Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


advice needed...

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #136
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
GMScud sorry for your childhood and the crap you had to go through. The point of my outrage was not the divorce, it was the point that these kids are basically being messed with by having to call Jasnro daddy or papi (even if it is by their own choice they should be corrected).

How would you feel if after your parents divorce your dad ask you to call one of his GF mom or mommy? Would that not have have messed with your mind?
Actually papi in the South is more what child would call their grand dad.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #137
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: advice needed...

maybe they think jsarno is David Ortiz
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #138
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,950
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
maybe they think jsarno is David Ortiz
I've thought that for a while.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #139
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,301
Re: advice needed...

I must respectfully, and delicately, back mredskins here. While his choice of words may have been poor, I understand the general sentiment. I do think that if you come onto this website and provide information to the public/membership, then they have the right to judge you for it. This forum encourages the sharing of opinions, and negative opinions are no less valid. That said (and I've learned the hard way on this), it must be done with civility.

But I get the general sentiment and think the following:

1) This decision was rushed into. There was a little back and forth between New Mexico and San Diego to see her, but ultimately a decision like this should take more time. "Doing what makes you happy" is otherwise known as thinking with your dick (figuratively), and only gets you in trouble.

2) I don't think Julia's motives are purely for love. I think she's in it for security, safety, and financial support. If it were love, she wouldn't have gone so many years with no contact.

3) I think jsarno has acted irresponsibly by going on a vacation when he has no gainful employment, and has no prospects for adequately supporting a family of four.

4) While the previous husband has been abusive, I see the children as hardly better off today. Jsarno's decision making leading up to this point leads me to believe they still lack a quality male role model in their lives. And that's very sad.

5) Until you're living with the children as a full-time parent who actually takes care of them, provides discipline, structure, routine and comfort, it doesn't matter how much they like to go to Chucky Cheese with you. Because of the tendency to make decisions so selfishly, I don't think jsarno has it in him to be a quality parent. Being a good father takes work, commitment, dedication, dependability, and most of all sacrifice. To date, jsarno has exhibited none of these qualities.

Respectfully, I'm not fond of the way this situation has been handled. I would be surprised if it turns out well in the long haul. But no doubt I'll never know the complete truth, it certainly won't be revealed in this thread.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:07 AM   #140
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: advice needed...

Dr. Phil that's a bit much don't you think? You done gone to places you don't belong doc.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 AM   #141
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: advice needed...

Determined to stay out of here.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:56 AM   #142
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I must respectfully, and delicately, back mredskins here. While his choice of words may have been poor, I understand the general sentiment. I do think that if you come onto this website and provide information to the public/membership, then they have the right to judge you for it. This forum encourages the sharing of opinions, and negative opinions are no less valid. That said (and I've learned the hard way on this), it must be done with civility.

But I get the general sentiment and think the following:

1) This decision was rushed into. There was a little back and forth between New Mexico and San Diego to see her, but ultimately a decision like this should take more time. "Doing what makes you happy" is otherwise known as thinking with your dick (figuratively), and only gets you in trouble.

2) I don't think Julia's motives are purely for love. I think she's in it for security, safety, and financial support. If it were love, she wouldn't have gone so many years with no contact.

3) I think jsarno has acted irresponsibly by going on a vacation when he has no gainful employment, and has no prospects for adequately supporting a family of four.

4) While the previous husband has been abusive, I see the children as hardly better off today. Jsarno's decision making leading up to this point leads me to believe they still lack a quality male role model in their lives. And that's very sad.

5) Until you're living with the children as a full-time parent who actually takes care of them, provides discipline, structure, routine and comfort, it doesn't matter how much they like to go to Chucky Cheese with you. Because of the tendency to make decisions so selfishly, I don't think jsarno has it in him to be a quality parent. Being a good father takes work, commitment, dedication, dependability, and most of all sacrifice. To date, jsarno has exhibited none of these qualities.

Respectfully, I'm not fond of the way this situation has been handled. I would be surprised if it turns out well in the long haul. But no doubt I'll never know the complete truth, it certainly won't be revealed in this thread.
I agree on many points, and I'm not even a parent so I can't fully appreciate all of what a parent would be thinking. I think though that what you've outlined is a lot different from just spitting out "you're a royal piece of shit"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 AM   #143
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,689
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I agree on many points, and I'm not even a parent so I can't fully appreciate all of what a parent would be thinking. I think though that what you've outlined is a lot different from just spitting out "you're a royal piece of shit"

I apologized for my comment and at the time I was reading this I pictured someone doing that to my son. After I had raised/ raising him for someone to swoop in and try to tell or allow them to call them Papi or Dad would send me through the roof.

