Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #16
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If he were to piss it would be. Sorry, I couldn't contain myself.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #17
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Smoking tobacco through a bong would just burn the mess out of your lungs. I haven't seen the picture. Was it a hookah or a bong? Anyway he admitted he was smoking pot. I also hear that he got a DUI too but that didn't make the spot light. It's a shame to see people screw up their lives with drugs and alcohol, especially when they've got so much going for them.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Smoking tobacco through a bong would just burn the mess out of your lungs. I haven't seen the picture. Was it a hookah or a bong? Anyway he admitted he was smoking pot. I also hear that he got a DUI too but that didn't make the spot light. It's a shame to see people screw up their lives with drugs and alcohol, especially when they've got so much going for them.
The DUI was after the Athens Olympics in '04. But yeah, he's one of the most recognizable people in the world- just smoke your bong in your own home. I've got no issue with partying. He's an extremely rich 23 year old who is probably getting more ass than a toilet seat. I expect him to live it up a bit in the offseason. He's just being dumb about it.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #19
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I don't think any less of him, but I never thought he was impressive as he's made to be anyhow. He won a bunch of medals, but he wasn't even the most valuable swimmer in any of his relays.
Sorry but thats just not correct. Won a bunch of medals? He won more gold medals then anyone in history.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #20
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
when i was in tampa, alot of the bars had smoking rooms. am not sure what the hell they were smoking, buit it was legal. just a thought
Just a guess but it might be hookah, aka flavored tobacco, which is perfectly legal here in Virginia and probably everywhere else too.

Honestly I'm not that suprised by this. He's a young millionaire who knows he can get as much ass as he wants. He probably was planning going into November to do as much partying as he could seeing as how that's when he's least likely to get tested.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #21
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,929
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I don't think any less of him, but I never thought he was impressive as he's made to be anyhow. He won a bunch of medals, but he wasn't even the most valuable swimmer in any of his relays.
Are you serious? Don't know a lot about swimming I am guessing? The fact that he relayed on that many relays in that many disciplines is just plain ridiculous. And take it to the bank...if he focused on any one of the four strokes he'd be the best in the world at any distance.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #22
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Are you serious? Don't know a lot about swimming I am guessing? The fact that he relayed on that many relays in that many disciplines is just plain ridiculous. And take it to the bank...if he focused on any one of the four strokes he'd be the best in the world at any distance.
You are correct, most swimmers have a stroke (maybe 2) that they are really good at, and their other strokes leave much to be desired.

For instance, my daughter made regionals for her backstroke. She swims like a dolphin doing the back stroke, but her freestyle is horrendous. There are actually jellyfish that can cover ground faster than my daughter when she swims freestyle or any other style for that matter.

At the world level to be that good at that many strokes is beyond amazing because most swimmers focus on 1 to 2 strokes.

Do you know how hard it was for me to avoid the words "my daughter" and "on her back" in the same sentences?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #23
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I don't think any less of him, but I never thought he was impressive as he's made to be anyhow. He won a bunch of medals, but he wasn't even the most valuable swimmer in any of his relays.

Nah, dude is sick. winning 8 medals by definition is sick. Winning 7 of them in world record time and 1 of them in Olympic record time takes you to the untouchably sick plateau.



Give him his dues, he's the ebola virus of sickness.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #24
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

This is a great way to maintain his visibilty since we generally only care about swimming once every four years.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #25
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

saden, is he just a baller?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #26
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
saden, is he just a baller?
He's a baller's baller...a real shot caller.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,980
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Anyone live near Baltimore? The way they're talking about this on the news it's like they caught Jesus H. himself toking up. It's hilarious!

My favorite part of this whole thing is the awkward way most of these sports writers and TV anchors talk about the bong that he was using, like they've never heard of one before. "Phelps was pictured taking the pot using a glass smoking 'bong' device, that, according to reports, some folks apparently use to with their marijuana-weeds."
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,854
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Anyone live near Baltimore? The way they're talking about this on the news it's like they caught Jesus H. himself toking up. It's hilarious!

My favorite part of this whole thing is the awkward way most of these sports writers and TV anchors talk about the bong that he was using, like they've never heard of one before. "Phelps was pictured taking the pot using a glass smoking 'bong' device, that, according to reports, some folks apparently use to with their marijuana-weeds."
OMG... "taking the pot"? It's like the writer came straight out of "Reefer Madness."

I usually hate her, but Sally Jenkins actually had a pretty good article today about this:

Phelps incident

You can tell she was a total stoner back in the day... she even mentions the Roor!
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #29
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
OMG... "taking the pot"? It's like the writer came straight out of "Reefer Madness."

I usually hate her, but Sally Jenkins actually had a pretty good article today about this:

Phelps incident

You can tell she was a total stoner back in the day... she even mentions the Roor!
And she refers to weed as "killer nuggets," and smoking it as "getting sweetly baked on hay." Nice.

That article was a good perspective piece.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Michael Phelps: Photographed Smoking a Bong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
The DUI was after the Athens Olympics in '04. But yeah, he's one of the most recognizable people in the world- just smoke your bong in your own home. I've got no issue with partying. He's an extremely rich 23 year old who is probably getting more ass than a toilet seat. I expect him to live it up a bit in the offseason. He's just being dumb about it.
The really funny thing is that if Michael Phelps actually were to smoke his bong in his own home, he actually would not be in violation of the law. Marijuana possession is legal in moderation on private property in Ann Arbor.

Still, he's got to be smarter than this.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28961 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25