday Mayhem

This year I made the mistake of going to Home Depot on Black Friday to get a fake Christmas tree (which has only Redskins stuff on it). I was only there for a few minutes, but I came dangerously close to losing my mind and ramming people with my cart.
Luckily I was only in the checkout line for about 2 minutes.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,593
Re: Black Friday Mayhem

Are there really that many good deals?????

I didn't see one thing that made me even want to go out at 1 pm to buy stuff never mind stand in line at 1 am.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,536
Black Friday WTF?

Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

A Shopping Guernica Captures the Moment
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 AM   #8
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: Black Friday WTF?

I hope they find every one of those people and put them in jail. Is a couple hundred dollars really worth that to you?
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #9
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,313
Re: Black Friday WTF?

I'd pay $100 extra just so I can sleep late and not wait in line...

I'm with Daseal, I hope they prosecute everyone involved.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,536
Re: Black Friday WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I'd pay $100 extra just so I can sleep late and not wait in line...

I'm with Daseal, I hope they prosecute everyone involved.
I always say the same thing about Black Friday, I'd rather pay more than deal with that cluster F.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.22357 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25