Thanks S10 for the backing, I agree whole heartly with you.

I really think like S10 said you got to live with these kids to find out how it is going to work out. Most people can easily befriend childern they are very trusting and enjoy any adult attention. I could take my son to Chucky Cheese every day and he would love and like the hell out of me, does this make me a good parent? Ah no...

I also find it incrediable how many people back Jsarno on this site after the guy has been a know it all ass to most of us but I guess you guys like the abuse. Is it the flowers he sends to your hospital bed after beating you up the night before that makes you want to take him back?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 AM   #144
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah but if everything Jsarno is saying is the truth, this guy has had ample opportunity to be a good father/husband and has failed thus far. Hopefully he'll still be a part of his kids' lives, but it sounds like he has to make some changes.

Look, shit happens. My parents divorced when I was 14 and my brother was 10. It was tough, but leading up to the split they were both so unhappy in their marriage, and it trickled down to me and my brother. It was tough and awkward for a while, especially when my Dad started dating other women right away. Sure they both made some mistakes. Who doesn't in life? They have both since re-married, and I went from having two miserable parents to having four very happy parents.
If I'm reading this right you think he had child with his first wife which I think is not the case but I have only read about 90% of this thread.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #145
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I apologized for my comment and at the time I was reading this I pictured someone doing that to my son. After I had raised/ raising him for someone to swoop in and try to tell or allow them to call them Papi or Dad would send me through the roof.
True, I should have acknowledged that you did eventually apologize

Quote:
Thanks S10 for the backing, I agree whole heartly with you.

I really think like S10 said you got to live with these kids to find out how it is going to work out. Most people can easily befriend childern they are very trusting and enjoy any adult attention. I could take my son to Chucky Cheese every day and he would love and like the hell out of me, does this make me a good parent? Ah no...
Certainly, my cousins and nieces adore me and think I'm so much fun (and it's so cool how I can get them free passes to Disney World), but I'm not naive to the difficulties and responsibilities of being a real parent

Quote:
I also find it incrediable how many people back Jsarno on this site after the guy has been a know it all ass to most of us but I guess you guys like the abuse. Is it the flowers he sends to your hospital bed after beating you up the night before that makes you want to take him back?
Which is ultimately what I think is the issue here. Personally, and jsarno already knows this, I could pretty much care less about him. I don't know him, I don't think I'll ever know him, I don't have any desire to. I'm sure he feels the same about me. But I'm trying to put that aside here (as I think others are too), but are you? If it was Sheriff Gonna Getcha for example who had started this thread would your reaction be different?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #146
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,689
Re: advice needed...

I am upset most with the poor children in this story but it does help fuel my angry that Jsarno is unlikeable. Is this not human nature though? We are more forgiving to the ones we like vs. those we dislike.

To be honest I think Jsarno read this situation in the Playboy Advisor and has adapted as his own story, I find him to be an out right liar on many levels, none of his storys add up and he has been caught in lies many times here. I personally think he is either or both crazy and/or a heavy drinker.

Since my life is lacking in any major drama it is nice to be able to read this thread to get me through boring parts of my work day and I thank you Jsarno for that. See you can always find something nice to say. =)
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #147
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: advice needed...

The difference between S10 and mrredskins is one actually has a logical critique and one seems to be running on a personal vendetta.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #148
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,689
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
The difference between S10 and mrredskins is one actually has a logical critique and one seems to be running on a personal vendetta.

totally correct.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:43 PM   #149
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If I'm reading this right you think he had child with his first wife which I think is not the case but I have only read about 90% of this thread.
He had a daughter with his first wife. With much respect I utter the words "She is Deceased". Tread carefully my friend.

Edit: And actually GM was talking about the other guy and not J.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #150
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If I'm reading this right you think he had child with his first wife which I think is not the case but I have only read about 90% of this thread.
I think you misread my post. I was referring to Julia's ex-husband being the biological father of the two children currently calling Jsarno "dad." I know Jsarno didn't have kids with his ex-wife.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31468 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25