Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

The feds knew it would cause a panic, and not only did they not inform the public, they threatened federal sanctions on the NYPD, and the Mayor's office if news of the photo shoot was leaked. WTF???

Great use of $328,835 in taxpayer money.


FAA Memo: Feds Knew NYC Flyover Would Cause Panic - wcbstv.com
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It's really laughable that all they have to hang on to right now is a mess up with a teleprompter or who he is shaking hands with this week. Laughable and sad at the same time.
Ok. Auto Bail outs not working
Banks still not lending money
Banks sending the money over seas
The plan to save homeowners not working
Breaking of campaign promises
I'll leave some for other people.
I also don't believe that Obama knew nothing about the flight.
How about the AIG stuff

Last edited by firstdown; 04-29-2009 at 01:43 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #18
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,982
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Ok. Auto Bail outs not working
Banks still not lending money
Banks sending the money over seas
The plan to save homeowners not working
Breaking of campaign promises
I'll leave some for other people.
I also don't believe that Obama knew nothing about the flight.
How about the AIG stuff
Congrats...you keep out doing yourself. Love your work, real good stuff man.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #19
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Congrats...you keep out doing yourself. Love your work, real good stuff man.
Yea, I know.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #20
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Ok. Auto Bail outs not working
Banks still not lending money
Banks sending the money over seas
The plan to save homeowners not working
Breaking of campaign promises
I'll leave some for other people.
I also don't believe that Obama knew nothing about the flight.
How about the AIG stuff
Here firstdown, I'll lend you a hand:

100 DAYS, 100 MISTAKES FOR BARACK OBAMA - New York Post
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,004
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Sorry but a lot of the problems we're facing with the economy aren't going to be fixed over night.

How about some accomplishments over the first 100 days?

He's not perfect, nobody is, but what is he doing right, firstdown?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Sorry but a lot of the problems we're facing with the economy aren't going to be fixed over night.

How about some accomplishments over the first 100 days?

He's not perfect, nobody is, but what is he doing right, firstdown?
He got his kids a dog. Oh wait, he said he would get one from a shelter and he did not even follow through on that. I'll keep thinking.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,004
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Figures.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #24
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Figures.
To be honest that was the only thing could think of at the time then I remembered the part about the shelter At this time I cannot think of anything. I'm sure he has done things that I think are good but right now my mind is blank.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #25
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

obama will prolly go down as the worst president in history. he's only been in office 100 days and has already spent more money than every other president combined. keep up the good work mr. popular
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #26
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,848
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Does anyone else find it ironic that FOX shows Lie To Me while the other channels show the Presidential news conference. I saw that, and thought some FOX exec must be laughing their *** off
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
This teleprompter thing is getting old, clearly you're still bitter about having voted in a guy into office for 8 years who could barely speak or read English. Obama gives a speech almost every day it seems and if you're expecting him to remember 20+ min of speech you're absolutely retarded. Sigh, thinking is probably not your forte Buster, perhaps it's time to quite life?
Fine typing skills. They're on par with your maturity, I suppose.

If you can't admit that President Obama is lost without his teleprompter, then reality is foreign to you. You'd think that he would at least read his speech prior to delivering it. I can admit that President Bush (who is far more educated and intelligent than most of the population even if you can't admit it) was not as eloquent of a reader as President Obama. It's no secret. However, President Obama is constantly heralded as a great speaker when he's clearly not. He can read well. He can't deal with anything that is not scripted though, he's more of an actor than anything else.

I can't find a lot to give President Clinton credit for, but he WAS a great speaker, even if he was not delivering honesty in his speeches. I wish I could find a video of it, but his second State of the Union speech in 1994 was an example of a gifted speaker handing a teleprompter failure perfectly without hesitation or stumbling:

USA-Presidents.Info - Bill Clinton Second State of the Union Address

"Thank you very much. Mr. Speaker, Mr. President, members of the 103rd Congress, my fellow Americans: I'm not at all sure what speech is in the TelePrompter tonight -- but I hope we can talk about the state of the Union.


I ask you to begin by..."



President Obama does not have the skills to do this. As many times as he contradicts himself and basically breaks promises, it's clear that he doesn't write or even value the words in his speeches enough to apply them.

