Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


How Low Can It Go?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Call me an optimist, but I do not see it going below 6000. This is going to rebound soon.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: How Low Can It Go?

i'd assume companies like GE or whatnot could be good buys.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #18
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Microsoft is pretty low too, there's a lot of bargains out there, the question is how much lower are things going to go?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I have an asshole too and I am capable of taking a dump.
That's good news, glad to hear it.
Quote:
The good news is Mr. Black won't pay just 15% capital gains tax on his income, and Delphi Management will be regulated and their investments portfolio will become transparent.
Increasing the capital gains tax in the middle of a severe recession isn't good news and is a factor keeping the market in its downward spiral. Over-regulation isn't a good thing, transparency is.

Quote:
Haters are out in full force, Lord Obama warned us about people like Mr. Black.
Mr. Black's response was no shock, as I'm sure most folks on Wall Street and those who understand the economy and invesments feel the same way. However the fact that USA Today quoted him and printed it on the front page is surprising.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
Miller101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 362
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I have an asshole too and I am capable of taking a dump. The good news is Mr. Black won't pay just 15% capital gains tax on his income, and Delphi Management will be regulated and their investments portfolio will become transparent.

Haters are out in full force, Lord Obama warned us about people like Mr. Black.
What I don't understand is why Mr. Black is saying that this tanking is Obama's fault...............this market has been tanking for a year now. Obama just got here. If anything its Black's fault! He's been working there this whole time!
__________________
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
That's good news, glad to hear it.
Increasing the capital gains tax in the middle of a severe recession isn't good news and is a factor keeping the market in its downward spiral. Over-regulation isn't a good thing, transparency is.

Mr. Black's response was no shock, as I'm sure most folks on Wall Street and those who understand the economy and invesments feel the same way. However the fact that USA Today quoted him and printed it on the front page is surprising.
I believe the capital gains tax will go up from 15% to 20% two years from now, which isn't going to break backs. Top income earners won't escape being taxed at 39% by taking all their incomes in the form of capital gains, everyone should want the closure of this loophole.

As for Mr. Black, he's another Santelli, a little bitch by all account. These folks haven't yet figured out that the tea party has already been had and was lead by Obama.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #22
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
What I don't understand is why Mr. Black is saying that this tanking is Obama's fault...............this market has been tanking for a year now. Obama just got here. If anything its Black's fault! He's been working there this whole time!

I think the fighting has begun, fortunately these people are not very bright.

I mean seriously, the guy wants more respect and understanding all the while advocating for a tea party? He thinks the press secretary is threatening him? Wat a f'ing retard.


__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: How Low Can It Go?

I really didn't want to have a debate about whose fault it is, as that debate will be ongoing for many months in many forums. I was more interested in getting folks on the record as to where they think the bottom is, kind of like an office pool.

Having said that, I sense a defensive tone from the Democrats on the stock market. Of course Obama cannot yet be held responsible for the bulk of the nasty economic indicators we see, but the stock market is a little different. It tends to react more to events in real time - Fed action, earnings reports, wars and natural disasters, etc. That is not to say that the underlying fundamentals are not shit, but I do think the feckless response of Geithner for example, has not been helpful. It's also why all the Democrats are talking about Rush Limbaugh right now. They would prefer to wait for some sign of recovery and THEN talk about the economy. That's the way it goes.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: How Low Can It Go?

3500.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I believe the capital gains tax will go up from 15% to 20% two years from now, which isn't going to break backs. Top income earners won't escape being taxed at 39% by taking all their incomes in the form of capital gains, everyone should want the closure of this loophole.
The top income earners are the ones for the most part who create jobs and run businesses, if their effective tax rate will more than double, it will negatively affect a market that's already weak. Obama's policies and economic plan are not sound for putting the economy on track. He's directly attacking the folks that pay over 1/3 of federal taxes in the U.S. and indirectly hurting a far greater percentage with the capital gains increase. A capital gains increase will cause stocks to drop. It doesn't matter if he's delaying it two years, it's coming and people know it. The market is struggling and the solution appears to be increase taxes and spend on programs that are additional benefit programs, pork, or won't create jobs in the near term.

