Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Chimp beatdown

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #46
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Chimp beatdown

I had a sense of outrage at the moron who owns the chimp. Because the chimp was there in the first place, the neighbor tried to help out and got maimed. That's bullshit. It's very similar situation for anyone owning a vicious dog.

However, to an extent I see TTE's point. If I'm the neighbor and I see a chimp going ape (literally) I'll stand back and watch from a safe distance. I'd probably call the cops to help, but if the chimp kills the owner, that's what she friggin gets. There's no way I'd risk my ass against a chimpanzee unless it was bearing down on my wife or kids.

Last edited by Schneed10; 02-18-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #47
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I had a sense of outrage at the moron who owns the chimp. Because the chimp was there in the first place, the neighbor tried to help out and got maimed. That's bullshit. It's very similar situation for anyone owning a vicious dog.

However, to an extent I see TTE's point. If I'm the neighbor and I see a chimp going ape (literally) I'll stand back and watch from a safe distance. I'd probably call the cops to help, but if the chimp kills the owner, that's what she friggin gets. There's no way I'd risk my ass against a chimpanzee unless it was bearing down on my wife or kids.
Schneed, according to what I've read this is not how it went down at all. The victim was the owner's good friend. She had spent lots of time with the chimp in the past and often visited the home. So fond of and familiar with the monkey was she that this time she had brought an Elmo doll as a gift for it. She got out of her car carrying the doll and was attacked. For whatever reason, something triggered the monkey to flip out. The friend was not intervening in anything as the monkey was not attacking the owner.

This is at least what I have read.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #48
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Schneed, according to what I've read this is not how it went down at all. The victim was the owner's good friend. She had spent lots of time with the chimp in the past and often visited the home. So fond of and familiar with the monkey was she that this time she had brought an Elmo doll as a gift for it. She got out of her car carrying the doll and was attacked. For whatever reason, something triggered the monkey to flip out. The friend was not intervening in anything as the monkey was not attacking the owner.

This is at least what I have read.
I thought the monkey got out of the house with a key and the friend tried to help out?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #49
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Chimp beatdown

update: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/ny...l?ref=nyregion
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #50
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Chimp beatdown

Just when you think you've seen or heard it all from moron land, here comes another:

Paterson, Sharpton slam NY Post chimp cartoon -- Newsday.com
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #51
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Chimp beatdown

NY Post and its Cartoonist think they're funny too:




What's really funny is the response from the cartoonist to criticism:

Quote:
Do you really think I’m saying Obama should be shot? I didn’t see that in the cartoon. It’s about the economic stimulus bill. If you’re going to make that about anybody, it would be Pelosi, which it’s not.

-Sean Delonas
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #52
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,593
Re: Chimp beatdown

I think that cartoon disgraces African Americans more then the slaned ape from earlier this week.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #53
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Just when you think you've seen or heard it all from moron land, here comes another:

Paterson, Sharpton slam NY Post chimp cartoon -- Newsday.com
You beat me to it. Little do they know no one is laughing. Seriously, where is the satire and humor in the cartoon? Where's the irony, derision, or wit?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #54
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Chimp beatdown

Michael Steele is one cool and funny cat too though not in the way he hoped I am sure:

Quote:
“we need to uptick our image with everyone, including one-armed midgets.”
LOL...now that's funny...and sad...all at the same time.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #55
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I thought the monkey got out of the house with a key and the friend tried to help out?
Oh I see what you are saying, I thought you meant she was like intervening in an attack. I don't know that you can fault her for going over though, given that she had a relationship with the chimp.

Is anyone else really uncomfortable with the idea of face transplantation? That just gives me the willies.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #56
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
NY Post and its Cartoonist think they're funny too:




What's really funny is the response from the cartoonist to criticism:
Trample, did you draw this?
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #57
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Oh I see what you are saying, I thought you meant she was like intervening in an attack. I don't know that you can fault her for going over though, given that she had a relationship with the chimp.

Is anyone else really uncomfortable with the idea of face transplantation? That just gives me the willies.
What gives me the willies more is the fact his monkey literally ripped her face off. Can you imagine being the cop that rolled up on that scene? Wow.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #58
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You beat me to it. Little do they know no one is laughing. Seriously, where is the satire and humor in the cartoon? Where's the irony, derision, or wit?
Saden, an off topic item, but why do you put so many links in when you're making a point? I don't even click on 10% of them. I'd rather you just make your point on your own.

Criticism police.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #59
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think that cartoon disgraces African Americans more then the slaned ape from earlier this week.
If you read the caption it says about writing the stimulas bill. The President does not write bills so it was not refering to him but does this mean if anyone does a cartoon about Obama its races. The only time I even look at him as AA is when its pointed out by the media or who ever is bringing it up. I know he is the first AA to hold office which is a great acheivement but after that he is just another person and thats how I look at him.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #60
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Chimp beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Saden, an off topic item, but why do you put so many links in when you're making a point? I don't even click on 10% of them. I'd rather you just make your point on your own.

Criticism police.

I provide links to support my argument and to give context to my posts when possible. Honestly though, linking takes some effort and it's much easier to just write a post and be done without having to explain yourself. Clicking is obviously optional but for further detail as to why I link you should read Frank Rich piece or you can just read the quote below seeing how you don't like linking :p


Quote:
Rich says his linking is as much about backing up his argument as it is about adding background. If one’s argument is only as good as one’s facts, Rich sends you to his facts. “Now, sometimes it’s unlinkable material,” he says. “But why not give the reader, if he or she wants to, the opportunity to see the sources, or a source, when it’s available? It helps bulletproof the column, because if they say ‘He must be making that up,’ they can look and see — here’s the source, take a look and judge it for yourself….If I’m citing a figure, at the most banal level, from the Labor Department or a poll or an economic report, [why not] link to the whole document it comes from?”

...

Rich says he does see the links as optional added value. “To me as a writer, the most important thing is to have the column stand alone,” he told me. “Believe it or not, there are still a lot of readers who still read the column on paper.” Linking, he says, is “extracurricular activity for those who want it and have the time to indulge in it.”
p.s. I of course was doing it big way before Frank Rich.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 02-19-2009 at 12:08 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34095 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25