"No earmarks in this bill" was laughable.

He's going to go through every bill line-by-line and reject any pork spending...yeah, without a line-item veto. Explain how, Mr. President.

He promised to bankrupt clean coal plants and bolster them simultaneously.

He claims he doesn't want to run car companies, yet has been making decisions for them.

"Tax cuts" for 95% of Americans for those earning under $300K, no $250K...no $200K, maybe $150K if you listen to Biden...while spending more than any other President.

Won't take private campaign funding...then does.

It's obvious that he merely delivers these speeches without caring what the content is. It's also clear that he's a puppet to his teleprompter, because he's lost without it. It's very possible that his policies and his teleprompter are being guided by Nancy Pelosi anyways.

So instead of insulting former Presidents and other people here (me), why don't we just look at things honestly? I won't hate you for being wrong, because unfortunately, many, MANY Americans are now realizing they made a mistake when voting for this President with no experience and shady relationships and ties. While READING those "inspiring" speeches, he promised the world to everyone. People are slowly but steadily waking up to the reality that he simply can't and won't fulfill those promises. Most of my co-workers DID vote for President Obama, many have come to me with regrets that they voted for him and feel responsible for putting the nation in the state that it is falling into, that will burden their GRANDCHILDREN with debt they won't be able to repay even with burdensome taxes.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #28
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,982
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

It's post like the above that make you seem like a goofball. If I am lying I'm dying. I am not dying.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Fine typing skills. They're on par with your maturity, I suppose.

If you can't admit that President Obama is lost without his teleprompter, then reality is foreign to you. You'd think that he would at least read his speech prior to delivering it. I can admit that President Bush (who is far more educated and intelligent than most of the population even if you can't admit it) was not as eloquent of a reader as President Obama. It's no secret. However, President Obama is constantly heralded as a great speaker when he's clearly not. He can read well. He can't deal with anything that is not scripted though, he's more of an actor than anything else.

I can't find a lot to give President Clinton credit for, but he WAS a great speaker, even if he was not delivering honesty in his speeches. I wish I could find a video of it, but his second State of the Union speech in 1994 was an example of a gifted speaker handing a teleprompter failure perfectly without hesitation or stumbling:

USA-Presidents.Info - Bill Clinton Second State of the Union Address

"Thank you very much. Mr. Speaker, Mr. President, members of the 103rd Congress, my fellow Americans: I'm not at all sure what speech is in the TelePrompter tonight -- but I hope we can talk about the state of the Union.


I ask you to begin by..."



President Obama does not have the skills to do this. As many times as he contradicts himself and basically breaks promises, it's clear that he doesn't write or even value the words in his speeches enough to apply them.

"No earmarks in this bill" was laughable.

He's going to go through every bill line-by-line and reject any pork spending...yeah, without a line-item veto. Explain how, Mr. President.

He promised to bankrupt clean coal plants and bolster them simultaneously.

He claims he doesn't want to run car companies, yet has been making decisions for them.

"Tax cuts" for 95% of Americans for those earning under $300K, no $250K...no $200K, maybe $150K if you listen to Biden...while spending more than any other President.

Won't take private campaign funding...then does.

It's obvious that he merely delivers these speeches without caring what the content is. It's also clear that he's a puppet to his teleprompter, because he's lost without it. It's very possible that his policies and his teleprompter are being guided by Nancy Pelosi anyways.

So instead of insulting former Presidents and other people here (me), why don't we just look at things honestly? I won't hate you for being wrong, because unfortunately, many, MANY Americans are now realizing they made a mistake when voting for this President with no experience and shady relationships and ties. While READING those "inspiring" speeches, he promised the world to everyone. People are slowly but steadily waking up to the reality that he simply can't and won't fulfill those promises. Most of my co-workers DID vote for President Obama, many have come to me with regrets that they voted for him and feel responsible for putting the nation in the state that it is falling into, that will burden their GRANDCHILDREN with debt they won't be able to repay even with burdensome taxes.
Rush, Is that you?
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,004
Re: Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in Manhattan

What's the saying about being all stocked up on crazy? I think this thread is overflowing.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30620 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25