Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


advice needed...

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #106
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: advice needed...

I just wanted to throw this out. Right now your the fun guy who comes and does stuff with them but soon you will be the guy who has to raise and now disciplin them. Thats when thing start to get a little crazy. You will hear at some point one of them say I want to go live with dad or your not my dad. The roles will now be reversed and he will be the guy who comes and plays with them and then brings them back. Your the one who has to now get them to bed and such.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #107
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If you don't mind my asking, how much of the appeal of being with Julia (again) is that it gives you the chance to be a dad (as it were), something that unfortunately wasn't happening with your ex-wife? Do you feel that's something you'd been missing and now you're getting that opportunity?
If you don't mind, I'd rather PM you that, if that is OK.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #108
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

i wish for you happiness, but the way you describe the scenario, is like me describing the FO's latest and greatest move even when the rest of the Warpathers are telling me its a mistake. I hear no recognition in your tone that you get the fact that just cuz the kids think you are cool, does not translate to them loving their dad any less.
I sincerely hope they won't love him less. I'm not trying to take his place, but hope to be a valuable addition.

Quote:
I doubt I will respond any more Jsarno, I HOPE you have a happy life, and I am sure your intentions are good. Please tread carefully kind sir.
Thank you.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #109
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I just wanted to throw this out. Right now your the fun guy who comes and does stuff with them but soon you will be the guy who has to raise and now disciplin them. Thats when thing start to get a little crazy. You will hear at some point one of them say I want to go live with dad or your not my dad. The roles will now be reversed and he will be the guy who comes and plays with them and then brings them back. Your the one who has to now get them to bed and such.
Very valid points. Im sure that will happen some day, and I'm obviously not looking forward to it.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #110
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
He just today said he will let her go, but under conditions...he wants to move back to his home town (across the country), and he wants 50/50 custody. I find this to be a tad bit of blackmail.
Well then he is a dirtball if he is using the kids for leverage. If he was a grown up he'd face facts ask for 50/50 and stay near them. Moving across the country away from your kids expecting them to uproot themselves 50% of the time is baffling. It is selfish crap.

Last edited by FRPLG; 03-03-2009 at 09:03 PM.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #111
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,217
Re: advice needed...

A few things:

1) If he's been abusive to Julia, as you say, why doesn't Julia stick it to him and go for 100% custody? If he's been abusive she has the legal grounds to do so. And it would seem to be in the best interests of the children. I have no idea why she feels the need to negotiate anything on that point.

2) The kids are 4 and 2 - or whatever young ages you said. Of course they adore you. The question is how will they see you when they're 8, or 11, or 14?

3) It's still highly coincidental that she called you up just weeks after having it out with her husband. In my opinion she's clearly using you.

4) Do you have a friggin job yet? If not, I mean you're not even a parent yet and are already becoming one of the most irresponsible parents I've ever heard of.

5) I'm very glad that the biggest problem I face tonight is how much to bid on that baseball/softball mitt on ebay. Sometimes you need a thread like this to make you feel better about your own life!
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #112
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
A few things:

1) If he's been abusive to Julia, as you say, why doesn't Julia stick it to him and go for 100% custody? If he's been abusive she has the legal grounds to do so. And it would seem to be in the best interests of the children. I have no idea why she feels the need to negotiate anything on that point.

2) The kids are 4 and 2 - or whatever young ages you said. Of course they adore you. The question is how will they see you when they're 8, or 11, or 14?

3) It's still highly coincidental that she called you up just weeks after having it out with her husband. In my opinion she's clearly using you.

4) Do you have a friggin job yet? If not, I mean you're not even a parent yet and are already becoming one of the most irresponsible parents I've ever heard of.

5) I'm very glad that the biggest problem I face tonight is how much to bid on that baseball/softball mitt on ebay. Sometimes you need a thread like this to make you feel better about your own life!
AMEN!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #113
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: advice needed...

Just an FYI (don't know if I have mentioned this yet), the last time Julia and I were together, the Skins won the SB...since I was with my ex, well, you know the drought!
I smell another SB ring coming!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #114
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: advice needed...

So what is the situation like now?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #115
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 34
Posts: 16,275
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Just an FYI (don't know if I have mentioned this yet), the last time Julia and I were together, the Skins won the SB...since I was with my ex, well, you know the drought!
I smell another SB ring coming!
That changes my mind on everything. Get this deal done.


Seriously, good luck, man. I don't agree with everything going on but as you said, it's a unique situation and only you and Julia will know for sure if you're doing the right thing. I commend you for thinking of the children first. They ARE the most important part in this ordeal.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #116
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
That changes my mind on everything. Get this deal done.


Seriously, good luck, man. I don't agree with everything going on but as you said, it's a unique situation and only you and Julia will know for sure if you're doing the right thing. I commend you for thinking of the children first. They ARE the most important part in this ordeal.
DITTO!
MAKE IT HAPPEN J!!! Countin' on you!!!!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #117
Special Teams
 
love them hogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Baltimore for now
Age: 35
Posts: 235
Re: advice needed...

Your situation is almost a mirror image of my life six years ago.With the exception that I wasn't married.I met my soul mate and lost her for many years until one day out of the blue she sent me an e-mail.She was married and had a two year old son.I had always loved her and wanted to be with her but had to give it up because it was just not ,and still isn't ,in my personality to cheat or mess with another mans wife.This man however was abusive so I just said f-it and called her to see what was up.

Anyways, long story short here I am six years later and we are still together and I am happier than any point in my life.We have since had a daughter together and I love our children equally.I dare anybody to say that he is not my son.I am his father in every way except biologically.

Basically I'm saying if you Know and I mean you Know that the two of you are Soulmates let nothing get between that.Especially not something as shallow as money.


Hope this helps.
love them hogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #118
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So what is the situation like now?
Well, I know the situation is still early, but its going great. Taking the kiddos to Chuck E Cheese today. We are extremely happy together, and the kids call me papi. I love that. Julia is amazed at how well they have taken to me. It's likely the attention I give them, and how happy both of us are, and they notice the difference. We both clearly made the right choice, even though we are still not out of the woods yet.
It's amazing how life brightens up when you are loved and give love.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #119
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
That changes my mind on everything. Get this deal done.


Seriously, good luck, man. I don't agree with everything going on but as you said, it's a unique situation and only you and Julia will know for sure if you're doing the right thing. I commend you for thinking of the children first. They ARE the most important part in this ordeal.
I agree man...I have been sure to take care of them first...it's really quite easy, they are great kids.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #120
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by love them hogs View Post
Your situation is almost a mirror image of my life six years ago.With the exception that I wasn't married.I met my soul mate and lost her for many years until one day out of the blue she sent me an e-mail.She was married and had a two year old son.I had always loved her and wanted to be with her but had to give it up because it was just not ,and still isn't ,in my personality to cheat or mess with another mans wife.This man however was abusive so I just said f-it and called her to see what was up.

Anyways, long story short here I am six years later and we are still together and I am happier than any point in my life.We have since had a daughter together and I love our children equally.I dare anybody to say that he is not my son.I am his father in every way except biologically.

Basically I'm saying if you Know and I mean you Know that the two of you are Soulmates let nothing get between that.Especially not something as shallow as money.


Hope this helps.
That is GREAT to know. It's good to hear I am not the only one that went through this. In particular I am interested to hear how well adjusted (or not) the kids are? (well in your case, your son)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32760 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25