Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #31
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
See I think there is a simple answer. You and I don t tell other people how to raise their kids. If the kids are being endangered clearly and objectively then I am all for removal. If the kids are being taught something that a lot people think sucks then that's part of living in the land of the free in my opinion. We need to realize that everything can't always be peaches and cream when people have the freedoms we do in this country. A lot of people abuse them but when we look at the whole picture and our freedoms, our country rocks.
So if the kids are being taught hate, antisemitism, racism, etc., that doesn't constitute an unsafe environment or borderline abuse?

What are we defining as "endangering" here?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #32
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
You're comparing a boy named Sue to a boy named after one of the most infamous and vile human beings to have walked the face of this earth? C'mon, you've got to do better than that.
No I used the name as an example of another name that would cause a kid to get joked on from other kids. Maybe we have this backwards and with a name like that kids might be scared to joke on them.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So if the kids are being taught hate, antisemitism, racism, etc., that doesn't constitute an unsafe environment or borderline abuse?

What are we defining as "endangering" here?
It shouldn't matter what society deems safe? What should matter is that we are a country of laws. Unless they we're beating their children or teaching them how to fight dogs it doesn't matter what ideology they teach they're children.
Who are we to tell these people what to think? What if I thought Communism was the greatest ever and that filthy Anglo-Americans need to be exterminated along with Capitalism? If I named my son Pol Pot Stalin would you say I'm abusive? No, you'd elect me to Congress and I'd give you national health care just like they have in Cuba. he he he. I'm just kidding.

Perhaps if I told my children that the Earth was created in seven days and that they'll live forever if they drink the blood of a Jewish carpenter?

It seems almost all of our freedoms are gone. The last two to go will be our freedom to bear arms and the unwritten freedom of thought. Imagine if you felt that global warming was a ponzie scheme and that people who smoke aren't stupid. Well that's how I feel when I watch TV.
Just like the Weimar Germans back then we think we are free. When they can come in and take your children or nationalize the banks and industry it's over. Republic = Done.
It really doesn't matter. THE MOB RULES!
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #34
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

One thing I thought of is people write and sell books that teach how to build bombs and other thing that if done are against the law. Are we now going to throw these people in jail.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #35
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
One thing I thought of is people write and sell books that teach how to build bombs and other thing that if done are against the law. Are we now going to throw these people in jail.
Free speech is not without bounds. Your speech must pass the "imminent lawless action" test otherwise your ass is headed to the pen. You might be able to get away with writing and distributing a pamphlet that describes how to build a fertilizer bomb because that information is common knowledge, try publishing a material on "How to Build a Dirty Bomb" and you'll be well on your way to pleasuring Big Bob in the pen.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #36
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,213
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Free speech is not without bounds. Your speech must pass the "imminent lawless action" test otherwise your ass is headed to the pen. You might be able to get away with writing and distributing a pamphlet that describes how to build a fertilizer bomb because that information is common knowledge, try publishing a material on "How to Build a Dirty Bomb" and you'll be well on your way to pleasuring Big Bob in the pen.
That must not apply to the www, or perhaps it is the difficulty in the catch and prosecution. That type of info is readily available on the web
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #37
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
That must not apply to the www, or perhaps it is the difficulty in the catch and prosecution. That type of info is readily available on the web
Oh, it most certainly does (in this case the research never got out into the wild and was classified). It is difficult to catch someone if you are dealing with someone that knows what they are doing or is located in a non-friendly country. Your average Joe and Jane, however, can easily be traced.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #38
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So if the kids are being taught hate, antisemitism, racism, etc., that doesn't constitute an unsafe environment or borderline abuse?

What are we defining as "endangering" here?
What about children raised in extreme fundamentalist Islamic households? Many of these children are being taught hate and raised in an anti-semitic / anti-christian, racist environment.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #39
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Free speech is not without bounds. Your speech must pass the "imminent lawless action" test otherwise your ass is headed to the pen. You might be able to get away with writing and distributing a pamphlet that describes how to build a fertilizer bomb because that information is common knowledge, try publishing a material on "How to Build a Dirty Bomb" and you'll be well on your way to pleasuring Big Bob in the pen.
Well then these parents are not teaching their kids anything that's not common knowledge. I don't like what they have done but I just don't see how the goverment can take these children away on their poor tast.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #40
Camp Scrub
 
757SkinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Near Hoss's!
Posts: 61
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So if the kids are being taught hate, antisemitism, racism, etc., that doesn't constitute an unsafe environment or borderline abuse?

What are we defining as "endangering" here?


This goes on more than most people are aware of, and is not necessarily limited to white folks.

Should the gov't go in and take custody of all kids named, Joseph (Stalin) or Harry (Truman, I mean, c'mon, the atomic bomb), Jean (of the Rawanda genocide)...or any other mass murderer? A name is a name. Granted, it's plainly obvious the parents beliefs, but I don't believe that, and that alone, should be cause to take the kids from their parents. Do I think they (the parents) are wrong? Of course. Maybe they should be monitored? Idk. I'm sure that these kids, will always be on the eyes and ears of the local Childrens advocacy groups, and, unless they move away, will always be under scrutiny.

Apparently, The Nazi Twins are still with their racist parents...

The only reason we know about this case, in particular, is because the media got hold of it.

...if it was all about one's name, Obama would never have been elected. IMPO.
757SkinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757SkinsGirl View Post
This goes on more than most people are aware of, and is not necessarily limited to white folks.

Should the gov't go in and take custody of all kids named, Joseph (Stalin) or Harry (Truman, I mean, c'mon, the atomic bomb), Jean (of the Rawanda genocide)...or any other mass murderer? A name is a name. Granted, it's plainly obvious the parents beliefs, but I don't believe that, and that alone, should be cause to take the kids from their parents. Do I think they (the parents) are wrong? Of course. Maybe they should be monitored? Idk. I'm sure that these kids, will always be on the eyes and ears of the local Childrens advocacy groups, and, unless they move away, will always be under scrutiny.

Apparently, The Nazi Twins are still with their racist parents...

The only reason we know about this case, in particular, is because the media got hold of it.

...if it was all about one's name, Obama would never have been elected. IMPO.
Wasn't it already said that the children were not removed solely because of their names?
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Wasn't it already said that the children were not removed solely because of their names?
Yes, according to the mother a neighbor accused them of abuse

Mother of children named after Nazis: We didn't abuse Adolf Hitler and his siblings
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #43
Camp Scrub
 
757SkinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Near Hoss's!
Posts: 61
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Yea. I saw that. Can't share my own opinions, tho?
757SkinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757SkinsGirl View Post
Yea. I saw that. Can't share my own opinions, tho?
Sorry, I wasn't trying to invalidate your opinion. It seems that there are several posts that suggest that the only reason the kids were taken was because of their names.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #45
Camp Scrub
 
757SkinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Near Hoss's!
Posts: 61
Re: NJ kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

's all good. Off to work.


Peace
757SkinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30253 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25