Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F... winter

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #61
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,716
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Did you slide on ice?
I think there was ice under the snow around here (bwi area). I was driving in the lane and my back would start sliding. I just got new tires so they are not worn. and the parking lot at my work has a thin layer of ice under it. I hate ice.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #62
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: F... winter

I made it to work okay, it just took longer than normal. Now I'm a little concerned with how the wind will be on the drive home. They were saying it we could have +30mph winds later today, and that sort of thing usually whips my jeep around quite a bit. Should be interesting.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #63
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I made it to work okay, it just took longer than normal. Now I'm a little concerned with how the wind will be on the drive home. They were saying it we could have +30mph winds later today, and that sort of thing usually whips my jeep around quite a bit. Should be interesting.

Pick up a fat chick on the way home. The extra weight might keep you from whipping all over the place.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #64
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: F... winter

washingtonpost.com | Camera Works

that's just too much excitement for one day right there.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #65
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: F... winter

Main roads in the DC area are fine. I waited until the snow let up and headed in a few hours late, but the drive was cake. No problem whatsoever. Even the side streets aren't that bad. It hadn't been cold enough before the snow for any type of accumulation on the roads I guess.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #66
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,793
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
washingtonpost.com | Camera Works

that's just too much excitement for one day right there.
lol 4 inches and the city is in a panic?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #67
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
lol 4 inches and the city is in a panic?
Standard for the DC area. I remember one time when I was in high school they actually cancelled school for the following day based on the forecast. A single flake hadn't fallen and we already had a snow day. A light dusting causes this area to go into lock down mode. It's hilarious.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #68
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
lol 4 inches and the city is in a panic?
we don't have the right equipment and we made four billion people trying to do whatever they needed to do anyways. yay snow traffic.

it sucks.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #69
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,467
Re: F... winter

Took my wife almost 90 minutes to get from Frederick to King Farm in Rockville this morning (22 or so miles). Took me a while to get around Frederick at 8:15, but by 10:15, when taking my daughter to the doctor, the main roads were just wet, and by 11:15, even the secondaries that had seen plows were decent. I'm just wary of the ice we'll see tonight once the sun goes down.

But yes, anything over 2 inches and the DC area goes into snow-anarchy. If you aren't driving too slow causing people to slide, you're turned on your roof like a turtle because you figured the $60k SUV you bought is invincible to ice and snow. Or you take your vette out because it's the only vehicle you own and get stuck 17 times within 2 miles of your house.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #70
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: F... winter

Hey Bohnzie, do you remember the one big snow storm we got at Salisbury during my freshman/your senior year, with the massive snowball fight? That had to be one of my favorite days in college.
Just about every person who lived on campus got drunk, went outside and engaged in one of the greatest snowball fights in history. People filled laundry baskets with pre-made snowballs and used dorms to flank behind the masses. At one point there was a group of about 100 people charged the quad while blowing those big plastic horns (like The Horn guy at Caps games) to signal their attack. It was like a scene out of Braveheart or something.
That was back when I actually looked forward to a good snowfall. I miss those days.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #71
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Took my wife almost 90 minutes to get from Frederick to King Farm in Rockville this morning (22 or so miles). Took me a while to get around Frederick at 8:15, but by 10:15, when taking my daughter to the doctor, the main roads were just wet, and by 11:15, even the secondaries that had seen plows were decent. I'm just wary of the ice we'll see tonight once the sun goes down.

But yes, anything over 2 inches and the DC area goes into snow-anarchy. If you aren't driving too slow causing people to slide, you're turned on your roof like a turtle because you figured the $60k SUV you bought is invincible to ice and snow. Or you take your vette out because it's the only vehicle you own and get stuck 17 times within 2 miles of your house.
Or call out for the day or use public transportation.

400hp + RWD + snow and slush = miss guided torpedo
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,467
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Hey Bohnzie, do you remember the one big snow storm we got at Salisbury during my freshman/your senior year, with the massive snowball fight? That had to be one of my favorite days in college.
Just about every person who lived on campus got drunk, went outside and engaged in one of the greatest snowball fights in history. People filled laundry baskets with pre-made snowballs and used dorms to flank behind the masses. At one point there was a group of about 100 people charged the quad while blowing those big plastic horns (like The Horn guy at Caps games) to signal their attack. It was like a scene out of Braveheart or something.
That was back when I actually looked forward to a good snowfall. I miss those days.
Yes I do remember this...there were several snowball fights all over campus. We had one between Chesapeake and St. Martin's...where us on the 2nd floor walkway of Chesapeake had a distinct tactical advantage of holding the higher ground. I sat on a stool, beer in hand (non-distinct cup of course), throwing snowballs down at passersby. Definitely fun times.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,467
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Or call out for the day or use public transportation.

400hp + RWD + snow and slush = miss guided torpedo
I was on the GW northbound during one snowstorm...took me 35 minutes to get from the Memorial Bridge to just past Spout Run. Why? Because some idiot in his corvette was trying to get up the steep incline after Spout Run. Spinning his wheels the entire way...dumbass should have stayed home.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #74
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: F... winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
I was on the GW northbound during one snowstorm...took me 35 minutes to get from the Memorial Bridge to just past Spout Run. Why? Because some idiot in his corvette was trying to get up the steep incline after Spout Run. Spinning his wheels the entire way...dumbass should have stayed home.
I saw something similar today with this guy on Powder Mill road. I happened to be right behind him. I got around him and made it to the top of the incline. In my rearview he was completing a 180.

And yes it was a Vette.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #75
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,014
Re: F... winter

71 here in Austin today...78 tomorrow, and 80's by the weekend. Hopefully you northeasters will get some warmth soon.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35155 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25