Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Marijuana will neve be legalized. The alcohol and cigarette industries don't want any competition from a substance you can grow in your back yard and the government can't tax it.
Picture this

Legalize it, it can then be mass produced and they can tax the hell out of it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #17
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Picture this

Legalize it, it can then be mass produced and they can tax the hell out of it.

I agree Matty. You could grow your own tobacco but who really does? Plus most pot smokers are pretty lazy (shocker) and I could see them just walking down to the 7-11 to get a pack instead of actually taking the time to grow it. Also if you grow it inside for the casual user it is pretty expensive considering the lights and all that stuff.

Plus, you would be able to control who actual gets it. I rather have a clerk sell it to people and checking IDs, instead of some slim ball on the corner who is selling to kids. Did any one see Last House on the Left?

I personally don't smoke and never have ( I have never been able to inhale any smoke, I cough like crazy) but it is just so dum how much money we spend on trying to stop this drug and what we could be getting from this drug, tax dollars.

There is also still all the medical benefits of it.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #18
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

This one baffles me. I have never understood why the government doesn't legalize and regulate it. I think mredskins off-hand point of pot-smokers being lazy probably is as close to a reason as any since no group is going to lead the charge on this one. of course it could be that everyone fears the fate of the . I Love that clip!!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #19
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,470
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Think what a economic boon it would be for the potato chip, and snack food industries?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Yeah, I'd certainly invest in Frito-Lay, Krisky Kreme, and whoever makes Doritos quick if this legislation was about to pass.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #21
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

So once legalized what is a fair price for a 20 pack of ciggaweed? Can people grow it at home? Because if they can, that shit ain't getting taxed.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
So once legalized what is a fair price for a 20 pack of ciggaweed? Can people grow it at home? Because if they can, that shit ain't getting taxed.
yo ucan grow a ton of crap on your own that is currenly taxed, the thing is people are not going to go to that kind of trouble.

I am taxed on corn but you don't see me growing my own for consumption.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Legalize it and let's wipe out the debt!
That's what I'm screaming. Hell yes.

And yeah AMD, Grandma's Boy is great stuff.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
So once legalized what is a fair price for a 20 pack of ciggaweed? Can people grow it at home? Because if they can, that shit ain't getting taxed.
I'm not sure about an adjusted price if it were legalized, but i have an idea. My buddy has a prescription and according to him, all the dispensaries sell it at about street value. Depending on strain, an eighth is around 50-70. I'm guessing since it's illegal in most places, the price is naturally driven up. Keep it around street prices when it's legal and people can still make a profit (even with taxation) since there's less links on the distribution chain.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #25
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
yo ucan grow a ton of crap on your own that is currenly taxed, the thing is people are not going to go to that kind of trouble.

I am taxed on corn but you don't see me growing my own for consumption.
I thought about that, growing a few plants in your basement is more cost effective than growing your own corn, especially if we're talking about keeping prices street price high. I mean, the growth period for marijuana is shorter (~8 weeks) and amusing you're not a weedhead the consumption rate is smaller (2/3 times a week).


Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I'm not sure about an adjusted price if it were legalized, but i have an idea. My buddy has a prescription and according to him, all the dispensaries sell it at about street value. Depending on strain, an eighth is around 50-70. I'm guessing since it's illegal in most places, the price is naturally driven up. Keep it around street prices when it's legal and people can still make a profit (even with taxation) since there's less links on the distribution chain.
Around here it's $40-$60 for 5 ounce bag, depending on quality of course. I suspect once it is legalized prices will plummet cause every stoner will have the great idea of starting their own weed business. Of course if the government taxes it to death and prices remain as they are it'll give people more incentive to grow their own or find a friend that'll share their stash on the cheap.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Around here it's $40-$60 for 5 ounce bag, depending on quality of course.
That's gotta be a misprint... a 5 oz. bag???
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #27
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
That's gotta be a misprint... a 5 oz. bag???
LOL...now that's a steal. It's for 5 grams.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Picture this

Legalize it, it can then be mass produced and they can tax the hell out of it.
Back in my youth I grew pot. It is easier than Tobacco and costs next to nothing. With a hand full of Schwag seeds I can grow about a lb to 2 lbs of high quality Mary Jane. That's without effort. With the same amount of care that I give my tomatoes and twice the amount of Canadian seed bank seeds, I can grow about 10 lbs of primo. This is all without lights.

I can also grow a room full of mushrooms with about five spore prints.

Trust me, you cannot tax pot. There are just too many people like me who can grow it. Tobacco takes a good soil rotation and a lot of land since it depletes all of the minerals from the earth. It also has to be dried and properly blended. I can grow pot in my ditch.

Disclaimer: I do not advocate the use of illegal narcotics or the sale of them. I've not used or grown any illegal substance in many years and do not suggest that anyone manufacture controlled substances for any purpose.

I've been in pleny of automobile accidents too and I wouldn't recommend them either.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #29
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
That's gotta be a misprint... a 5 oz. bag???
He must mean grams, otherwise I'm moving to Seattle.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Anti-Marijuana Ad Targets Video Game Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Back in my youth I grew pot. It is easier than Tobacco and costs next to nothing. With a hand full of Schwag seeds I can grow about a lb to 2 lbs of high quality Mary Jane. That's without effort. With the same amount of care that I give my tomatoes and twice the amount of Canadian seed bank seeds, I can grow about 10 lbs of primo. This is all without lights.

I can also grow a room full of mushrooms with about five spore prints.

Trust me, you cannot tax pot. There are just too many people like me who can grow it. Tobacco takes a good soil rotation and a lot of land since it depletes all of the minerals from the earth. It also has to be dried and properly blended. I can grow pot in my ditch.

Disclaimer: I do not advocate the use of illegal narcotics or the sale of them. I've not used or grown any illegal substance in many years and do not suggest that anyone manufacture controlled substances for any purpose.

I've been in pleny of automobile accidents too and I wouldn't recommend them either.
If they sold pot in stores you don't think the demand for it would be through the roof?? Please.

I can brew my own beer or grow my own tobacco too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.48635 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25