Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,906
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Never heard of Summerplace, but it looks like it's in the quiet part of town.

Eats: My favorite place down there is called El Dorado. Their main attraction is their fish tacos (Guy who owns is used to have a baja taco stand in Mexico for years). Their burritos are good, as well as their guac. Fish tacos may sound weird, but these are the best.

Subs, I like Louie's Pizza, 4 doors down from the boards on Rehoboth Avenue.

If crabs are your interest, my family's go-to place is Lazy Susan's, Route 1 North near the turn off for the Cape May Ferry.

For casual to a little upscale, there is Fins Raw Bar. They have 6 different types of oysters daily, shucked right at in front of you at the bar. The Cultured Pearl is right down the street from them, and has great Japanese food and sushi. Dogfish Head Brewpub has awesome beers (I recommend the 90 Minute IPA) and food.

As far as places to watch the draft, there is Fins, Dogfish Head, Grotto Pizza (both boardwalk locations have separate bars), and Hooters.

Have a blast.
dang it i wish i had read this before we left, living right above TJ for years gave me a fish taco addiction (only if done right, baja style)

Summerplace was a cool place to stay for people without kids. for $75 the condo was def worth it comparatively. Honestly didnt even spend more than 5 mins in there until 3 am.

well me and my girl are bar hopping drunks so we had a great time. went to every bar there was, ate dinner at summerhouse, real good at a fair price so i know why it was packed.

highlight for me was drunk walking in the tide line with my girl, saw a hermit crab (i think) try and burrow into the sand but i was able to get em. something about wildlife and cold beer makes me feel connected as a man.

highlight for my girl was her getting up on a lil stage with this flaming gay and awesome piano man, she did this jazzy sexy number, when she came down the whole bar gave her a standing ovation, when we left it was to a standing O. a block down she was glowing, one of those life moment deals, wanted to go back but i was like "un un baby, you went out on top". stopped in some many bars i cant even remember now. around last call i ordered a ton of shots and beers b/c we failed to stock up our fridge. walked back to the condo with about 5 opened but full beers in my pockets. then certain people blacked out and things got alil crazy, i sleep on the sofa. alas even on vacation there a sofa somewhere waiting for a man to rest his head.

all in all a great time, at 30 i think i party to hard sometimes, rehoboth was alil to quiet for me, OC is alil to young drunk . . . the search for a cool beach (on the east coast) that fits me perfectly is still on going. thinking OBX next

PS - i did wake up with a ton of bug bites. sweet, they must have liked what they were tasting and came back for more. . . or got drunk off my sweat and didnt know any better. j/k

pss- managed to do alil ish talkin to this eagles couple too! we were all drinking, laughing watching the draft then i said to my girl "babe, did you bring that broom with us" she said "what broom?", i said "you know that big ole whoopin stick broom we used on the eagles last year." the eagles guy was like "aww man come on, i knew you wouldnt be able to hold off" . . then went on to discuss the eagles making so far in the playoffs, etc . .

go skins!!

purple parrot is a skins bar, there was an eagles bar but i forget
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,906
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
mmmmmm Dogfish Head

try a 120 while you're there
yeah my dumb ass screwed that up. we stopped at a Firdays on our way in, i got a few pints of the 60 (which i have all teh time in bmore) figuring i could get teh 90 and 120 down there, kind of like a build up taste testing thing . . . .well my dumb ass started drinking hard early and never thought to even get my 120.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #18
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
dang it i wish i had read this before we left, living right above TJ for years gave me a fish taco addiction (only if done right, baja style)

Summerplace was a cool place to stay for people without kids. for $75 the condo was def worth it comparatively. Honestly didnt even spend more than 5 mins in there until 3 am.

well me and my girl are bar hopping drunks so we had a great time. went to every bar there was, ate dinner at summerhouse, real good at a fair price so i know why it was packed.

highlight for me was drunk walking in the tide line with my girl, saw a hermit crab (i think) try and burrow into the sand but i was able to get em. something about wildlife and cold beer makes me feel connected as a man.