It doesn't matter at this point who put us in this situation because arguing that point fixes nothing. The plan he's putting forth is bad and the market is reacting appropriately. Unfortunately the majority of the American people don't understand the situation.

Quote:
As for Mr. Black, he's another Santelli, a little bitch by all account. These folks haven't yet figured out that the tea party has already been had and was lead by Obama.
You're missing or ignoring my point, I couldn't care less about Black (IMO he's right) or Santelli (yes, he does sound like a soft, little bitch putting his accusations off on his wife and friends). USA Today leans pretty hard to the left and was a big Obama supporter in the election. Now they're running charts diagraming the deficit under Obama and how it's going to get drastically worse, and printing the quote from Black on the front page. It appears the folks who had the tea party are finally realizing when you dump the tea you've got nothing left to have with your crumpets.

And while we're using that analogy, if I remember my U.S. history courses, the Boston Tea Party was over taxation without representation. I would argue that the high income earners are in almost the same situation as the American revolutionaries in that the Dems have succeeded in their class warfare arguments and convinced a majority of folks that it's OK to put a far greater tax percentage on those who are successful and when things go south just tax those folks more. The high income earners are so far outnumbered they have little to no chance to win at the ballot box.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Of course Obama cannot yet be held responsible for the bulk of the nasty economic indicators we see, but the stock market is a little different. It tends to react more to events in real time - Fed action, earnings reports, wars and natural disasters, etc. That is not to say that the underlying fundamentals are not shit, but I do think the feckless response of Geithner for example, has not been helpful. It's also why all the Democrats are talking about Rush Limbaugh right now. They would prefer to wait for some sign of recovery and THEN talk about the economy. That's the way it goes.
But the Democratic controlled Congress (that approves all spending) sure can.

The basic fundamentals of the economy (productivity per worker, etc) are still sound. The mortage/housing crisis was the cause of the mess up until the election. The market appeared stabilized even after Obama's election at about 9K. After he began announcing his economic policies is when the market tanked to under 7K.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I believe the capital gains tax will go up from 15% to 20% two years from now, which isn't going to break backs. Top income earners won't escape being taxed at 39% by taking all their incomes in the form of capital gains, everyone should want the closure of this loophole.

As for Mr. Black, he's another Santelli, a little bitch by all account. These folks haven't yet figured out that the tea party has already been had and was lead by Obama.
Good idea make people less rich. Retarded.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I really didn't want to have a debate about whose fault it is, as that debate will be ongoing for many months in many forums. I was more interested in getting folks on the record as to where they think the bottom is, kind of like an office pool.

Having said that, I sense a defensive tone from the Democrats on the stock market. Of course Obama cannot yet be held responsible for the bulk of the nasty economic indicators we see, but the stock market is a little different. It tends to react more to events in real time - Fed action, earnings reports, wars and natural disasters, etc. That is not to say that the underlying fundamentals are not shit, but I do think the feckless response of Geithner for example, has not been helpful. It's also why all the Democrats are talking about Rush Limbaugh right now. They would prefer to wait for some sign of recovery and THEN talk about the economy. That's the way it goes.
Thank you.

I love it. Obama can do no wrong for all the cult followers. I gave this dope Obama a chance but his policies have investors scared shitless and he is killing the market. That will contnue to degrade consumer confidence. Rinse/repeat. Simple idiocy.

Last edited by FRPLG; 03-03-2009 at 04:56 PM.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #29
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I believe the capital gains tax will go up from 15% to 20% two years from now, which isn't going to break backs. Top income earners won't escape being taxed at 39% by taking all their incomes in the form of capital gains, everyone should want the closure of this loophole.

As for Mr. Black, he's another Santelli, a little bitch by all account. These folks haven't yet figured out that the tea party has already been had and was lead by Obama.
Please explain how top income earners escape higher taxes by taking all their income as capital gains?

Last edited by firstdown; 03-03-2009 at 06:05 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: How Low Can It Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Thank you.

I love it. Obama can do no wrong for all the cult followers. I gave this dope Obama a chance but his policies have investors scared shitless and he is killing the market. That will contnue to degrade consumer confidence. Rinse/repeat. Simple idiocy.
A wise edit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42709 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25