Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #16
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Tim Geithner failed to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes (he paid his income tax) and when he was told by the Obama people that he owed 25K he paid it with interest on top of it. I don't see how he ripped off the IRS, he paid them with fines on top of it. Even Mark Rich didn't ripoff the IRS. Wesley Snipes thought he could ripoff the IRS. You really can't ripoff the IRS.
Thats true for 2001 and 2002. He was also audited for 2003 and 2004 and failed to disclose other income for those years. He has a history of failing to pay taxes and now he is going to run the IRS.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #17
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the only one i remember saying this was McCain
Obama said the same thing.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the only one i remember saying this was McCain
Go back and listen to the debates. They both said it. If McCain had been the only one to say it then so what? It's still pork.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #19
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

oh, i agree. pork is pork. but i wish the knew the last time ANY bill was passed without any pork. probably never
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
oh, i agree. pork is pork. but i wish the knew the last time ANY bill was passed without any pork. probably never
That isn't change, just more of the same old same old.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #21
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Daschle Withdraws Nomination

The Note: Daschle Done: Big Blow to Obama
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

More withdraw

Political Punch: Another Tax Problem for Obama Nominee
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #23
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Darn, now what do we bash the Dems about?!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #24
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

I'm really bothered by all of this quite frankly. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I'm just glad he stepped down. I hate to say, but I think we're about to see more public officials, not cabinet per se, who have "fudged" their taxes. The spotlight is on this administration like no other. But deservedly so.

I think the President should make some kind of statement accounting for his choices in these two (three) instances. Even if he's not entirely at fault or was in the dark.

I bet everyone's scrambling like crazy right now at the White House making sure another shoe doesn't drop. I will see it's good to get this out of the way right now.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #25
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm really bothered by all of this quite frankly. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I'm just glad he stepped down. I hate to say, but I think we're about to see more public officials, not cabinet per se, who have "fudged" their taxes. The spotlight is on this administration like no other. But deservedly so.

I think the President should make some kind of statement accounting for his choices in these two (three) instances. Even if he's not entirely at fault or was in the dark.

I bet everyone's scrambling like crazy right now at the White House making sure another shoe doesn't drop. I will see it's good to get this out of the way right now.
I personaly do not have a problem when Obama or another President chooses someone then we find out they had an issue hidden. Its what they do when they find out these things that concerns me. I always wondered why Dem's thought it was OK to over tax the rich because most of them are also rich and now I know. They just cheat on their taxes.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #26
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

If you're going to pedal transparency, good character and judgment you better make sure you're people are clean. I am glad that Obama is dumping these people, except for Timy G they're all retarded.

Did Nancy Killefer really think she could apply for a job that promised to make the government "more effective, more efficient, and more transparent" and no one would find out she has a 1 million dollar lien against her? What a f*cking moron!
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If you're going to pedal transparency, good character and judgment you better make sure you're people are clean. I am glad that Obama is dumping these people, except for Timy G they're all retarded.

Did Nancy Killefer really think she could apply for a job that promised to make the government "more effective, more efficient, and more transparent" and no one would find out she has a 1 million dollar lien against her? What a f*cking moron!
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #28
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I personaly do not have a problem when Obama or another President chooses someone then we find out they had an issue hidden. Its what they do when they find out these things that concerns me. I always wondered why Dem's thought it was OK to over tax the rich because most of them are also rich and now I know. They just cheat on their taxes.

Neither do I, usually. But when was the last time we saw an incoming administration with such high expectations? And when was the last time we combed through each cabinet selection with a fine tooth comb? Not in my lifetime, that's for sure.

No, I'm not suggesting that the President is responsible for these folks' actions, but I do think his theme has taken somewhat of a hit.

As far as Dems taxing the rich and cheating on their taxes? Yeah, I'm sure this is true across the board.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #29
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,530
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If you're going to pedal transparency, good character and judgment you better make sure you're people are clean. I am glad that Obama is dumping these people, except for Timy G they're all retarded.

Did Nancy Killefer really think she could apply for a job that promised to make the government "more effective, more efficient, and more transparent" and no one would find out she has a 1 million dollar lien against her? What a f*cking moron!
Nice. I am not really intending to bash Obama with this thread. I want him to succeed. It just seems like, after all the "Change" rhetoric, we are getting more of the same. It is particularly eggregious after that lengthy application process that most applicants were required to go through.

I think it was you, Saden, who said one of your big concerns was that it seemed the lobbyists were running the shop. Who in particular were you concerned with and why? (If it wasn't Saden, then this is directed to whomever made the statement) (yes, I am too lazy to search for it).
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #30
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Updated: Daschle Withdraws; Didn't these guys have to fill out an application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Neither do I, usually. But when was the last time we saw an incoming administration with such high expectations? And when was the last time we combed through each cabinet selection with a fine tooth comb? Not in my lifetime, that's for sure.

No, I'm not suggesting that the President is responsible for these folks' actions, but I do think his theme has taken somewhat of a hit.

As far as Dems taxing the rich and cheating on their taxes? Yeah, I'm sure this is true across the board.
Does anyone know how these issues have been discovered? 12th as far as I know all cabinet members are combed through pretty good I think he has just had bad luck with his last few choices. There's no way for president to know this info unless the person comes clean before they are picked.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28795 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25