highlight for my girl was her getting up on a lil stage with this flaming gay and awesome piano man, she did this jazzy sexy number, when she came down the whole bar gave her a standing ovation, when we left it was to a standing O. a block down she was glowing, one of those life moment deals, wanted to go back but i was like "un un baby, you went out on top". stopped in some many bars i cant even remember now. around last call i ordered a ton of shots and beers b/c we failed to stock up our fridge. walked back to the condo with about 5 opened but full beers in my pockets. then certain people blacked out and things got alil crazy, i sleep on the sofa. alas even on vacation there a sofa somewhere waiting for a man to rest his head.

all in all a great time, at 30 i think i party to hard sometimes, rehoboth was alil to quiet for me, OC is alil to young drunk . . . the search for a cool beach (on the east coast) that fits me perfectly is still on going. thinking OBX next

PS - i did wake up with a ton of bug bites. sweet, they must have liked what they were tasting and came back for more. . . or got drunk off my sweat and didnt know any better. j/k

pss- managed to do alil ish talkin to this eagles couple too! we were all drinking, laughing watching the draft then i said to my girl "babe, did you bring that broom with us" she said "what broom?", i said "you know that big ole whoopin stick broom we used on the eagles last year." the eagles guy was like "aww man come on, i knew you wouldnt be able to hold off" . . then went on to discuss the eagles making so far in the playoffs, etc . .

go skins!!

purple parrot is a skins bar, there was an eagles bar but i forget
Dewey Beach is your calling man or try Newport RI.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 36
Posts: 4,491
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Yep Dewey Beach between Memorial Day and Labor Day is one big drunk fest. Stay in Rehoboth for the quiet hangover sleep and party in Dewey, and you'll be golden.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #20
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Blanca Peak:


Jagged Mountain:


Crestone Peak:
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #21
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,051
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

My pregnant wife and I are taking our almost 5 year old to Disney for her big pre-Kindergarten vacay. One week throwing down with Mickey ought to be enough to kill me but it should be mostly fun.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #22
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,111
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Hey FRPLG I will be there in late June, with my kids. When are you going?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #23
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,051
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Hey FRPLG I will be there in late June, with my kids. When are you going?
Secondweek of June. Took advantage of the 4+3free deal.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #24
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,111
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Secondweek of June. Took advantage of the 4+3free deal.
gotcha, we will be there after you I guess. I have a friend down that way so I m bumming a place to stay for the week. Still expensive!!

I didn't ask, you doing D-Land, or World?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #25
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,051
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

World. We're staying on Resort in the cabins. Arm and a freakin' leg. Stimulate stimulate stimulate. I am doing my part.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #26
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,111
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

On Resort, Wow(do they provide the wheelchair after the amputation????)... Your 5yo will Love it. I have a 8yo girl, her 9th bday is July 2nd, and we have a princess breakfast scheduled for the 4th. Also hoping to see the fireworks the 4th of July night.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #27
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,716
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
World. We're staying on Resort in the cabins. Arm and a freakin' leg. Stimulate stimulate stimulate. I am doing my part.
No doubt....Disney is NOT cheap, but they KNOW what they are doing. They go to GREAT extremes to make you have a good time. You will love the Wilderness campground. Much for you and the little ones to do. I stayed there with my kids a few years ago. Got to see a night Shuttle launch from D-world.......cool
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #28
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,112
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Unfortunately my wife isn't a fan of Disney World otherwise we'd be there all the time...I love the place and I've been dying to go back. I haven't been since 2004 but before that I went every other year at least
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #29
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Unfortunately my wife isn't a fan of Disney World otherwise we'd be there all the time...I love the place and I've been dying to go back. I haven't been since 2004 but before that I went every other year at least

When I worked for Disney we got free passes each year. You should get them as well working at ESPN.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #30
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,051
Re: Summer Vacation Plans and Stories

I haven't been in years so I am looking forward to it. With a week we can take our time too and we don't have to jam everything into just a few days. I have heard the campgrounds are fun. My daughter will love getting to take a boat to the parks.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.77972 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25